Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

XM or Sirius?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XM or Sirius?

I might be asking Santa for one of these. So which one is better?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have both. The only good thing about XM is Opie and Anthony. Sirus has better music and sports. Howard Stern isn't so bad either.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:49 AM

I chose Siruis because it has the NFL.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

sirius since it has playboy radio channel 198

brett
Old 11-19-2006, 10:44 AM

I just got an 06 and it came with Sirius. I had xm in the old truck. Serius seems to have better music, but I will miss O&A in the mornings. I would probably chose Sirius.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:50 AM

I got an XM in car system for Christmas last year and put it in my 02 Chevy truck. I liked it. I bought my new Dodge and it has Sirius already in it. So I decided to cancel my XM account and try out the Free year of Sirius. Sirius has more options and better football channels. There are also more channels that only Sirius has. Also more music channels. At this point I will probably just renew my Sirius plan once my free year is gone because of the more widely spread sports channels and more variety. Plus the receiver is built into my truck and that takes away having to put the XM receiver and run the wires in the truck. So to make a long rambling post short and sweet...I'm using the Sirius because it is there already. Pretty much it is like the programmers etc. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Check out the websites for their channel lineups and see what you would like more. Sorry for rambling
Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 AM

Get the one that has a lifetime subscription for $500.00.

One of them had it a few years ago.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 AM

I too have the '06 with Sirius. I haven't tried XM, but I like what I have because of the selection. I've heard from several people that they prefer Sirius over XM too.

HTH.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:09 AM

xm or sirius

I have had both and Sirius gets my vote. Whichever one you chose be prepared because you won't be able to go back to regular radio.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fozzy777
I have had both and Sirius gets my vote. Whichever one you chose be prepared because you won't be able to go back to regular radio.
Ditto to him. Sirius's music channels play such a wide variety of music it's not even funny. Not to mention that their country music stations play 10x better music than XM and their comedy channels are that much better as well. Sirius gets my vote as well. Not to mention that I could never keep my XM stuff working. Either the antenna would go out or the tuner would. The last straw for me to switch over was when it suddenly quit working one day and I replaced the tuner box, antenna, and even my headunit and that didn't work and the universal adapter box they had was on national back order and wouldn't be in stock for a while. So I went and bought sirius just to get satellite radio running again and I love it. I find myself listening to Sirius so much more than I ever did XM. I used to only listen to XM on road trips. Now I listen to Sirius non stop. It's that much better.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 PM

I've got both. Sirius it is! Hands down. Nascar moves to Sirius 1January as well. I tried it because of Stern. I WILL stay because of "Bubba the Love Sponge" on Howard 101. That right there is radio gold my friends. I turned it to the local morning show here last week and within seconds heard a cheesy pop rock song that is overplayed. I thanked God for my Sirius and promptly turned back. I'm hooked.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Banned

I have never known someone that had both, and liked the XM. I have only had Sirius, and love it.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:16 PM

i have had sirius for 1 year now and just love it, great music, nhl hockey, great comedy chanels and not to mention Howard Stern. i have read that within 5 years sirius will take over xm.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:08 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had my Sirius for a year and love it I have the one that is tuned to the FM station on the CD player it self whiles not the best way to go I have had no problems with it at all and I like it that way because I have four options the tape deck yes i still use that thing and the CD player and the reg radio. I find my self in my work van wanting to punch the radio because its non stop advertising and non stop talking. When they finally decide weather to keep my van or get a new one I will be adding my extra antenna and dock station too it
Old 11-20-2006, 06:03 AM

I have Sirius in my car, and XM in the house thru DirecTV, and I prefer Siruis.

Quick Reply: XM or Sirius?