Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Where is Everyone Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brakes sticking on the 300? If they are take the expander rings apart, clean them up, and coat the ***** with copper-based high-temp anti-sieze. I did that once a year when I was using the super m to rake hay. Til then, carry a large wrench or a hammer within reach. When they lock up, if backing up doesn't release it, smack the face of the brake drum. That usually will knock it loose.

Don't use regular anti-sieze. It'll gum up and make them stick.

You'll be able to tell if the ramps in the expander ring are worn. If they are you'll need to replace the rings.

Make sure the adjuster bolt is bent downward when you put it back together. If not it'll break when it bends another direction.

I think a 5/8 wrench and a screwdriver will do the whole job.

If the 706 has dual remotes, get a hydraulic top link. That'll let you tilt the forks. A hydraulic top link with a quick hitch adapter is pretty slick, makes hooking up real easy.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:06 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning.

Busy.

Gone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 08-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...
Old 08-18-2015, 09:15 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NE, I should just drive a new truck out to you! THANK YOU for the directions. many many times solid advice helps for those tractor little things that make it fixed. glad I posted, many wizards out there in DTR land....

staying local, have to get rid of the 1-2 hour projects. then on to the rain/ no rain projects in the works.....

someday I am gonna post that I am taking a day off.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
encouraging a cable and roller forklift to work on the 3 point of the 706.
showed some movement before the old time pipe cylinder blew. not nice. put aside for a winter rebuild with normal hydraulics.

replaced ignition and relocated solenoid on a 300 utility; have to do brakes on it next time. tightened up some switches and re routed and fabricated a proper choke cable. that was after MY work needed to get in gear.

didn't quit when dark, quit to mosquito invasion. things I take for granted, love my bats....
Hey Mom, my old tractor that stills works really hard for me is an IH 350 Utility - gas.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A fine "smokey" morning to y'all. Smokies get their name from practical observance. It fits. Been lots of rain, some sun, great temps, lots of green and wild life. And the hummingbirds keep emptying the feeder - - cute.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
someday I am gonna post that I am taking a day off.
Days off are not for people like you and me - - ya get bored. Mine "off" is a month - - in the same place. Never have done that. Great spot, great scenery from our tree top deck, wonderful home, but nothing to do. Have to invent them, like go for ride, go for hike, go out to eat, go to gym, go swim, go for hike, go for ride - - - uhhhh, oh yeh, all ready said those. You get the idea. Wake up and plan my days for when I get home - - wow that list is getting long.

Grabbing my ph00 and into the gym...................

LazyBob
Old 08-18-2015, 08:11 PM

I have mixed feelings about days off.

JWBM, we had a super M, 300, and 400. Basically all the same, except scale. 300 with the quick hitch sure was a handy bugger. And it would pull a lot more than it should have with the drawbar raised clear up.

The 460, 560, a the 6's in the later series used the same idea for the brakes.
The torque amplifier uses the same principal with ***** and ramps. That's why you can't let it free-wheel in low. It'll toss the *****.

We always had I&T manuals, they say paying Jensales for a copy of the factory manual is worth the coin.

Foot feels better tonight. Cleaned combines off today. Had to stop a couple times and give it a break. The swelling's gone down enough that the skin isn't stretched tight.

Still a big purple and yellow rainbow on the LEGG.

Talked to my sister a little Sunday. She's met one guy recently she liked, getting divorced, all that stuff. One of his friends pulled her aside "dude's got a wife and 4 kids at home". Her luck's as bad as mine.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:02 PM
DTR Mom

yeah, I can see the beauty of the 300 utility, will get to operate soon enough, just doing the safety/restoration (one has T/A and all original but doesn't run) put on original seat frame after my projects at home. bad storms around here today. hate waiting for it to rain....

TG, what a perfect set up for your gentleman's farm in the shadow of the rockies.. what trailer do you use? just wonder if one actually 'matches' it.

nice to see fiver bored. heart happy. heheheheh

STUPID CAT JUMPED ON KEYBOARD AND TURNED SCREEN SIDE3WAYS, I AM GONE
Old 08-19-2015, 09:04 AM
DTR Mom

morning, echo echo echo

brunch buffet, cleaned up counter, polished the dragon and put on normal folger's coffee for the straglers.....

learned ALT CTRL arrow restored my screen, phew! what a challenge...

my killer cat has taught me more about a computer than using it.

me gone
Old 08-19-2015, 08:10 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Evening, echo, echo, echo.

Heidi, sounds like your Killer Kat kills more than kritters. Komputors too.......

Been very busy all week, but hopefully for the rest of the week can stay home. Maybe one day I can become bored.

Just spent the last hour or so trying to get a repeater (modem range extender) working in my house. It has worked well for the last year or so, but due to some changes here, need to set reset it. As this is an older unit that only recognizes Windows 7, it stubbornly refuses to recognise my new W 8.1 for the install CD. Will try again tomorrow and see if I can figure out how to make it work manually.

Hope all of you have a great evening. May drop by tomorrow if someone makes a decent pot of coffee.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:52 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Off to the Skin Doc's today. I haven't seen anything to worry about, so hope that's true.

Coffee is on, sticky buns on the counter. For those that like it, chicory is in the small pot.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:09 AM

Do I smell coffee? It is, it is. Grabbing a cup. Ahhhhhh.

Now I can say good morning from Paradise. Actually slept in this morning. That only happens 2 or 3 times a year. I like it.

Off to see what mischief I can get into today.

Ciao.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Yawn, I smell coffee, <BONK> Hey, who left the cupboard door open?

Oh well, I'm awake now. Throwing some eggs and venison sausage in the frying pan. It's the good stuff, will definitely clear your sinuses.

Bought a new (to me) car. 1994 Honda Accord LX 4 door, in pretty decent shape. Bought as-is, of course. Guarantee is "If you drive off the lot, and it breaks in half, you own both halves."

Got exactly 1.2 mile down the road and the speedometer quit. Anybody know the tricks to get it out of the dash. I'm sure it's just a cold solder joint that Honda's are famous for. Meanwhile, the GPS should keep me out of trouble.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I know - - I am gone so no one makes any ph00. So, made a short pot - - about three cups left if someone wants one - - it is Mocha.

Just got back from a stiff hike to a really neat water fall and swimming hole below it - - boy is that water cold - - nothing like home. Sure Purdy though. Lots of deer tracks and bear scat. So bears swim? Oh yeh, they do. HMMM?????

OK refill and into the gym.

Bob
Old 08-20-2015, 02:09 PM
DTR Mom

Heidi is hiding in the house, hating high temps and haunting black high cumulus clouds on the horizon....

have 3/4 done on every project I have. weird. steady all day rain, could do some indoor projects but humidity is through roof. actually got wetter from the inside of my clothes than the rain on the outside.

I believe I will take a shower, then take a nap. not in a giving mood. lol

hanyday to Scotty, Larry, JM, Clint, Ed, Stan, Bob, NEscott, amd all the poster poser people here on DTR.

Quick Reply: Where is Everyone Breakroom