Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Is It Worth Anything?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, this has taken a funny line of conversation. I will give the short version of the story. When I met DW she was driving a 1994 Saturn SC2 coupe. It was a cute little sporty thing with the polycarbonate side panels so NO rust. About 4.5 yrs ago my mom passed away and I got her car. We parked the Saturn behind the barn. Recently we found out that the eldest son of a good friend who lives about 1/2 mile up our gravel road got his driver's license. The family (mom and 2 teenage boys) are by no means destitute and they all work DARN hard. DW and I decided to give the Saturn to the 2 teenage boys. Last Monday (as in 5 days ago) the boys got to come and get the car. There is a really long story here about the fact that the boys are fatherless and I now get to teach them all that my father taught me about maintaining cars, but that is a story for another day. Today's story is that they took that car home on Monday evening and they spent 2 hrs cleaning it - inside and out. Mom called to tell us that she can't get them to spend 2 mins cleaning their rooms without grief but they spent 2 hrs cleaning the darn car
The car is no 'rat rod' but DW and I both hope we have started them on a path where they respect things they have been given. I only started down this conversation path when someone mentioned giving Grandpa $40 to buy that old chassis behind the barn and then worked to turn it into something good. I know this family pretty well and I am 99% sure that these boys will take the same mindset to the care of their new car.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
I had an old friend named Capt. Dave. He was licensed to fly anything, including his mouth, was a paramedic and took pride in the fact that he was pretty much the guy responsible for taking out one of the major airlines back in the 80's over pilot's pay and benefits packages, but that is another story.

Supposedly back in the late 40's in Kansas, he was given his father's ok to remove his savings account money to buy a car.

He bought an old crop duster instead and after a brief overview from the seller, he flew it home and landed it in a field. His father was irate and drove to town and hauled the seller out to return his son's money and take the plane back...

Sounded like bs to me, but old Capt. Dave was charming and always told a good story...
Old 05-15-2013, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pat/Jim here is the skinny...........

On the "builders plate"

McCulloch
Supercharger this is screwed to the case and the solenoid wire wires are attached there.

The second "plate"riveted on

Serviced and warranted by Paxton products 929 Olympic Bivd. Santa Monica Ca.
sole distributors Phone Exbrook 4-2751.Do not break seal,void if seal is broken or 5lbs boost exceeded.

I also found the air filter which is painted gold.The supercharger is painted burgundy red.

Now I only need to start sifting through other stuff.Anybody need a 1932 Pierce Arrow wood spooked wheel?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by irocpractice
Pat/Jim here is the skinny...........

On the "builders plate"

McCulloch
Supercharger this is screwed to the case and the solenoid wire wires are attached there.

The second "plate"riveted on

Serviced and warranted by Paxton products 929 Olympic Bivd. Santa Monica Ca.
sole distributors Phone Exbrook 4-2751.Do not break seal,void if seal is broken or 5lbs boost exceeded.

I also found the air filter which is painted gold.The supercharger is painted burgundy red.

Now I only need to start sifting through other stuff.Anybody need a 1932 Pierce Arrow wood spooked wheel?
Wow...A 1932 Pierce Arrow wood spooked wheel...That is a very rare item...Someone may want to hang that on their garage wall..

The super charger sounds like one very cool item...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=Diesel Dave2;3183714]Wow...A 1932 Pierce Arrow wood spooked wheel...That is a very rare item...Someone may want to hang that on their garage wall..

Make me an offer,also comes with a possibly outdated tire which may or may not hold air.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:13 PM

$50
Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM

That wheel would look awesome in my office, I seriously will take it off your hands and give it a good home if you want to get rid of it.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM

[quote=irocpractice;3183721]
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Wow...A 1932 Pierce Arrow wood spooked wheel...That is a very rare item...Someone may want to hang that on their garage wall..

Make me an offer,also comes with a possibly outdated tire which may or may not hold air.
Sure like to see pictures of that old school super charger...

Could also make a very nice office item...
Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
That wheel would look awesome in my office, I seriously will take it off your hands and give it a good home if you want to get rid of it.
That would look cool...I have a very old Mercedes hubcap in my office......

I will get some pics of some old spoke steel rims I picked up a few years back...I think they are off a Model A Ford....
Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Yeah I need to start dressing up my office and taking a little pride in it. Something like that would be neat.