Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Updated and rebooted break room 3/17 to 3/23

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:54 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Updated and rebooted break room 3/17 to 3/23

The old break room seemed to be freezing and locking up so I ran a scan on it, ran updates, and rebooted the system. If it seems a little slow at the moment, I'm also defragging the place to get rid of all those left overs that have made the place unappealing lately.
It appears winter has officially left South Central AK. All our forceast temps are for above the freezing mark and rain. I don't mind too much, at least it's getting rid of all the ice build up. My wife found herself in dire straights when she broke through the ice in the driveway and found herself almost hip deep in water. She was able to get out eventually,
The 2019 Iditarod sled dog race is winding to an end with the last of the mushers heading into Nome. It was a good race with new difficulties to overcome.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:25 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Finally slowed down enough to fire up the computer and see if we had a breakroom. Ya did good, Coug - - keep up the good work and we might send you
some Florida sunshine and an alligator or two. Now wouldn't that be a riot. Drop one off in mid town Anchorage, maybe down by Earthquake Park with
all the animals around who have never seen one. Alligator versus brown bear??? Hmmm.

Got lots done this morning but not really enough. Wow, loading up on me. Guess with all that work Cougar did the least I can do is put on some fresh
coffee and ph00 - - sorry Lary, no sprinkles today. NOW, quit your pouting - - you are a big boy now. Daddy said.

…..……...…………….ph00...…...me gone.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTRonians!

Hot coffee and a fresh pot of Almond Mocha for Bob.....Lots of fresh fruit for Stan and hot water for all the tea drinkers.

Hot Oatmeal and a assortment of breakfast meats and fried taters, with waffles for those so inclined.

Y'all have a safe day out there!

Leggs out!
Old 03-19-2019, 07:20 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from Paradise where it is a bit cloudy today. Still glorious weather down here. Had a short, much needed shower last night which will settle the dust slightly. Perhaps this is the beginning of our rainy season? Hope that we have a long rainy season this year.

Lary, yuh dun gud again. Thanks for the fruit. May even sample some of the almond mocha you set out for Bob.

Got to go for a new drivers license this morning. Down here they are good for 5 years. Some of my friends who have renewed recently tell me that there is a new law and they now take selected older drivers out for an actual road test. Not worried about that part, but it will be interesting to see the reaction of the examiner when they see what I drive given that the majority of drivers here drive smaller cars.

Coug, not a nice experience for your wife. Hope that she did not get hurt.

Off to get my day going.

Ciao.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:14 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Na, she's fine. Just wish we had some pictures of her falling in though.
Got up to 47° yesterday, 33° this AM and snow. That wasn't in the forecast. Supposed to be mostly clear and sunny today. Did the taxes yesterday, lotza money back. Up to the cabin today and try and get stuff moved around.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:01 PM

WHOA!!!!! I missed quite a spread - - good doing, Lary. Some left - - grabbed a bit on my way to bed. Thanks.
Another busy day - -just slowing down enough to open up this peuter and see who still loves me. Oh well,
so much for that. Just go to bed and hush, Bob...……..……...mmmmm good.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:54 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good early morning from way down south. Took a chance and made some fresh ph00 and coffee. In the fridge is some cut up young and soft coconut, plus a large jug of fresh coconut water right out of the coconut. Go ahead and enjoy a nice healthy drink.

Got my new drivers license yesterday. Was a bit concerned that for the eye test that the doctor would say that I need glasses, but got through that part OK and do not need glasses for anthing. Down here there is a new law that says that anyone passed the age of 70 HAS to pass a physical driving test. Passed that part too, using my truck. The only change on drivers licenses for folks over 70 is that it changes from a 5 year license to a 3 year license. I can deal with that. Normally the drivers test place takes a person out on the road, but yesterday they were short of personnel, so had set up a test site in the parking lot and made everybody zig zag around cones, reverse using mirrors only and park. It was surprising to watch how many people failed the test.

Going to be on the road in a couple of hours. Received a call yesterday from the orphanage where I do volunteer work and they need my help on diagnosing a problem on a Dodge Ram 4000, so on my way out of town will make a detour and see what the problem is.

Of to get ready to hit the road. Ciao.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 AM

Hey Stan - - go sic'um man. God bless for your giving attitude to worthy causes. Grabbing that ph00 mug and out of here for the day. Long
day scheduled. Try to see what happened this eve when I get in.

Have a gudurn ……………...
Old 03-21-2019, 09:02 AM

Good morning from a cooler Paradise. A bit cloudy today with a cool breeze. Still OK with shorts outside, but not as comfortable as usual. It will soon warm up now that the sun is up.

Hit a brick wall yesterday in trying to help out on a 2007 Ram 4000. It has an electrical problem and suspect a relay. Only problem is that the fuse box is completely different to any other Ram that I have seen and contains only a few fuses and no relays. Can't find any relays anywhere on this truck. This is a Mexican vehicle and so far cannot find any info re electrical schematics on the 'net. In fact, can't find anything about the 4000. It's almost like a mystery vehicle due to so little info available.

Scotty, what is happening re your arm? Do you need to go to the Mayo?