Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler. Dec 21-Dec 27, 2003

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 04:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Water Cooler. Dec 21-Dec 27, 2003

Seeing as i'm up early, figured I would get this going.
Coffee is on, now let's have a safe holiday week folks.

Rich ;D
Old 12-21-2003, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Water Cooler. Dec 21-Dec 27, 2003

Good morning! Sitting here in the ol' Pelham police/fire department dispatch office waiting for someone to call who needs help. :- hope no one calls! You all have a nice Christmas.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:05 AM

Good Morning kinda cold and blowing here this morning, 22 F wind about 20mph glad to be sitting here and not having to go out side. The coffee is sitting there on the stove so help yourself and enjoy your morning
Old 12-21-2003, 07:11 AM

Good Morning everybody. It is 22 here in SC. Sunny South my foot. If I could find a buyer I think that I would do the snow bird thing. Looking for 70 all year. Did someone say a southbound cruise ship????

Cheers
Gordon
Old 12-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Morning peoples ;D.
Coffee's almost gone, the eggs were delish, toast was nice and crunchy, and snausages werehot & yummy.

Time for a power-nap.

Wifey wants to go see Lord of the Rings at 1030...... :
I wonder if there's any diesel Rams in it?........

Y'all have a great day.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Mornin Ya'll,,,,,
Some of you folks got up waaaay to early for a Sunday morning! : I plan on being a couch potato today. After a non-productive Saturday when I really tried to get something accomplished,,,,, I'll plan on getting nothing done today in hopes that this plan will go south and I'll end up having done something constructive. ;D
I had driven to Richmond to get my windshield replaced at 0800 yesterday. Left there and got Dad's Xmas gift and then drove back to Hopewell where I got the state inspection done, and then stopped at the auto parts store to pick up a new set of wiper blades for my new windshield. Everything had gone great up until then,,,,,,,,,, : ,,,,,,,,,, that is until I went to put the new blades on and saw that the windshield had slipped down about a 1/4" on one side after the temporary tape let go and opened up a gap in the rubber molding! > Drove back Richmond in hopes that they could reset it before the goo set,,,, but NO doing. They are going to have to remove it completely which will lead to putting in a new one because the guy says it will probably break in doing so. They apologized over and over about it, but it wasn't really anybody's fault. Cold day,,,, not-so sticky-tape,,,,,, roads with 12" deep potholes and a 3/4 ton truck that doesn't ride like a Caddy! They're gonna take another whack at it Monday.
So have a good day everone! ;D
Old 12-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That ain't nuthin. You know what really blows, the furnace. Well, atleast when it is working. Got up this morning to go to the little boys room and the first clue I got that something was wrong was that I saw my breath in the bedroom. That's usually not a good thing. The second clue was the fourth blanket that I had pulled on some time during the night. The third and final clue was that the carpet was so cold, it actually crunched when I walked on it with my frozen feet.
Soooo, off to the furnace room I go and pushed the reset button in hopes that it would fire knowing all too well that it would not but had to try it anyway. Buzz buzz buzz buzz zip, nothing as expected. Back to the frozen bedroom I go to pull on some fabric to keep me from getting any colder than I already am. Two pairs of insulated underwear, heavy duty jogging apparel, tee shirt and flannel shirt over that. Pull on the beanie from the utility room down over my ears and another insulated shirt with a hood on it. Get out the sheep wool gloves and pull on the hi top reeboks and head outside. Go to the fuel tank, hmmm, over a quarter tank left, should fire. Go to the shed and get some tools to remove the fuel strainer. First wrench stuck to my fingers, not a good thing. Finally got the fuel filter off, hmmm, dirty black looking frozen mung in the bottom and no fuel coming out the outlet. Grab the propane torch, it's so cold, it won't even make a flame bigger than a match. Drop that, go in the house and get another tank, finally flame. Heat up the outlet valve till I get flow of pretty red diesel fuel. Dump and scrape the frozen mung and what is left of the felt filter out and clean the housing. Put the housing up with no filter cause there ain't one in the spare location where it is supposed to be. Go in, hit the reset button and bleed the pump. No pressure. Go back out and heat the short run of piping between the tank and the house a little. Hook up the vacuum pump to the outlet nozzle on the pump. Prime a little more and viola, red fuel again. Close the bleed valve and vroooommm, heat again. Now had to go to Parkers and get two new filters and am back home semi-thawed out. Going to wait till ole Mr Sun gets up a little higher in the big blue before I change the filter again.
Now, can anyone top that for the first thing on a Sunday morning?
Old 12-21-2003, 10:30 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Can't top that. Only thing I'm doing is cutting trees down a new fence row. Temp in upper 40's going to mid 60's. Beer's good and cold. G-kids piling brush for their fire. Fried cabbage and bratwurst for breakfast. Kids eating waffles.
All is right with the world.

shortround and shortbubbas out
Old 12-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Chapter President

Mornin fellers! Well I got all the ice fishin rods rigged up last night, tuned up the auger and fixed the rope start on it. Now I am making chicken and mushroom chowder, MMMMMMMMM, Yummy. Will leave that perkin in the crock pot and the whole family is going ice fishing! .... Sorry about the excitment but this is a family event and it's a first. My daughter and I go out but the wife has no clue about catching a fish through a 10" hole in the ice. Making some hot cocco w/peppermint schnapps for the adults and reg. cocco for the kids. Should be a fun day.

Allready torqued the wifey off this morning , She told me I couldn't guess a gift this year under the tree, I said I will guess them all! She said you can't do it this year, I changed all the packages! I said cool a challange! : ;D... So I pointed at the big one and said, "that's a air hockey table" ;D ;D ;D... I got a slap in the arm and a you are a total butt head! >.... Well geeeezzzz you said I couldn't guess it! I guess everything before I open it, without cheating. 8)

Old 12-21-2003, 01:07 PM
DPG

02DSLDOG!!! You poor misguided soul!! You NEVER guess the right thing when guessing a gift, especially from the better half. ;D "Uh, dear, I have absolutely NO IDEA what's in that package, a left-handed framus valve, maybe?" Now repeat that line 25 times before your wife asks you again. ;D

I learned this lesson, painfully, years ago.
Better luck next time.

DeWain
Old 12-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Well, when it rains, it pours. Just went out to change out the sending unit on the FP gauge and broke the fitting off in the fuel filter housing. This is me signing off and going to the 5.9 locker and headed for the couch. Hope you all are having a better week end that me.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:03 AM

Mornin folks. On coffee #2 already.
Woke up at 4:15 for some unknown reason.
Finished xmas shopping yesterday, might as well wrap before HQ returns from work at 7.
have a good day all.

Rich
Old 12-22-2003, 05:37 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Woooo-Hooooo back at work. ;D
Where's them meds?........Gulp, ahhhhhh, all better,

OHMYGAWD it's MONDAY again.

Short week, lots o stuff to get done.

Coffee's hot, coupla Bagels on the counter, the poppy-seed one's mine. >

Have a great TDR day.

don't forget to check out the NEW DTR video.......it's
AWESOME
Old 12-22-2003, 05:58 AM
JKE

Mornin' eveyone 0655 here and 28°. Had a birthday get-together yesterday for my daughter. She was happy, I am happy. 20° yesterday morning. Watched football and sat by the fire. good day overall.

Have a nice day.

JKE
Old 12-22-2003, 06:15 AM
Administrator

After the crappy weekend I had, it's almost good to be back at work. ALMOST I SAID........... :

Quick Reply: Water Cooler. Dec 21-Dec 27, 2003