Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler Jan 11-Jan 17, 2004.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 06:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Water Cooler Jan 11-Jan 17, 2004.

Good morning from the Northeast.
It's a balmy 4 degrees with a light breeze that makes it feel like 12 below zer0.
Break out the flip flops and the sunblock folks, goona be a sorcher.
Time for coffee.
Rich
Old 01-11-2004, 07:10 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never in the course of human events has so many been led by so few that were so Foxtrot Uniformed.
I can see why the GAO figured it would take 25,000 Army troops to run an aircraft carrier. 25% would be on detail, 25% would be lost, another 25% would be skating, and the final 25% would be equally divided up between those that actually knew what they were doing and those that didn't give a rats hiney.
Another fun week starts. Getting edumicated this week, trying to instill a bit of pride and initiative in those that have none. No wonder my hair is going/gray.
Tim, AKA rossn2, I may be by your place later today so lock up the women and ice down the beer.. Got a load (aka jag) of hickory for ya. I could never live in a place that didn't grow good bbq wood. Got a left over pallet of bermuda sod I can throw on too. Rolling out of here around 1000.
Gotta get ready. See y'all later.

westboundandftfinghooddownShortround out
Old 01-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Nice to hear you survived week one of your "easy detail".

Colder'n (insert favorite decriptive term here) outside.

Coffee's hot, NO ACTIVITY in the kitchen yet.........
SR, I need one of those trash air-dropped onto my deck this morning.
Daughter's boyfriend is moving to the area, I offered to go get a load of his stuff for him on several occasions.
He loaded his Honda Element with stuff yesterday and placed his dining room table on top of all the other stuff.
He didn't see the traffic jam ahead of him and had to slam on the brakes.
I have allready arranged for an appointment for him to have his windshield replaced as when the vehicle stopped, the table top didn't.
He's dang lucky he didn't get his head knocked off.
I'll be travelling to W.VA. next weekend to load up the rest of his stuff.

Y'all stay warm- and be safe.

Ed
Old 01-11-2004, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man it's cold here in Mi. the last couple of day's. Hard to find something to do for us old guy's the joint's don't work so well in the cold. not even fun to go Ice fishing when it is near zero. Wifey fixed pancakes this morning with strawberry's and hot coffee Guess that make's up for some of the cold.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Chapter President

I remember being a you foolish man, thinking I could do it all myself. I guess thats part of growing up.

I wish I had more time to post and read around here than I do. I have been extreamly busy with school and work lately. I get up and at work by 7am, work till about 5:30, at class by 6pm, home at 10:30, ad 1 hour of paperwork for work, then another hour to study a little, a few cold beverages than off to bed. Sometime inbetween all this I find time to eat and look for our first home to buy. I believe it will all be worth it in the end.

Today, my wife and I are going to look at 5 possible homes, eat dinner with my parents, and watch the Chiefs woop up on the Colts
Old 01-11-2004, 04:14 PM

Afternoon everybody,
Had the duty blues yesterday and have been exceptionally lazy today to make up for it.
Wifey has been calling around for insurance quotes for a farmhouse that we want to buy ... after looking at the quotes you would think that they want me to pay for their house too.

What do you do when they jack up the cost just because there isn't a fire hydrant near by ?? I guess I could hook up a firepump to the old well and have a few hoses in standby ... maybe that would pacify them. Grrrrr.

OK, I'm done griping for now. I need a beer. Y'all stay warm.
PISTOL
Old 01-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Top sent me these and I can't get rid of them.

Its really scaring me.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Afternoon everybody,
Had the duty blues yesterday and have been exceptionally lazy today to make up for it.
Wifey has been calling around for insurance quotes for a farmhouse that we want to buy ... after looking at the quotes you would think that they want me to pay for their house too.

What do you do when they jack up the cost just because there isn't a fire hydrant near by ?? I guess I could hook up a firepump to the old well and have a few hoses in standby ... maybe that would pacify them. Grrrrr.

OK, I'm done griping for now. I need a beer. Y'all stay warm.
PISTOL
Put a pond in and a dry hydrant, will qualify as a water source. Check locally on the regs for a "dry hydrant."
Old 01-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Finally had to pull out the coat - - wow, down to 39 last night, up to 65 today. Cold for here. So, guess I won't brag today, just bundle up and shut up.

Nice week on road in fiver - - had fun - - no problems - - needed that. Now the Ghost is all dirty - - rats. No fun washing them in the cold. Ya'll be good.

ShiverinBob
Old 01-11-2004, 09:00 PM
DPG

Winter's finally arrived here. Below 0 at night, daytime high's in the single digits. Oh, well. When you live here you have to expect it. 3 more winters, and I just might be starting an Arizona chapter of the DTR. Shortround's week sounds kind of like mine: I teach middle/high school. Gotta get those lesson plans done. You all have a great Monday tomorrow!

DeWain

P.S. Shortround, you still have one up on me. Mine's turning grey, and falling out!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:34 AM

Happy? Monday.
Slightly warmer 'round these parts today (upper 40s)
Is it Spring yet?
Snow in the forecast for Wednesday evening.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the folks "in charge" to see what truely wonderful adventures they've managed to dream up for us to experience in the new week ahead.

Stay warm-be safe.

Ed
Old 01-12-2004, 06:17 AM
JKE

Good morning men.

uneventful weekend for us. One of the crawdads ate another aquarium member...well, part of him anyway . I have a "fend for yourself" tank other than me keeping the tank clean and the ocupants healthy.

Have a great day.

John
Old 01-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Just what I needed to see first thing on Monday morning, pink flying pigs after seeing pink flying elephants Saturday night. DOH......
Old 01-12-2004, 07:08 AM

DD4x4, did one of those pink flying elephants have a notch in his ear??
I seem to have ran into the same bunch myself this weekend

If I didnt know any better, I would swear one of them followed me to work
Old 01-12-2004, 07:14 AM

Did he look like this one?.......I saw him too.

Quick Reply: Water Cooler Jan 11-Jan 17, 2004.