Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Week of newness like last week but its this weeks week. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/week-newness-like-last-week-but-its-weeks-week-328769/)

Scotty 08-27-2017 09:10 AM

Week of newness like last week but its this weeks week.

[laugh][coffee][duhhh]

Mexstan 08-27-2017 09:30 AM

Say what????? Scotty, judging from this weeks title and some from the past, your meds may be too strong for you. Sumptin' ain't right up there eh! [laugh]

Anybody heard from any of the DTR members in Texas? Shorts, how are you coping?

Bob, good to hear that you are getting better. May you soon be back to normal. Don't hang around with that Scotty fella too much or you will NEVER become normal. His twin is just about as bad. Or worse, depending on how you look at things. [coffee]

Going to stay quiet today.

FiverBob 08-27-2017 09:39 AM

[verymad]................[roll]..........................[verymad].................[director]

OK - - he did it again. That craze Canuck Scoootttyyy cannot figure out what week it is and now nither kin eye. You are a mess boy.................[nonono]................yeh, I know - - a good mess. That is why we keep you around - - - to amuse us.

Let's see what you did around here - - - there is some coffee but don't see the ph00 and pot is empty. Soooo, fresh ph00 br0000ing.

Boy, Texas is getting hammered. So, I won't complain about how we are too. It is too dangerous to try and drive down the long drive at the ranch - - underwater with ditches on both sides. Cows broke the gate lock at the house/barn/shop area and a large hog broke the lock on his pen and joined them. They have torn up daughter's garden, plantings around the house, dug the grass all up, poop all over the place. This is just what she needed with all the rest going on in her life. And it is still raining. One neighbor said the road is washed out right around the first curve, so looks like Monday deliveries will need postponing. The pond is now a lake from the road (1800' away) up to the tree in her front yard. Gators are swimming and playing games all over the pasture and down the drive. The cows and hog are chasing them - - - until one turns and threatens, then they run. Lot's more rain on the radar heading in from the gulf - - Thank goodness I have auto level on my pool - - it is still right at the top. Pretty wild weather.

Feeling some better today- - finally. Been miserable.

Later gang - - have a dry one - - hopefully.

..............[coffee].....................................[laugh]

SoakedBob

ps: Stan, I didn't see you while cleaning up and making ph00 - - - where were y0000?

Mexstan 08-27-2017 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3333706)
[verymad]................[roll]..........................[verymad].................[director]
ps: Stan, I didn't see you while cleaning up and making ph00 - - - where were y0000?

I was running and trying to hide from that crazy Canuck!

cougar 08-27-2017 11:07 AM

A couple nice days for a change then back to rain. Avoiding town, the circus is on. Kinda board, nothing much to do. Walk the cat later. First, another cup of coffee.

Ol-dodge 1992 08-27-2017 04:44 PM

Fresh Tim Horton coffee brewing for yiu fellars... not sure if I should go back to last week and see if I'm going make it through next week ... er, um, whatever is it I'm supposed to do.... judging from the title does anyone have a clue?

Off to our annual "end of summer " church picnic... I'll put the left overs in fridge for snacks tomorrow... be sure to keep dragon out of em

Scotty 08-27-2017 05:09 PM

Stanimal, no meds here just me.

I know a few folks in Texas. It's a very dangerous situation.

FiverBob 08-27-2017 05:50 PM

Just watching our local news. Hwy 41 is closed in Sarasota - - flooded. Several apartment complexes with water in ground floor units. AND, another 6" slated for tomorrow. You would think WE are the ones in a hurricane event. It is some of the low from Harvey, but, like the hurricane, it will not move - - mostly sit around, blow, suck in moisture from the warm gulf and produce rain and lightning. Lousy for the ranch - - drenched out there. Thank goodness the buildings all sit high and high from the nearby river. Tuesday is back it down day - - hopefully.

Grab a cup on the way thru - -Timmy - - might take it in spite of the caffeine.

Lary Ellis (Top) 08-27-2017 08:18 PM

Hot blackberry cobbler right out of the oven, home made vanilla ice cream to slather on top.....help yourself!

Ol-dodge 1992 08-27-2017 11:30 PM

I'm stuffed from our "end of summer" church picnic BUT hot cobbler and ice cream!!!

Burp... I've got plenty o room!!

Top did ya make it in a black iron skillet ?? ... with butter floating on top ??? ... just the way mom used to... uuummm southern WV boys know how to cook up the good AND eat up the good

Got left overs from the picnic in the fridge for snacking tomorrow... some awesome moose pepperoni and moose sausages... cheese platter with my wife's homemade zesty pickles... some hotdogs but no buns ... gotta watch those carbs! Specially when there's cobbler
:thumbsup:

FiverBob 08-28-2017 07:14 AM

GASP - - - GLUG -- - - STICKING HEAD OUT OF WATER - - OH GOODY, THERE IS A WORLD YET OUT THERE!!!!

Wow, think our anticipated additional 6" of rain fell in about 2 hours in the wee hours of this morning. Boy, did it come down - - and blow - - and more rain - - and blow. Kept me away for several hours. Had to come out and make sure we didn't have a gator party in the pool. Very nasty out there. Calm right now. Our subdivision is well drained but I hear our three small lakes are chuck full. Roads here are clear but 41 is still closed up in Sarasota. Don't ever remember that happening and been here since '72.

Made some coffee and ph00 and left some fruit juices in the box. Ol'Dodge is bringing goodies, so come on in and snack a bit and share your day. Me gone.

..................[coffee]

Scotty 08-28-2017 12:27 PM

That Harvey is one bad mofo of a system!

I received a heads up that I may be called to assist with transporting campers and other stuff (water, food, medical) to the area but its too early to confirm.

Stay safe folks. The afrermath is what concerns me.

Ol-dodge 1992 08-29-2017 07:33 AM

Morning gents... coffee is brewing as I type ... daughter made chocolate zucchini bread last night so I swiped a loaf and set it on the counter ... dragon is watching the news and does not like what he's seeing down in TX!

We will most likely be effected up here with increased fuel prices but that is minimal compared to what the media is showing... our prayers go out to the Almighty God of Heaven and Earth ... though we can never fully understand the "why" behind what He allows we can trust Him that it will work together for good... Romans 8:28
(Not sure if Scripture is allowed or not)

Have a good day DTR

Mexstan 08-29-2017 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ol-dodge 1992 (Post 3333830)
... daughter made chocolate zucchini bread last night so I swiped a loaf and set it on the counter ...

Thou shalt not steal Ex 20:15. Shame on you! However, if this is for the good of all of us, then maybe you can be forgiven. [laugh] [coffee] Hmmm hmm. Delicious. Must be true that stolen fruit (or bread) tastes the best.

Good morning from Paradise where today dawned overcast with a slight quite cool breeze. It's nice to have a few grey days like this occasionally to give us a break from the continuous blue skies and almost perfect weather that we have to endure day after day.

Boy oh boy, Texas is sure getting slammed! Looks like still yet another day of even more rain. Many small businesses are going to get wiped out. Seems like one insurance company has already gone bankrupt due to Harvey. What happens when an insurance company goes bankrupt? Does the government step in and cover the losses of the individuals and companies?

L8tr.

FiverBob 08-29-2017 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ol-dodge 1992 (Post 3333830)
Morning gents... coffee is brewing as I type ... daughter made chocolate zucchini bread last night so I swiped a loaf and set it on the counter ... dragon is watching the news and does not like what he's seeing down in TX!

(Not sure if Scripture is allowed or not)

Oh my, you just had to do it - - - LOVE zucchini bread - - I will indulge in spite of the chocolate and sat-fat - - love it. I put some ph00 on and will scratch the dragon while I wait for it. Thanks for the bread.

As for Scripture - - I think you are OK - - they have not kicked me off yet. I don't think a lot on here are PC people - - America kicks God out of our schools then wonders why everything goes to pot. Out of our government, and it goes downhill. Out of our military, but lets the Muslims carry on with their prayers 5 times a day. We have gone nuts and forgot our foundation. One nation, UNDER GOD. Oh yeh, forgot that!!!!!!

Hey strange something happening down here - - there is a big bright light, blinding light up in the sky shining down bringing warmth, the flowers are all back out, birds singing, my pet rabbit is running all around the yard finding yummies, pet snakes are laying in the grass. What is happening? And no rain. WOW.

Me gone, ph00 done..................[coffee]