Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breezy Break Room Sept 10 - 16

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:18 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Breezy Break Room Sept 10 - 16

Good morning from way down south. Not going to taunt anybody today about our nice weather due to what is happening in Florida and other parts of the USA and the world. You have my prayers and wish that I could do more to help.

Coffee and ph00 is on, together with an assortment of munchies and cereals for those that are in a hurry. Try the goat milk on your cereal and in your coffee.

Where was everybody last week? The breakroom did not even go to a second page!

Hope you Floridians can check in over the next few days and let us know how things are going - or not going - with you. Sure looks like it is going to be rough there, especially for the west coast of Florida.

All you new members and lurkers, join in and have some fun here.

L8tr.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 2,377 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Thanks for setting the place up Stan.

The leaves are starting to turn up here and the Mts are looking extra pretty. I think I will take the family out for a Sunday drive in the North East Kingdom this afternoon in the '89 Ramcharger.

Hoping for a decent out come for the DTR'ers that are getting hit by the storm in Fla.

I am grabbig a black tea with a dash of maple syrup and a shot of the goat milk...and I am off to the shop to organize the mess left over from the week.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
44° and rain. Snow on the hill tops. Fall is well into turning gold. Roxie got another mouse and almost a second one, we seem to have a bumper crop this year. Wife gave the rabbits some carrots, so now they sit outside the kitchen window begging.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:04 PM

My daughter and I got out in the RC for a drive in the country side. We visited my friend who lost his father Fri. night. My buddy and I had a cold beer and caught up for a bit. We then took the long way home.
I then messed with a little firewood as the sun went down..
I figured I would swing by here and have another beer with the dragon...
Old 09-10-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Got some good news from my daughter in Montana. She lives in Libby which was being threatened by the West Fork fire. Friday, the winds laid down and shifted so the one hot shot crew on the fire (should be 6 crews) ran a 3000 acre back burn. It held over the weekend. The fire, however, is still 0% contained.

In Minnesota the sunset was spectacular red due to the smoke in the air.

Good news on the de-fanging of Irma. Hope it continues to decay. I guess we'll start getting results news tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:24 AM

Wow, nobody shows up for 2 days. Storm is gone, time to clean up and rebuild.
Cawfee and Ph00 are on. Eggs and venison sausage on the stove.

Waiting for our Florida friends to crawl out from under the rubble and submit a survival and damage report.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:10 AM

That for the Venison J_martin!
Gorgeous fall day here in VT. The fall colors are really starting to pop after that hard frost last week.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:16 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Whoa, what is that delicious smell? Followed my nose and discovered a wonderful meal on the stove. Eggs and venison sausage sure filled the hole! John, yuh dun gud. Do it again soon please.

Even if our Florida friends could dig out from under the rubble they may be incommunicado for a while until they get power.

Presently fighting my truck. A while ago the airbag light came on while driving and am trying to figure out where the problem is. Installed a new clockspring, but no change. Then did a DRB3 scan and that tells me that data communication (Code P2509) has been lost. Removed the plug from the control module and reconnected it a few times just in case of a bad connector. Have the Dodge electrical schematics so managed to trace the grounds and clean them up, but so far no change. Do not want to take my truck to the dealer for this as I am sure that it will get very expensive fast. Will keep plugging away and hope to stumble on the problem soon.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Gettin colder, 34°. Had my 1st rehab session, more of a Q&A than any rehab. Took measurement to establish a base line. Not quite sure what their grip meter reads in, but my left hand was 125 and my right 41. Pinch was the same way. I've lost a lot of strength in my right hand.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Still in the hospital
dosing antibiotics at 2 grams every 8 hrs
drain is removed now. Only 26 staples
hope to know more on whats ahead sometime today.
i do know that the bone was saved and there will not be any reconstruction because of how things looked.
my body actually grew the lower pec major part of the muscle into the upper part and the clavicular tendon is now solidly intact.

one swollen angry man boob.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Whoa, what is that delicious smell? Followed my nose and discovered a wonderful meal on the stove. Eggs and venison sausage sure filled the hole! John, yuh dun gud. Do it again soon please.

Even if our Florida friends could dig out from under the rubble they may be incommunicado for a while until they get power.

Presently fighting my truck. A while ago the airbag light came on while driving and am trying to figure out where the problem is. Installed a new clockspring, but no change. Then did a DRB3 scan and that tells me that data communication (Code P2509) has been lost. Removed the plug from the control module and reconnected it a few times just in case of a bad connector. Have the Dodge electrical schematics so managed to trace the grounds and clean them up, but so far no change. Do not want to take my truck to the dealer for this as I am sure that it will get very expensive fast. Will keep plugging away and hope to stumble on the problem soon.
Isn't it amazing how the mixture of venison cooking and electrical smoke can be so attractive?

The P2509 says the PCM doesn't like the condition of it's keep alive power. Losing that power completely loses the code memory in the PCM. If your alternator is behaving, and you aren't hogging your battery to near dead with some add on goodie, the problem is likely poor grounds or other connections, often at the PCM.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Scotty, just looking at that picture gave me goosebumps and maybe even spoiled my lunch! Man, that looks horrible!!!! Hope that you are out of the hospital soon and mend fast. No more doing what you used to do to cause this. OK?

John, I never thought about my problem being the alternator. Now you have got me thinking. For some time now I have suspected a bad diode on the alternator due to a mysterious whine that appears to come from the alternator area. Have posted about this in the past, but the whine mostly went away after cleaning the contacts on the connecting wire between the batteries, but can still occasionally hear it first thing in the morning. Will post some questions about this in another thread. Do not have anything to hog a lot of power except a couple of compressors that run together. Forget how many amps they pull. When they do run it is only for about a minute at a time.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Scotty, glad you are on the mend...I learned it is not a good idea to wise crack too much with your Surgeon....some don't take it well

Old 09-13-2017, 06:59 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Scotty, what the heck!?! You're an accident magnet!

Howdy.

I hope Bob is ok. Sarasota isn't the place to be right now. :/
Old 09-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Scotty, what the heck!?! You're an accident magnet!

Howdy.

I hope Bob is ok. Sarasota isn't the place to be right now. :/
Mark, same 33 month old saga thanks to incompetence and infection.
i feel within that the physical side is resolved.
I've delagated the rest of the details to the proper professional channels.

How are ya?
I think Bobby left town on a planned vacation and he prepped his place before he left.
Party at BobbyDependable's, he won't be able to tell if it was Hurricane Lary or Hurricane Irma that stopped by.

Quick Reply: Breezy Break Room Sept 10 - 16