Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Week of newness like last week but its this weeks week.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 07:17 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Biscuits and gravy Phoo 4 ewe no hoo.
Dragon helped cook. His breath is rank but it cooks nice braised eggs 🍳
Old 08-30-2017, 07:22 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Scooooty - - breakfast looks good and, for some reason, eggs taste purdy good. And ph00 - - - - yah00!!! Ya did good.

Another gorgeous day down here. Maybe dry some of this garbage up. Enough already. Love the rain, but not all at once.

Lots to do - - gotta run - - have a great one.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:34 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Boys and Girls!

Got the wife's SUV on jack stands in the garage replacing all the fluids and filters today. I may even replace the brake fluid....depends really on how motivated I feel later in the day

Walmart has Ambition on sale this week, think I will pick up a extra 20 lbs or so
Old 08-30-2017, 07:49 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Walmart has Ambition on sale this week, think I will pick up a extra 20 lbs or so

Pick up a few cans of Elbow Grease while you are there.

Good morning y'all. Had a bit of rain last night and so far it is an overcast day, so may see a bit more rain later today. We need it.

Scotty and dragon, yuh dun gud!

Got lots to do as usual and with this grey day and am badly in need of some of Walmart's Ambition. Let's see if a cup of coffee will kick start me ..........
Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Just read something that may help some of the complaining old farts here to feel sort of young again. Thanks to WHO I see that I now have a long way to go before I am considered to be elderly or old.

World Health Organization (WHO) had declared that 65 years old is still considered young. Before, based on the Friendly Societies Act (1875) in Britain, old was defined by age of 50. The UN has not adopted a standard criterion but lately 60 years old was referred as the border age to the word “old”. However the health organization had done a new research recently, according to average health quality and life expectancy, and defined a new criterion that divides human age as follows:

• 0-17 years old: underage
• 18-65 years old: youth/young people
• 66-79 years old: middle-aged
• 80-99 years old: elderly/senior
• 100+ years old: long-lived elderly
Old 08-30-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Can I be "grandfathered" into the old system? I'd hate to loose my senior discount.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Can I be "grandfathered" into the old system? I'd hate to loose my senior discount.
Don't rush it, big boy. It will happen all by itself. You do better by working the opposite. Ask Stan - - he can tell you. ...................

No rain today, but extremely warm and humid from all the water on the ground.

Grab another cup to finish off the day and go watch TV with the blonde. Maybe lay down in her lap and nap - - - she loves to mess with my hair and I, of course, hate it. .......NOT..............
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning DTROnians,

Fresh Coffee and a pot of Phoo for Roberto the Magnificent!

Stan, they were all out of elbow grease but they had a fresh shipment of toe jam....I bought a bucket so Scotty can soak his tired feet

Y'all be safe out there!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Fresh Coffee and a pot of Phoo for Roberto the Magnificent!

Stan, they were all out of elbow grease but they had a fresh shipment of toe jam....I bought a bucket so Scotty can soak his tired feet
Oh my goodness - - - now that is a new description - - The Magnificent. Have to show that to the blonde to make sure she appreciates me fully. On second thought, maybe I better not......................................I do think I will sneak a bit of that toe jamb - - really need it.

Grabbing my "magnificent" ph00 and hit the road. Have a gudurn................
Old 08-31-2017, 07:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings
Feet were soaking in what I thought was the toe tow jam. Turned out to be the Phoo Pot. Took the polish off my nails, melted the callouses too.

so hot in here I created a jar of pit juice. Its in the fridge now.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:54 AM

Toe jam??!!!! Hmmm, don't think that I have ever seen this in any stores. Was it made in China?

Brought a bunch of fresh nopales for all of you to munch on. The salt shaker is next to the dish. Throw some salt on a leaf and munch away for an extra healthy start to the day. Most of you have probably never tried to eat nopales, so try one. I start every day with one. Delicious, crunchy and extremely healthy. Check out their health benefits on the 'net. Gave one to the dragon and he/she/it went nuts and wanted more. Maybe he/she/it has some Mexican blood?

There was a light rain for most of the night and is still drizzling. It's very unusual for rain to last so long in this area, but will take it as the ground is quite dry. I do see some signs of the clouds breaking up, so maybe it will clear up soon. Hope so as I need to do some work outside this afternoon.

This is the last day of the month. Christmas is just around the corner. Where did the year go to?

See yuh.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
- - - she loves to mess with my hair and I, of course, hate it. .......NOT..............
You have hair?? I pulled mine out a long time ago.
Lost a battle with a toilet plunger last night. Need to get new bandages and splint for my wrist.
More rain in the forecast. The mercury is setting lower in the thermometer.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Well looks like I'll be keeping the coffee pot going and the dragon company for a couple of days ... at 11:05 this morning MST ... I slipped with a wood chisel and spent the next 3 hrs at the hospital... she was razor sharp and went straight to the bone... 8 stitches!

Freezing starting to wear off and starting to throbb a little Week of newness like last week but its this weeks week.-photo4294967239.jpg

Be careful fellas... ALWAYS ask yourself "If I slip what will happen? ... If this falls where will it land? Etc...

I did stop by Tim Horton and grab a box of assorted doughnuts... fresh coffee ...
Old 08-31-2017, 07:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Gee wiz Ol Dodge.....seems like a lot of painful effort for a box of donuts and some coffee but can't say I haven't done something as stupid myself. The good news is it is those type of lessons we never forget lol.

Go in my office and check the lower right drawer in my desk...I have a bottle of something that should sweeten the coffee a touch and help a little with the pain
Old 08-31-2017, 07:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cougar
Lost a battle with a toilet plunger last night. Need to get new bandages and splint for my wrist.
Starting to think you may well be the Triplet brother that Scotty and I never knew we had

Quick Reply: Week of newness like last week but its this weeks week.