Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Under the Radar Break Room 5/31 - 6/6 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/under-radar-break-room-5-31-6-6-a-322091/)

j_martin 05-31-2015 08:07 AM

Under the Radar Break Room 5/31 - 6/6

After someone bombed the respit break room 2 days early, we'll try to sneak this one in under the radar.

Bacon, eggs, and ordinary black coffee to start breakfast.

Scotty 05-31-2015 08:45 AM

Deer hoof, glands and other road kill goodies pulled from my truck on the George Foreman Grill.

Had a bodyshop guy look at my truck that's a friend of the hotel owner.

Lots of damage/labor to fix this. He figures 15k at least without looking deeper or under the truck. :(

cougar 05-31-2015 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Click on the magnifying glass to the upper right. Then look on top of the stump, the tall one.
Attachment 50853

cougar 05-31-2015 10:50 AM

Burned some cow on the new grill yesterday. Cooking outside keeps the house cooled on these hot summer days.

Justwannabeme 05-31-2015 11:51 AM

slipping in like mist......

thanks for the info coug, WOW big kitty. happy to see them play outdoors.

yes. weird when the breakroom gets closed. I felt lost, no police station around....

hot hubs on one ton, pulled axles and went through differential out. fun day, relaxed pace with hubby. glad he got dirty instead of me. new caliper and outer bearing for the workhorse. love this truck.

shout out to all those in dire straights in texas, Prayers sent.

sherod 05-31-2015 03:27 PM

Spent the morning fixing the mower after finding a big chunk of limestone. Only had to grab the torch once, so that's a mark in the win column. DW got a call to take a friend of hers to the Urgent Care. Seems she attempted to catch a feral cat that didn't appreciate the help. Her friends arm is swollen about twice it's normal size and red streaks running up. Hope she said "help" in time, they are now at the ER.
Time to do chores,

See ya!

cougar 05-31-2015 04:00 PM

Not a good idea trying to catch a ferel cat, unless you are wearing full body armor. Best way is to win their friendship. The quickest way to do that is through their stomach.

Scotty 05-31-2015 04:22 PM

Mmmm food

Justwannabeme 05-31-2015 08:32 PM

Lordy, look at the trap you'd get caught in!

short alberta summer make tallguy disappear?

hanynight

Chrisreyn 06-01-2015 08:22 AM

I hate Monday

cougar 06-01-2015 12:13 PM

That's why I have Mondays off. The rain has started. The weather guessers are saying through next weekend. Great, my last week off before going back to the nut house and it rains.

Mexstan 06-01-2015 04:32 PM

Hello girls and boys and the assorted other "people" that frequent this wonderful site.

Am now back home in Paradise. Compared to the heat, humidity and rain up north, this place really is Paradise. Only problem is that I got caught in the rain on Friday in Brownsville and then went into a very cold air conditioned store to dry off. That is what may what has done me in, because I now have an extreme sore throat, a bad cough, a bad headache and some muscles ache. Must have left my get up and go in the States, because everything is an effort. Oh well, this too shall pass. Almost never get sick, so this is mot unusual for me.

Came back with about $1,000 of hand tools from HF, Northern Tools and Lowes. $1,000 worth of SnapOn tools is nothing, but from those guys , it is a lot. Only had to pay about US$33 in duty to make them legal. The two guys that will be using them are very happy.

Did about 1,500 miles and according to the lie-o-meter I averaged 18 mpg. Drove at a steady 1,900 rpm (70 mph) which seems to be a sweet spot on these trucks. A few times did go up to 90 MPH in Mexico to pass a few convoys.

Had a row with Discount Tire. Am eligible for free balancing, but they refused to balance one tire. It looks good, there are no sidewall cracks, but is over 10 years old. It used to be my spare. What is so wrong with a good looking tire that is 10 years old?

Scotty, sorry to hear about your truck Do you think that you will get a new one out of this?

Now going back to bed to look for some energy.

j_martin 06-01-2015 06:03 PM

Doin' 90 on 10 year old rubber? You work your guardian angels pretty hard. They need a rest, too.

Justwannabeme 06-01-2015 06:21 PM

sorry for the rain. uh, sun tomory....

scotty, hope the arms did not get buggered. last thing you need.
stop scaring your insurance agent too!

Lord of the Plains! Tuesday is gonna be super for ya!!!

might be trading some stuff for a tractor. first time bartering for me with someone I don't know.

gonna barter with Stan for some energy/tools. snicker snicker[coffee]

Mexstan 06-01-2015 09:04 PM

Still want to know what is wrong with old rubber if it has not been stored in the sun and has zero surface cracks anywhere.

Heidi, too late. I sure could do with some energy, but have already given the tools away to their respective new owners.

Was surprised by the one guy that I thought was pretty good. I gave him a set of three tin snips. He wanted to know why I gave him three and why the handles are different colors. Had to educate him on left, right and straight cuts and the origins of the 3 colors.

Going to go to an usually early bed soon and see if I can find any energy under the pillow.