Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Welcome to Fall Breakroom (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/welcome-fall-breakroom-330954/)

sherod 09-23-2018 08:59 AM

Welcome to Fall Breakroom

I haven't checked in for some time. Got the coffee and that other stuff started. Dragon didn't recognize me so had to fight a bit. Bacon and eggs are the breakfast of the day.

cougar 09-23-2018 10:59 AM

Gettin colder, snow line moving down the mountain. Still not moved in. Every black cat in the neighborhood is hanging around my door plus a few others.

Mexstan 09-23-2018 11:12 AM

Hey, looked what flew into the breakroom! Long time no see. Welcome back. Is that your 150 parked outside?

Far from home right now. Drove about 590 miles on Friday and another 685 miles yesterday. It rained for most of the drive yesterday. Today am going to relax and unwind. My truck performed flawlessly. Every time I do a long trip like this am surprised again at how smooth it is. No vibration whatsoever. Attribute most of the smooth ride to the Centramatics.on each wheel. Was skeptical about them when I first installed them, but after using them for many thousands of miles, am now sold. Thursday late afternoon noticed that the inside of the RH front tire was wearing slightly on the inside. No time to take it for an alignment, so took some high tech string and did a check. Lined up the LH front tire with the rear and then checked the right side. Whoa! The right side had a very noticeable toe in. Again using that high tech alignment string, I realigned both front wheels to provide about a 1/16" toe in for both wheels. This offset the steering wheel, but that is easy to fix. Hit the road early on Friday and very quickly noticed a difference. Have a gizmo in my truck that measures the tire pressure and temperature for each tire every 5 minutes and for some time now have been puzzled about a high temperature reading on the RH front tire. Checked everything, but never could find any problems. Never thought about alignment, but now that I have re-aligned the steering, noticed that all the tires run a similar temperature. According to the overhead when cruising at a steady 70 mph (1,900 rpm) I am getting 23.6 - 24.6 mpg. Driving at 80+ mph drops this non aerodynamic brick down to just under 18 mpg.

See y'all later.

FiverBob 09-23-2018 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3353336)
Hey, looked what flew into the breakroom! Long time no see. Welcome back. Is that your 150 parked outside?
According to the overhead when cruising at a steady 70 mph (1,900 rpm) I am getting 23.6 - 24.6 gpm. Driving at 80+ mph drops this non aerodynamic brick down to just under 18 mpg. See y'all later.

Wow - - - starting the week off right. A long lost face in the breakroom today. Another welcome back.

Uhhhh, Stan - - I sure hope you are not getting 24GPM. Jeepers - - 2 gallons are you are all ready on the reserve tank. OUCH.

Hi gang - - - in the middle of cleaning and resealing the tile of the shower in the master bath. Chased the blonde down to the pool bath to get her shower. Poor baby. Better get back at it. Just wanted to grab a ph00 and go back to work. ……………….[coffee]

Mexstan 09-23-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3353346)

Uhhhh, Stan - - I sure hope you are not getting 24GPM. Jeepers - - 2 gallons are you are all ready on the reserve tank. OUCH.

.[coffee]

OK, OK, guess my dyslexia is showing. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Made the correction. Had a big lunch at a Chinese buffet restaurant just across the parking lot from my hotel, so time for a nap to 'work' it off.

Ciao.

FiverBob 09-23-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3353347)
OK, OK, guess my dyslexia is showing. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Made the correction. Had a big lunch at a Chinese buffet restaurant just across the parking lot from my hotel, so time for a nap to 'work' it off. Ciao.

No problem. My mother was dyslexic. That is why she named me BoB………………..:tmi:

NJTman 09-23-2018 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3353336)

Far from home right now. Drove about 590 miles on Friday and another 685 miles yesterday. It rained for most of the drive yesterday. Today am going to relax and unwind. My truck performed flawlessly. Every time I do a long trip like this am surprised again at how smooth it is. No vibration whatsoever. Attribute most of the smooth ride to the Centramatics.on each wheel. Was skeptical about them when I first installed them, but after using them for many thousands of miles, am now sold. Thursday late afternoon noticed that the inside of the RH front tire was wearing slightly on the inside. No time to take it for an alignment, so took some high tech string and did a check. Lined up the LH front tire with the rear and then checked the right side. Whoa! The right side had a very noticeable toe in. Again using that high tech alignment string, I realigned both front wheels to provide about a 1/16" toe in for both wheels. This offset the steering wheel, but that is easy to fix. Hit the road early on Friday and very quickly noticed a difference. Have a gizmo in my truck that measures the tire pressure and temperature for each tire every 5 minutes and for some time now have been puzzled about a high temperature reading on the RH front tire. Checked everything, but never could find any problems. Never thought about alignment, but now that I have re-aligned the steering, noticed that all the tires run a similar temperature. According to the overhead when cruising at a steady 70 mph (1,900 rpm) I am getting 23.6 - 24.6 mpg. Driving at 80+ mph drops this non aerodynamic brick down to just under 18 mpg.

See y'all later.

Nice save/ ffind.

Back in the states. Got your disguise on? Those warrants on you will never expire, you know.

Better lie low while tooling around.

NJTman 09-23-2018 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3353335)
Gettin colder, snow line moving down the mountain. Still not moved in. Every black cat in the neighborhood is hanging around my door plus a few others.

Meow!

Complaining about too much putty cats is never a good sign...

They know a softy when they see one.

NJTman 09-23-2018 03:35 PM

Finally, after. A month of rain or 95* plus weather, I was able to sand part of the house again? 6 hours worth, and what ya know? Started to rain, and hasn't stopped since.

My estimate to refinish my house in 3 months was way off course.

oliver foster 09-24-2018 10:35 AM

I opened a window and let some nice fall air in.
Threw on a pot of coffee on and left some fresh apple fritters on the counter. My daughter went to the local apple orchard yesterday and picked a bunch.

FiverBob 09-24-2018 11:01 AM

Morning all. Still a hot and humid day down here in Fla. Glad when those cooler breezes start and those storms go bye bye. Went out into the apple orchard trying to pick some of those fritters. Could only find apples. LOL You are a bad boy, Oliver - - bringing in those naughty hi fat thingies and tempt me. You know I can't resist one - - - - uuummmmmm, - - - - made some ph00 perchance someone wants some besides me. Worked in the yard at day break for a while, then in and finish the prep work on the master bedroom shower tile so I can seal it tomorrow. OOwwwww, my back hurts. Makes me remember why I did not become a tile installer.
Sorry about your delays, NJ. Big job - - - don't need a bunch of problems slowing it down.

Me gone...………………..[coffee]

FiverBob 09-25-2018 07:41 AM

Sun is up and bright (after a night of thunder/lightning) and coffee and ph00 for y00 on the counter along with fresh baked blueberry muffins along with N. Carolina blueberry jam.
Come and get it. Oh, I fed the dragon and rendered some GLT - - he/she loved it and went to sleep - - again.

Busy day so headed out...……………………………...[coffee]

Scotty 09-25-2018 10:19 AM

High

buy

FiverBob 09-26-2018 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3353389)
High

buy

Uhh Scotty - - -you got that wrong, Buddy. You "buy low" and "sell high." ………... :badidea:

Morning all - - pots are both still full, so making a short pot of fresh coffee and ph00 today. No sense wasting our goodies. I did bring some sprinkles - - maybe Lary will be up to
coming by today. Have a great day.

Bob

Scotty 09-26-2018 08:26 AM

My Elder Twin Lary the Legger is fenced in by some girl named Bambi.
He thinks its the other way around. 😀