Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wow, Fall is here breakroom Oct 28 - Nov 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, Fall is here breakroom Oct 28 - Nov 3

Snow is in the air - - -how neat. Uhh, well, it is in some places - - ask Cougar. Driving to church this morning I looked at the screen and it said 63 degrees.
You gotta be kidding. Never even thought about it. It was 78 while headed to the restaurant after church - - 82 in the lanai an hour ago. Sure nice laying
in the sun out there - - - didn't feel like I was being baked.

Obviously no breakfast this morning, but I did bring back some Bob Evans banana bread loaves, brewed fresh coffee and ph00 - - that should give you
a nice snack for the afternoon. I better go get to work on my "chores" and keep the blonde happy.

………………………….
Old 10-28-2018, 07:30 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evenin, thanks for making a new breakroom, Bobby.

Nothing too crazy going on, just dropping in to say hi. I'm in Virginia for business for a while, it's colder than NC, and I don't like it.

I hope everyone is well.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:18 AM

Hey buddie - - good to see you. Don't feel lonely - it is 53 here this morning. Wow, our temps sure changed in a hurry - a couple nights ago the low was 78, now 53. Turned the AC off yesterday for the first time this fall. With windows closed it was 74 in the house. Not bad for here - - but the sun was out most of the day. Anyhow, your face is very welcome around here - - been
missing a bunch of the old timers.

Put on fresh coffee and ph00, but did not have time to rustle anything else up besides some peanut butter cookies. Today will
be doctors all day. Start out in Sarasota early this morning and end in Venice at 4pm and several other stops in between.
Oh well, get it over with.

Have a great day. Oh, left a carton of fresh squeezed Florida Orange Juice on the counter too.
Ph00 is br00d, me gone.

…………….…………..
Old 10-29-2018, 09:18 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey Bob. I do miss that Florida winter for sure. I may buy an acre and put an rv pad on it when I grow up.

I miss the old days too... I remember when one of these break rooms would be 20 pages, and people would fight for who started it first at midnight. Just too much life going on, and the forum has slowed down a ton.

I'm heading to the white house tomorrow... maybe I'll get to see the man.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Mark.
Hope all is well for you.
Say Hi to him or me. 😀
Old 10-30-2018, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
Hey Bob. I do miss that Florida winter for sure. I may buy an acre and put an rv pad on it when I
grow up. I'm heading to the white house tomorrow... maybe I'll get to see the man.
We tried that two months ago. Then the stupid hurricane came along and chased us all over the place. Never did get to
DC - - we had two weeks reserved up there. Bummer. Thought seriously about parking our RV before selling it. But
then figured why. We spend a lot of time up in Sapphire Valley, NC. Love it. Sit on the deck three floors above the
ground with the humming birds buzzing around our heads and read, watch the deer or bear wander thru the yard,
drink a ph00 and see the cars across the valley on the other side of the lake driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Pretty nice. High enough to be cool, but low enough to not have a bunch of snow. Love it there.

Anyhow, good morning gang. Put on fresh coffee and ph00, there is still some orange juice, apple juice and
grape juice in the box. Brought along an assortment of nasties - - yes included some apple fritters in there but
was a good boy and only took one bite out of one. Me heading for garage and work on bicycles and get them
out of there so I can move.

………...Ph00...…………..……………...
Old 10-30-2018, 06:21 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I miss the old days too... I remember when one of these break rooms would be 20 pages, and people would fight for who started it first at midnight. Just too much life going on, and the forum has slowed down a ton. .

Hey Mark, good to see you back here. Drop by more often and stir this dead place up a bit. Those were good days. Lots of fun, bantering, poking etc between the DTR members. Some members were decidedly strange, but added to the 'atmosphere'. Wonder what changed? More members than ever now, lots of lookers, but minimal participation.

Bob, yuh dun gud again. You are early today. Will start with some juice and then go on to coffee and one of those ugly looking critters. Will pass on the one that looks like someone took a bite out of.

Yesterday was doing some gardening out in the back yard. Part of this was removing a few dead branches from a blackberry bush growing up one wall. Discovered that even with leather gloves, some of those thorns are sharp enough to penetrate right through the leather glove. It hurts!

Lots to do as usual, so had better get my act together after I have finished my coffee and see what damage I can do for the rest of the day.

Ciao.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:17 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
We tried that two months ago. Then the stupid hurricane came along and chased us all over the place. Never did get to DC - - we
had two weeks reserved up there. Bummer. Thought seriously about parking our RV before selling it. But then figured why. We
spend a lot of time up in Sapphire Valley, NC. Love it. Sit on the deck three floors above the ground with the humming birds
buzzing around our heads and read, watch the deer or bear wander thru the yard, drink a ph00 and see the cars across the valley
on the other side of the lake driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Pretty nice. High enough to be cool, but low enough to not have
a bunch of snow. Love it there.

Anyhow, good morning gang. Put on fresh coffee and ph00, there is still some orange juice, apple juice and grape juice in the box.
Brought along an assortment of nasties - - yes included some apple fritters in there but was a good boy and only took one bite out
of one. Me heading for garage and work on bicycles and get them out of there so I can move.

………...Ph00...…………..……………...

Oooh Goodie ! Can I have the one you took a bit out of and slobbered all over ? That sounds YuMMY !

Well, yesterday, after 3 months of ignoring my dodge transmission issue, cleaning up the yard, pressure washing the patio, working on the house, ..... you know all the stuff I NEVER get to do for myself, as I'm usually working on other peoples JUNK homes, I decided to finally do the testing on my failed overdrive unit in the truck. Following Angry Johnny's advice, I split the orange wire (two wire connector), tested the blue wire for power (which it had), and manually grounded the orange wire after 40mph, and wallah !!!!

Nothing changed. Still didn't shift into overdrive. I did notice that I got a little spark when I connected the ground wire to the wire on the solenoid, while driving. I assume (you know what that does) that my solenoid is bad, so I'll be calling the fellas in Florida this AM and see if it's available. Oh yippie, I get to lie on my back and swap out a solenoid inside a transmission, which I've never done anything to before other than swap out fluid in, and install a new pan back in 2011.

The house is on the final side. Still sanding. If it ever stops raining, I could (in theory) actually finish this up before winter. Not holding my breath.

Hope you guys are enjoying the autumn weather, whether snow in AK with Cougar ..... (HOPE HIS SURGERY WENT WELL), or down in FLA with Bob the Florida wonder, with the milder temps. Today, here 50*F and sunny.... OMG It's not raining.....

YET.

Pork roll and cheese sandwiches on the counter. Bring your own beverages.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:38 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Surgery was the only thing that went well yesterday. Our little 1-3" snow storm turned into 10-14"+ snow storm. I drove in without too much trouble because I'm use to it, the wife had to drive me home. I'm surprised the cops didn't stop us. Anyway, I'm recompiling comfortably at home in my recliner with cat and remote at my side. In the mid teens looks like into next week with cold and clear in the forecast.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:42 AM

Just running thru to grab a cup of ph00 - - well b00 - - everyone is sleeping in. OK, made quick pots of ph00 and coffee - - no goodies - - sorry.

Me gone.

…..…………..
Old 10-31-2018, 07:58 AM

Morning folks.

Hope all is well in Stan land. Bob land is always nice, unless there's a hurricane bearing down. Cougar, how's ya feeling today ? Hope they were able to surgically remove that neighbor out of your butt, as I hear some people up there are bigger pains in the **** than here in the lower 47.5. How about some SNOW photos ? We're oh, so looking forwards to it coming our way, here in la la land.

Another beautiful day heading this way today. Can't stand waking up in the dark, so today I slept till 7:30. I was up at 3:30 walking about my property in nothing but sneakers and a bathrobe with a baseball bat and flashlight in hand as I heard a loud crash outside, when there's not supposed to be anyone about. Mischief night can do that to some of us. Found nothing, but heading out now to see if there are remnants of anything unusual.

Back to working on the siding. Hope to have part of the garage area done today. Removed the light fixtures, created new mounting blocks, and installed them properly (this time), as when I did the house some 25 years ago, I just shoved them on, and caulked them in place. I was much younger and impulsive (can't say dummer as I still am), back then. You can see that light fixture installed improperly in the photo of my NOW properly installed New head cap flashing of the brickmold on my garage. Rubber membrane directly to the new flashing, behind the WRB. It will NEVER leak now that its done properly. Funny though, it wasn't done right for the last 25 years, and barely leaked anyway. Oh well. Looks nicer with the new forest green capping. Matches the new window I'm switching all the house windows over to. eventually, that is.

Off to looksey to see if anyone smashed stuff in the hood...

Thanks for the java, Bobba. heading out to get some dunkin donuts, and will drop them off in about an hour.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts

3° and clear. Burrrrrr! The pain killers have worn off and things feeling a bit sore, but manageable on Ibuprofen. Kinkin back in the recliner with an ice pack relaxing.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (11-01-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 05:58 PM

Hey Cougar - - - last time I saw snow was in Alaska two years ago. Haven't seen any since - - - oh, wait a minute. I did see and trip in snow at
Crater Lake one year ago - - forgot about that. I have been in Oregon multiple times but had never seen the Lake. Well, guess what?
It was a complete white out when there so I still have not seen it. Bummer.

Busy busy day - - just slowing down except going to the door for the kids trickortreating (that is one word, is it not????).

Getting 1/2 cup of ph00 and out of here. Take care.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:01 PM

,Bob,

You missed the chipmunk fstival uup there. When I was there, back in 1990, there were tame, chipmunks everywhere.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:22 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Will not bore you with a report of our fantastic weather. This morning just as the sun came up the sky had a thin, high cover of cloud. That meant that the entire sky was lit up with many shades of brilliant oranges reds and yellows. Just beautiful! Coffee and ph00 is on. Fresh made carrot juice t00. This batch is different in that it does not even look like carrot juice because it has some beets in it. Also touch of ginger. Very tasty and very healthy. I suspect that some of you are allergic to healthy foods.

What are those horrible photos that cougar posted? I vote the he be banned due to showing us such upsetting photos. Horrible! My vehicles have never ever been in yucky stuff like that.

Spent the last few day outside and doing outside maintenance work on my house. Lots of painting on both steel and concrete to be done. Hate prepping for painting and also dislike painting. I am a dangerous painter, because if you get near me while I am painting, somehow I will get paint on you too.

Our time change was last weekend and my body is still adjusting. The incoming president has spoken about removing the time changes. So far that is the only good thing I can see coming out of his term in office. Everybody that I speak to is dreading what he will do to the country and now live in fear.

Just waiting for it to get light and then heading outside again.

See yuh.

Quick Reply: Wow, Fall is here breakroom Oct 28 - Nov 3