Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The week we all forgot breakroom 9/3-9/9

Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The week we all forgot breakroom 9/3-9/9

Wow that week went by so fast no one made a new room on Sunday.

The good news is Ollie came in and let the dragon out Monday so most of the place is still here...it just smells funny

Fresh Coffee is on and some fancy phoo for Roberto the Magnifico...(he likes the European flair, probably why he is wearing the beret and cape)

Have a safe week!
Old 09-05-2017, 06:42 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning. I dropped by on Sunday and early yesterday, but it was obvious that nobody had visited, so did not waste my time making coffee or ph00. Will take a chance and make some now. Could not find the broom, so used the dragons pooper scooper to clean the dust and other garbage off the counter.
Rinsed the hardened dregs out of the coffee pot, made new Columbian coffee and fresh ph00. No munchies except Doritos.

Have not seen the capped Roberto el Magnífico yet, but am waiting to see him in his new clothes.

Got really furious yesterday. Took my truck in for a emissions test and the techi nearly ruined the clutch. Don't think that he knew how to drive a standard. I left it in gear and it appears that all he did was push the clutch in a do the test at the usual 2,000 rpm - but with the clutch half out. Next thing I knew there was smoke rolling out from under the truck. I yelled, ran and made him shut the truck down. What a stink! A stink in two ways due to the burning clutch and the stink my wife and I made with management and the techi. There is still a strong burning clutch smell near the truck. Just hope that there is no real damage.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Wow that week went by so fast no one made a new room on Sunday.

The good news is Ollie came in and let the dragon out Monday so most of the place is still here...it just smells funny

Fresh Coffee is on and some fancy phoo for Roberto the Magnifico...(he likes the European flair, probably why he is wearing the beret and cape)

Have a safe week!
Uhhhh, hello -- - anyone around. Oh yeh, see Stan the Man was here. Lary, ya did a nice job fixin' the place up a bit and the ph00 is great. Now, who is this Roberto the Magnifico? and a beret and cape???? Have to poke around and find him. Has to be a great guy if he likes ph00. ...................

Wow, what a week so far. Been trying to get everything ready to get out of here for a while and a dumb hurricane (a big one) decides to rear its ugly head maybe very near my humble abode. So, been out all day today putting up storm shutters, moving all the lanai furniture inside, have to pull some pavers up for the first time to get the shutters installed at the 3 sets of glass doors into the patio. Got everything done except the patio. Tomorrow morning bright and early, they get their shutter job. Boy, I am not ready to leave - - maybe I won't.

Y'all be good. Stay away from the storm.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:58 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Evening gents... seems like the season for hurricanes!! Will send up prayers for those in the Houston area and those on Atlantic coast as well...

Been a long week ... last week and yesterday day appropriately named "labor day "!!!

Stitches are supposed to come out Friday or Saturday this week...seems to be healing well but ya just don't know how much you count on your good hand until it ain't good. Gas burner went out on hot water heater Friday last week so we've been heating water on stove for baths and dishes ... there are 6 kids and wife and I ... LOTTA water ... ice cold water from the well for showers (myself and 2 oldest boys, 15 and 11) funny at first being a MAN about roughing it for a bit with no hot water but I'm over it .. parts supposed to be in tomorrow and plumber supposed to install new gas valve, new thermostat, new burner, new pilot light, new thermocouple. It's an older mobile home water tank so it all had to be replaced and I do not mess with nat. gas lines.

Anyways, thanking the Lord for safety today ... had a 30 ton cylinder let loose at work today... welds broke on 3/4" plate that attached to a 6 ft strong back for straightening BIG stuff ... I just had moved to check the pressure gauge on cylinder and BOOM!!! The welds broke (not mine but another guys ... mig welds) strong back flies straight up and grazed my welding helmet knocking it off my head... Thank you dear Lord for your blessings of life and safety!!! Finished the job ... fixed the broken welds cleaned up and probably won't tell the wife she almost became a widow today.

Fellas be sure you make every day count for those that matter most ...

SD
The following users liked this post:
04ctd (09-09-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 10:46 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Very high winds last night continuing into today. A lot of rain yesterday and last night. Not a good combination. A lot of trees down on the windward side of our lot, nothing near the house luckily. Power was out for a while. All the local weather stations went off line around 3AM when the biggest gust hit.
Beautiful and HUGE mama moose and youngster hanging out in the yard yesterday stripping leaves off the cotton woods. Nice to see them in such good health. Mama was standing next to the 01 and made it look small, baby was standing next to the Subaru and made it look small too.
Got soggy rabbits, all accounted for.
The wind has Roxie spooked. If she isn't hiding in the closet she is slinking around the edges of the rooms.
Drafty in here, never did get around to sealing the outside.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:49 AM

Hey my Florida friends, please don't take any chances.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:00 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Just got back from Montana late Friday. The whole durned state is on fire. Don't know what is worse, wet down South, or fires in the Northwest.

Old faithful first gen rig, (truck, trailer, and driver) just made a 3600 mile trip visiting the kids out West. Got a good look at the eclipse while I was at it. Only problems were a gas regulator went out on the trailer, and the mountain I camped on in Colorado was so rough it shook all the fuses out of my trailer feed on the truck.

Wandered into Wyoming on Sunday. Found a good high clear perch to dry camp on about a mile from the center of the eclipse, then to avoid the traffic got lost in the Wyoming wilderness for 2 hours. Great fun.

Went on to Libby, Great Falls, and Helena Montana from there.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:56 AM

I have a retired friend in the Sealey Lake fire area. I can't get a hold of him. Hope he's all right.
Cooled back off. Surveyed the wind damage yesterday. Pulled some sheet metal and my antenna loose from the mobile, nothing serious. Neighbors house was hit by a tree, nothing serious either.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm having surgery AGAIN tomorrow to clean out the infection in my rt shoulder and arm. The surgeon is confident he can save my arm.
He doubts there will be enough left after the debridement to be able to do the Achilles allograft repair later and it cannot be done until I'm free of infection.
Won't know outcome or prognosis til post op a few days.

I will be hospitalized for 3-5 days.
Different surgeon, investigation and all the legal stuff underway.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

Good Luck on the surgery Twinner.....keep me up to date and tell the lovely Megs to call me if she needs anything
Old 09-08-2017, 06:39 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from you know where. It starts with a P. We have had three nights of rain, but it seems to have blown past and last night there were a few clouds, and a huge, bright moon. Lovely days in spite of the rain.

Where is everybody this week? Not going to make phoo or coffee as it appears that it will go to waste. Bob is probably hunkered down somewhere and expect him to reappear in a few days.

Hope everybody stays safe during these slightly wet and breezy days. G'mon you guys from the Houston area and a bit south, check in and let us know how you are doing and what Harvey did to you. Now also need to hear from the folks in Irma's path.

Scotty, good luck with the surgery. Will add you to my prayers. Please let us know how things are progressing.

Had a huge earthquake hit Mexico a few hours ago but we did not feel it. I am fortunate to live between known earthquake zones. Waiting for reports from family in the Mexico City area. My DIL is heading to Chiapas tomorrow, so she is a bit worried.

Off to enjoy a coffee and get my day going.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:00 AM

Best of luck to you Scotty, hope it all comes out good.
First freeze, 30° this AM. Supposed to be mostly sunny and might hit 60°.
Took Roxie out for her daily walk and she caught a mouse. She made a bee line back to the house with it and turned it loose inside. Didn't get much sleep with her chasing it around all night. Cats! Gotta love them, but some times!!!!
Old 09-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Fresh coffee and Phoo along with some water wings for Bob....sure hope he grabbed his loved ones and took off for higher ground!

Prayers for all our folks in the path
Old 09-09-2017, 10:24 AM

Sad news. A house fire at the end of my block claimed the lives of 5 young girls. The oldest 12, the youngest 5. The father had just left for work and the mother was dropping a neighbor off. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
A little warmer as the next storm moves in.
My prayers to those in the path of the storms.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Wow Cougar.....awful stuff there....so sad