Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

An unreported story

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An unreported story

Subject: Unreported Story - <br><br><br>Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 11:21 AM<br>Subject: This is called an &quot;unreported&quot; story. You'll see why<br>An unreported story worth sharing... At a recent Soldiers Breakfast <br>held at Red Arsenal, AL, Sergeant Major of the Army (SMA) Jack<br>Tilley <br>shared the following story. (The incident was recorded by James <br>Henderson, with the U.S. Army Red Huntsville Chaplain Association <br>Chapter. Please distribute far and wide...it is worth sharing!!)<br><br>He -(SMA Jack Tilley)- described a recent visit to our wounded <br>soldiers at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington that I<br>(Chaplain <br>Henderson) will never forget.<br><br>&quot;The Special Forces soldier had lost his right hand and had suffered<br><br>severe wounds of his face and side of his body. As SMA Tilley <br>described, how do you honor such a soldier, showing respect without <br>offending? What can you say or do in such a situation that will <br>encourage and uplift? How do you shake the right hand of a soldier <br>who just lost his? Finally he told how he acted as though the man<br>had <br>a hand, taking his wrist as though it were his hand and speaking <br>encouragement to him.<br><br>But he said there was another man in that group of visitors who had <br>even brought his wife with him to visit the wounded who knew exactly<br><br>what to do. This man reverently took this soldier's stump of a hand <br>in both of his hands, bowed at the bedside and prayed for him. When <br>he stood from praying he bent over and kissed the man on the head<br>and <br>told him he loved him.<br><br>What a powerful _expression of love for one of our wounded heroes!<br>And <br>what a beautiful Christ-like example! What kind of man would kneel<br>in <br>such humility and submission to the Living God of the Bible? It was <br>George W. Bush, President of the United States and Commander in<br>Chief <br>of our Armed forces, a true leader.<br><br>
Old 06-07-2003, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:An unreported story

Actually George W. is an American first, then, a Texan.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Banned

All I can say is I'm PROUD to be an American!! And thank god for men like President Bush. I can't really express what I'm feeling on here.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:25 PM

Pish Posh...

I'm a Democrat... I don't fit in...
Rephrase that... I am proud to be an American - but for the government workforce, we surely didn't neee Bush in office.

However I will commend him for breaking out the everpresent can of &quot;American Whoop butt. In that respect he's the right man for the job. If ya'll only knew how many Government workers he would like to fire, and how the TSA bill he pushed thru the senate has our Security screeners afraid for their jobs. I swear, McDonalds treats their employees better than our own government... Who'd a dun thunk it.

Ok I'm done now.......... Thanks
&lt;deep breath 1...2...3...4...5...6...7.......&gt;

Edited by Moderator
Old 06-08-2003, 12:25 AM

And Mcdonalds treats the public better than our own government. I could really go for a big mac right now.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:42 AM

It makes a difference when a camera is present!
Old 06-08-2003, 07:28 AM

As a veteran of Desert Storm, I would like to express my gratitude to the first President Bush. I think what he did was admirable, and as a gentleman in office, no one has or will do it better. And that is what George W. is living up to. I think he is a man of great honor, not afraid to do what is needed, and to he!! with the naysayers. I only wish I had been recalled for the second Iraqi conflict, then I could have served under father and son.<br><br>Tiny
Old 06-08-2003, 07:53 AM

If you want to read a book that is sure to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up (at least on the military minded of our group) ...<br><br>DERILICTION OF DUTY by Lt. Col. Robert &quot;Buzz&quot; Patterson.<br><br>He was one of Clintons Military Aides responsible for carrying the &quot;Nuclear Football&quot;. It is a first hand insight to the Clinton years and what he did to compromise our military and national security.<br><br>** I am in no way affiliated with this man and am not promoting his book for anything other than to stir the pot a little ;D ;D<br><br>PISTOL
Old 06-08-2003, 02:28 PM

She just might be fitted for the job... in 2008 - it will be time for the democrats to take the house back, do some serious house cleaning... Who better suited than Hillary! A woman, mother, and victam of an affair that &quot;never happened&quot;.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:31 PM

Oh and as far as the comment about getting rid of All the government workers that need to be fired...<br><br>They are employees just like you, have families they need to support. Regardless of how much or little you think of them - they are out there after the same goal you are, to work, support your family and make a little extra $$$ to take you in to a comfortable retirement. Just remember that.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:58 PM

If Hilllary ever makes president (again &gt;) We are all in some very big trouble. But I dont think we have to worry about the democraps taking back the house, they are not making themselves look very smart right now.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

mytrnx3-<br> If govt. workers don't like their working conditions, then they should go find a job they like better. Last I checked, we didn't have a centrally planned economy where the govt. tells you where you will work and what your job will be. I think our governments (Federal, State, and Municipal) have gotten out of hand, too many people doing nothing but justifying the existence of their wasteful, intrusive, and restrictive beaurocracies, most of which exceed the powers granted to the governments, thereby infringing on my (and your) rights and are therefore illegal under the much-ignored constitution. This country was founded on the priciple of limited governmental power and we have strayed far from that ideal. Politicians of both parties use my (and your) tax money to bribe people to vote for them by promising all kinds of &quot;free&quot; govt. services, causing the govt. to grow every year which chips away at our freedom little by little. I could go on about this for hours, but I don't want to attract the attention of the Dept. of Homeland Security (our KGB in its infancy?) with my anti-big govt. rantings.<br> P.S. I don't hear the black U.N. helicopters coming, I'm not that , just frustrated that this country has gotten so far away from the principles stated in the founding documents and that so few people seem to give a rat's hindquarters.

Quick Reply: An unreported story