Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Week of newness like last week but its this weeks week.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 08:37 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Starting to think you may well be the Triplet brother that Scotty and I never knew we had
You gotta be kiddin. A third one like you two???? HORRORS. Lock the gates. Put the cat in the bedroom. Roll down the shutters. Secure the dragon. No way we could ever handle a third one like Lary/Scoooty. Call out the troops. ....................................................Hey, we may be crazy but we have some fun anyhow.

Ol Dodge man -- - that is not purdy at all. OUCH. I think we have all done it. I missed by about 1/4" from cutting my fourth finger off when I was 4 years old. I learned in a hurry what sharp things can do to you. You didn't rush to a doctor back then for a little thing like a cut off finger. I have always had to fight the weakness in that finger, especially when playing the piano. Just does not respond like the other three. Bummer.

Had bad news today. My friend and his wife were up in Wisconsin for two weeks. She became sick in the middle of the night, bad, so took her to hospital. Ran tests and rushed her into surgery and opened her belly. She had a huge ulcer she did not know about and it blew apart. It pasted her innards with all kinds of nasty stuff. They did what they could for her while in there, but she was dead by the afternoon. She was quite a healthy lady - - amazing - - so quick. They are shipping her down her tomorrow and funeral is Saturday morning at 11am. Wow, life can be short. Make sure you cover your tracks and have your plans well made. Don't let things go unsaid -- - stuff like "I love you" and apologies when needed. I learned the hard way it is too late when you are in the rescue squad and flat line. Changes the way you look at a lot of things.

Heading in to spend some time with the blonde. We are both quite shocked by this event. They are good friends of ours. Good night.

Bob
Old 09-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Good Night Bobby
sorry to read of this loss. We never know but like you said, be prepared and make amends when needed.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:26 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Coffee and ph00 is ready. Not much was drank/drunk yesterday, so just reheated everything.

Bob, sorry to hear about your loss. We never know when it is our time to die, so always need to be ready. Your friends death is a perfect example of that. Where will you (your soul) be 2 seconds after you die?

Triplets here????!!!! I am with Bob and his comments.

Ol-dodge. Nuh, that does not look that bad. For a small cut like that just pour some acetone or lacquer thinners on it to get rid of the germs and then use a couple of big band-aids.

Unfortunately, have to also say that I have done stuff like that to myself all too many times. Maybe I am a slow learner or love pain.

Got lots of running around to do today. Also going to look at heavy duty gas trimmers such as the Stihl FS 250. Anybody used this? Have lots of weeds and small bushes to cut down. Have used my truck to remove hundreds of Pinguica trees that grow like weeds around here. Need to pull them out by the roots and not cut them down to slow down the spread.

Coffee time.

Ciao.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 AM

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Ouch Ol-92!

I better borrow my friend's wood splitter and do as much of the last 8+ cords of wood this weekend that I'll need to keep the house and shop warm.
We are looking at the first frost here tonight. At least the 2 months of summer was nice...Time to get ready for the leaf peepers and what they like to call the fall "foilage".
Old 09-01-2017, 10:36 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Got a question for the 'spurts here.

If any arc welding is done on my truck or any vehicle, is it necessary to first disconnect the batteries? This used to be standard practice "in the old days".
Old 09-01-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Condolences to the family of you friend Bob, you just never know.

I was specifically told there would never be another me. Guess I was wrong.

I cut off a finger once. My mom looked at my brother and asked "what did you do to make him mad?"

Rivers still running high, took another house. Houses along the river are selling cheap now a days.

Doc looked at my wrist yesterday before taping it back up. Looks good so far. Next week the stitches come out.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang -- - better not get close to me. Just checked with the daughter of my neighbor as to how he is doing - - had a small heart attack on Monday - could not operate. Was going to see him this afternoon. He is dead. Last night. Bummer. Better quit getting close to people He was a neat guy. Loved to compare notes. His wife died just about 1 year ago. 94 years old, but quite spry. Will miss him.

Grabbing a ph00 and get out of here. L8R............................
Old 09-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Got a question for the 'spurts here.

If any arc welding is done on my truck or any vehicle, is it necessary to first disconnect the batteries? This used to be standard practice "in the old days".
I sure would....no sense in taking any chances and I would make sure my ground wire from the welder was attached well and close to the work as possible. May very well be overkill but why risk it?
Old 09-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Dang Bob....rough week for you ..

My deepest condolences on your losses and prayers sent from WV
Old 09-01-2017, 09:23 PM

Hey Bob, that is rough! You must feel really bad. This has nothing to do with you, so absolutely no reason for you to warn folks away from you. There is nothing that can rub off you to damage anybody that comes close. That is life and unfortunately for you, 'life' just happened to hit you with a double whammy.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Hey Bob, I know the feeling. Not long ago I started having friends drop right and left ending with my father a couple years ago. I'm expecting it to happen again soon. I have friends and relations scattered across a broad age range. I'm expecting to loose a sister or two in the near future, they are in their mid eighties.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Coffee is fresh and there are some warm brownies on the counter ... dragon is calling in pizza order for tonight's game ... and he has big red shirt with an A on it (smart dragon) ...

I'm busy until game time ... bringing new kitchen table in from the shop ... the finish is finally set and done ( might post a pic) also preparing sermons for tomorrow... picking apples this afternoon and getting ready to take my four oldest kids fishing on Monday morning!!!

Talked to my dad in WV yesterday... he turns 71 in December... said he was visiting my great aunt on Tuesday this week and she's ready to go home to the Lord. She will be 100 in November, she had fallen at her house ( still living by herself... stubborn!) and eventually crawled to the telephone and called her son (not the ambulance... stubborn!) ... anyways her son and a few other family members said it was time for her to go to a nursing home and I'll bet yiu can only guess how that went over with her! She didn't speak to anyone for about a week when they finally made her give up her drivers license... at 92!!

Anyway... her mind is sharp and she told dad she's just tired and wants to go ...

Have a great day fellas and thank the Lord if your on the sunny side of the ground .
Old 09-02-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Brownies all gone ... dragon not in sight ... coffee untouched???? Hmmm...

Beautiful day here ... maybe everyone else is outside as well.

Brought in the table I built for the wife ... sooo much nicer to have room to eat and not crowded around the little old table with end leaves that sag down!!!

Was out in my study/storage shed and spent sometime pondering a picture I have on the wall of my mother... beautiful lady ... gym teacher for 28 yrs at the same school in WV... anyway she passed away 15 yrs ago come November this fall... as I sat at my desk I was remembering her and all the while struggling to get the sermon for tomorrow... if you have a pastor that preaches the Word faithfully every week and you are spiritually feed by it then be sure to tell him!! It is some of the hardest work I've ever done trying to know the message from the Lord for the congregation...

Anyway , sitting there looking at this picture of my mom God gave me the message for tomorrow... the uncertainty of our days, the necessity of our time, and the power of our influence... the Scripture is 2 Kings 5:1-4

Not trying to be preachy ... not trying to evangelize... not trying to push a certain platform... just what I've been thinking about
Old 09-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,572 Posts
The dragon was lonely, so I hung with him and had a black tea.
I left some banana bread in the fridge, in case somebody stops in today.

I am a little tired after today being the third day in a row of running the wood splitter and stacking wood. I have gotten a few cords done with a little help for the girlfriend and my daughter.

We had the rains left over from Harvey roll through VT yesterday, but today is a sunny warm day.