Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler.....2 - 8 January 2005

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 06:02 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Water Cooler.....2 - 8 January 2005

Coffee's on.
Clothes ain't.
Breakfast ready in about an hour.

practicingbeingagrumpShortround out
Old 01-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Coffee's ready.
Wifey's still feelin' sick as a dog.
That chest cold stuff is severely knockin' her for a loop.

Temps forecast for the 60s again, rain coming in for Monday.

Gonna try to get a good coat of wax on the Beast before all the nasty weather gets here.

Y'all B safe
Ed
Old 01-02-2005, 07:55 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Mornin' all....coffess done and mostly gone. Had fantastic weather the last few days, sunny and in the upper 60's. hard to beleive its winter, then this am we get freezing drizzle.

Got up at O dark thirty this morning to run the kid to a volleyball tourney the next town over, way too early for this boy.... hate waking up before the sun.

Y'all have a good one and keep the sunny side up....Chris
Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin Y'all,
Ended up not having to take wifey to the doc yesterday. She called the office and whoever sent her the paperwork for the appointment must have had too much "Holiday CHEER"...... the office was closed on New Year's day,,,,,,,,, imagine that! Glad she called before driving up to Richmond. I did manage to give RATTLIN a bath, plus a few other outside chores. Man the weather was beautiful yesterday! I could handle the entire winter being like that.
Hey Ed,
How about coming by and throwing a coat of wax on mine when you're done with yours. I did notice that I need to get out the touch-up paint to take care of a few chips on mine. That's one of the bad things about the Intense Blue pearlcoat,,,,, it's not very durable and it doesn't help with all the junk that comes off the roads. The concrete is constantly breaking up on I-295, which is the road I travel most. If I use the county roads, they are tar and gravel, so that ain't no better. Maybe I should glue bubble-wrap to the front end.
Y'all have a good one and I guess I'll get busy putting the x-mas decorations back up in the attic. With the wife being on "Light-Duty"......... that means I have to carry ALL the stuff up the spiral staircase and put it away,,,,,,,,,,

SpiralingOutOfControlDennis
Old 01-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Dennis, skip all the decoration stashing. I'm going out shooting things up on the other side of Waverly after lunch. I'll stop by and we'll go tear up some stuff. Gotta get in practice for the next appliance shootout.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4
Dennis, skip all the decoration stashing. I'm going out shooting things up on the other side of Waverly after lunch. I'll stop by and we'll go tear up some stuff. Gotta get in practice for the next appliance shootout.
Ev has the truck, but if the Camaro is here,,, I'm here. I was thinking about taking the puter over to Dad after I get done with the undecorating. He is still "On-the-Fence" about trading his V-10 in on a new Cummins,,,,,,, I'm hoping to get him on-line so he can start doing some more research and I'm gonna keep pushing him towards a 05.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin' all,
Coffee and egg tortillas are just about ready, just grab a plate and some salsa.
Woke up to heavy downpour this morning. Looks like a good day to do nothing, I've got "doin' nuthing" down to a science after this Christmas break. Had beautiful weather yesterday (65*-70*) and was able to get a New Year's day ride in with the atv and the m/c. Brought the wife and met up with a friend and his family and rode most of the day. I have more fun with the wife along than when I go with just my buddies and ride fast. She is tiny and the atv looks huge with her on it, but she can muscle it around pretty good.

She loves blasting through water and mud. I have more fun just watching her on the thing.

Ed and Dennis,
Hope the wives get to feeling better. Sounds like y'all are taking good care of them.

~Rob
Old 01-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Now you know you just pulled that thing out of the garage, turned it off, TOOK AWAY THE KEY, and said "get up on there, honey, so I can take your picture". Don't you try pulling our legs about her riding that monster.

Another warm day, but clouding over like maybe a little rain may move in. Quiet Sunday afternoon after all the hustle bustle - - kinda nice. Have a great one.

Bob
Old 01-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Banned

Cloudy and warm out. I need to clean the garage and install my lukes link but it's looking like it's not gonna happen. Definately need to clean up the empty beer bottles. Didn't know 2 people could do that much damage to a couple of cases.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:22 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Awful quiet in here (while bending down and unlocking the trash cans).
Out of the racks, it 0520 Central Standard Time.
Get the coffee perking.
Do the Triple S.
Move it out smartly. It's a new year and there ain't gonna be no slack.
MOVE, MOVE, MOVE

fullofp&vthismorningShortround out
Old 01-03-2005, 05:52 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
1st MONDAY of the new year.

is ready.

Wifey is feeling well enough to go back to work today.

Enjoying the calm before the rest of these yahoos get to work.

Y'all B safe
Ed
Old 01-03-2005, 06:04 AM
JKE

mornin' fellas. nice two days off. hit the river with a buddy and we caught 14 trout. starting to stack up a mess for a cook out. still haven't had a chance to put the smoke to any yet. maybe I will get this weekend off too and smoke some fish

have a good one - JKE
Old 01-03-2005, 08:13 AM

Woof.... it's a balmy -7 out this morning. Trucks pluged in tho
Old 01-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
-30 here.
Not liking it one bit.
Water in fuel three days in a row, 18" of snow and now the bitter cold.
Coffee gets cool fast, must drink more.

Will someone adopt me somewhere warm?
Old 01-03-2005, 08:20 AM

Ugghh,
Shortround put the trashcans down. Oh wait, maybe that's not you, it must be the pounding in my head from 1 too many pitchers of magarittas last night. Neighbor had today off as well so we decided to play poker and see how much Cabo Wabo we could consume during a pathetic football game last night. Would ya'll mind typing quitely for a while, the heavy pounding on the keys sounds like a jack hammer here!!
Raining to beat the band again here this am. Think I will just stay in all day and vegetate.

Take care,

~shhhhRob

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler.....2 - 8 January 2005