Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Vivint

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Vivint

Does anyone on here use Vivint for home security/home automation?

One of their sales reps stopped by the house last week and gave me some details on their service. I did a little reading about them online and the reviews were not very positive, mostly around sales tactics and customer service. But I didn't see anything about the quality of the actual service.

Wanted to see if anyone on here had any reviews.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to my brother Dont Do It!
He finally went with ADT Security System's because of what some friends of his went through with Vivint.

Our local BBB has many complaints against Vivnt such as these:

•Failure to obtain proper licensing
•Misleading sales tactics and misrepresentation of products
•Failure to recognize the Federal Trade Commission's Three Day Cooling-Off Rule for in-home purchases
•Failure to provide any services after charging consumers

He said that is sounds like some people are trying to get them arrested for out right fraud.

Who knows, they may do better in your area but they sound pretty flaky.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Never heard of them. I have Adt...it's worked well for several years. I have door/garage sensors and laser beams all over the inside of the house...lol. The last laser beam to be met is attached to a .40cal.

Invite several cos out to bid on your home and you'll find they'll out bid one another and you'll end up getting a really good system!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks guys!

When the rep came by, he was dropping my neighbor's names left and right and he was also giving the "we're only in the area through tomorrow" line which seemed a bit odd. After doing the reading online, that seemed to match up to the negative reviews I saw.

They're basically targeting anyone with an existing security system since they re-use the original security system wiring for their system. They had a lot of cool features that I'd be interested in, but just wasn't comfortable with the company.

high bid, are you using the ADT Pulse service? Or just standard ADT? We have a system that was on Broadview, who got bought up by ADT. The Pulse system looks cool, I just don't think it is geared toward home automation yet.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:34 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, anytime I get the "you gotta buy it today" story from a salesman I walk away.