Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Why do they do it? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/why-do-they-do-159300/)

rbrettctd 07-09-2007 10:39 PM

Why do they do it?

Followed a suspected drunk driver home tonight. I drove an extra 15 miles so I could find out where he was headed and give the DPS a heads up. He was swerving lane to lane, goin from 50-75 then slamming on breaks, tried turning at a light about 5 times before it. Scary stuff--Just a warning for anyone stupid enough to do it that people will report ya, and to those safe drivers---WATCH YOURSELF!!! Theres those who dont care out there...Im just hoping that they got this guy, as he was turning onto a busy 4 lane hwy.

LOGAN 07-09-2007 11:20 PM

ive called people in before, they transferred me to like 5 or 6 different people, i just hung up cause no one would take my info.

Joe T 07-09-2007 11:35 PM

Sounds like he was more than DWI maybe edit on something else too. I've been in this situation and seen the swervers.

edwinsmith 07-10-2007 12:08 AM

I like the solution proposed by Gallager. "Give everyone a little gun that shoots 'stupid' stickers. Then when a cop sees a car with 10 or 12 stupid stickers on it he can pull them over and give them a ticket for being an idiot."

92DuallyCTD 07-10-2007 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by edwinsmith (Post 1591248)
I like the solution proposed by Gallager. "Give everyone a little gun that shoots 'stupid' stickers. Then when a cop sees a car with 10 or 12 stupid stickers on it he can pull them over and give them a ticket for being an idiot."

ROFL!! [laugh][laugh] That's classic...I'd just be a little afraid the motoring public would descend into a paintball-esque game of 'tag' with those things. Think of the innocent bystanders brought into ER's with 'stupid' stickers plastered on their forehead!! :o:o On a more serious note, I have been reading your reports from Coffeyville Edwin, best of luck to you and all your neighbors. Perhaps FEMA will get themselves right into action; they sure have had enough practice this year!! :( I also heard on the local Kansas City news that only 3 of (102 total is it?) counties in the entire state of Kansas have NOT been declared Federal Disaster Zones so far this year. THAT is not a record wanted/needed by anyone, huh? BTW, have you gotten to your truck and is it okay? Sorry for the thread hijack...[duhhh]

Clayten 07-10-2007 10:24 AM

Some time ago I was coming home from work(afternoon shift). A guy is coming straight for me in my lane. I came to a complete stop. So I am watching this guy come closer and closer, he is not moving out of my lane. I thought I was going to get hit, so a last fighting attempt I hit the high beams. He pulls into his lane and goes buy me. As he goes by I look at him and he is barely conscious. So I am thinking I am going to turn around and catch this guy and stuff a boot in his skull.
The good guy in me says no race home and call the police. So I do. They catch him and the next day call me and tell me he was just really tired. I seen the guy he was drunk.
Couple weeks later the police phone want me to go to court and tell my story about him. He had been in an accident and he was drunk. I was some what bothered by that,he should have been taken off the road before he ran into someone.

LOGAN 07-10-2007 11:15 AM

a friend of mine that lives in talaqua (sp?) Oklahoma, northeast part, she just got hit in the door by a 17 year old drunk driver with no insurance that just left his parents bar and ran a stop sign. how ya like that one Oklahoma

rbrettctd 07-10-2007 12:04 PM

Well this guy could have been on something else-theres oilfield around here, and having gas wells on the ranch, Ive encountered some of the rig workers...no offense, Im sure theyre not all like this, but Ive seen many who you could tell were on some sort of drug, and the car was a well abused taurus.