Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Trump Victory Break Room

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 04:43 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Late evening duck in, good posts by all. Rest assured, my kids aren't being raised wussies... they're being raised like I was (or as close as I can get to it)... hard work and discipline.

I'm in Korea right now, a little chilly, but not bad. Had some good training today, I'm whipped...

Hope everyone has a good one. Fresh (from two days ago) Marine coffee in a vat on the counter, MREs are next to it.

'Merica!

Mad
Old 11-16-2016, 07:01 AM

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Good morning all.

I have had good luck with Yokohama tires as well.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon all. Gorgeous cool day here, just over the 70 mark, bright warm sun and wonderful breeze. Several cooler days where (horrors) we may not see 70. Better find my longjohns if I can. Horrible.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Morning peoples. Like Bob, snowed under with work. Got more work dumped on me yesterday when the neutral outside in the street opened up allowing 220 volts into the house on a 115 volt circuit. The house now stinks of burned appliances. Now need to fight with the electrical supply place for replacements.
Can't remember if I told you about my RV experience in Mexico. Suddenly everything went black on evening. What in the world? Looked out the window, several in our caravan were running round like mad putting out small fires and digging in their storage for their inverter which was smoking. We are guessing a huge surge got us. Many had severe damage to their wiring, appliances, etc. I unplugged but still had nothing. I have a surge/inverter/charger unit that monitors everything including the 240v input. I opened that hatch to mild smell of smoke. It had done its thing and protected the rig, but paid for it by doing away with itself. I had to do a quick rewire and drop it out of the circuit and run with no battery charging other than when driving and AC with the generator. I was heading for Washington state and would drive right by the factory for the inverter unit so bought a battery charger when we hit San Diego. It only cost $280 to have the damage fixed to the unit and has been running great since.

OK, enough jabber - - grab my ph00 and get out of here. .............

Y'all be good.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Week of death by power point. No luck getting lodging approved by the State so an extra 3 hours on each end of 2 full 8 1/2 hour days. Monday was a 15 hour day. Boss was with me, so he suggested I do the the LV thing for the rest of the week. By Golly! I like him!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:23 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Oink slices and chicken rounds on the grill.
Lots of crispy bacon and eggs over easy.
Fresh squeezed juices of many fruits and of course lots of java.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmmm boy all this cholesterol is great! Thank goodness it is virtual cholesterol, the good kind

Thanks Scotty!
Old 11-17-2016, 08:56 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hola from a cloudy Paradise.

Hmmmm, nobody made any ph00 for you-know-hoo, so I will score some brownie points and make some.

Bob, I know what you mean about the electrical surges as I have heard many similar stories. Where I live we have been spared most of those problems and at the most, occasionally have brownouts on one leg of the 220 volts coming into the house. In other words, occasionally half the house loses power. I finally figured out that it was always the same leg, so changed some wiring around in the main panel so that the fridge is always on. We have a pretty constant 130 volts on everything. A bit high, but it has not created any problems.

Off to try to whittle down my ever growing to-do list.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Oink slices and chicken rounds on the grill.
Lots of crispy bacon and eggs over easy.
Fresh squeezed juices of many fruits and of course lots of java.
Hmmm, chicken and eggs - - - oh well, might as try something new. ........................hey, not bad. Thanks. Filled the mug with you know what .........................

Doc was happy with me this morning. Whew. If he was not, it meant laser treatment in my eye - - that is plain scary. ............

Off and running.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:29 PM

Wow, came in to visit. Nobody but the dragon and burnt coffee and Ph00.

Spent the day tearing down a Case 188 in a loader. Went to grab the new stuff and guess what? Parts guy gave us the stuff for the 207. Big difference in everything. Owner now scrambling to get the right parts. I was there the day he ordered the rebuild. Clearly said 188. Even the equipment shops have a problem getting good help it seems.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:28 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Wow, can't believe you are still fighting with that thing.

Bummer when you get the wrong parts. But then you have something to look forward to later...

Finally got the endless inframe done, 7 1/2 months later. Do yourself a favor. If you're going to build an engine, don't do it to fill spare moments. Just get after it. Keeping the fleet running is priority, so build this when you can, translates to a spiral bound notebook, filled with a very comprehensive list of what you do to rebuild one of these. Any info needed, I've got it now. C15 single turbo. Real fisher price engines. Easy to work on, just bulky.

Other than that, weather is finally cooling off a bit, winter may soon be on the way. And still the line of broken junk.

Have fun people
Old 11-19-2016, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by pind
Other than that, weather is finally cooling off a bit, winter may soon be on the way. And still the line of broken junk. Have fun people
WHOA!!! Can't believe winter is just now coming to you. My last two times in Whitehorse it was in mid October and hit very heavy snow storms. The first time they said it was freak storm. OH, OK. Second time they told me a freak storm. I said "sure, heard that before." .......

Nuther week going into the book. Got a lot done but not enough. Going go back off today and get some little easy fun stuff done.

Put on fresh coffee and ph00 and brought banana almond pancakes with maple syrup. YUM YUM. ....................................

L8R
Old 11-19-2016, 06:56 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. The smell of banana almond pancakes with maple syrup brought me here. Excellent! Bob, yuh dun gud!

Bob, so what brand of tires did you end up putting on your wife's car?

This weekend is a sort of black 4 day weekend with stores giving lots of discounts. Yesterday went to Liverpool (which is a mid-to-high end retailer which operates the largest chain of department stores in Mexico. A bit like Sears but nicer) to buy a new microwave. Was there 20 minutes after they opened and the place was already getting packed. Bought a nice microwave with a 30% discount. From there went downtown and all the stores there were very busy. Hate those kinds of crowds, so going to try to stay home for the rest of the weekend.

Refilling my cup and sneaking another pancake and then go to start my busy day.

Ciao.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by pind
Wow, can't believe you are still fighting with that thing.

Bummer when you get the wrong parts. But then you have something to look forward to later...
The owner finally got the head repaired. The rest of the parts were sitting in a box waiting for the head.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:05 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning! Laying out 5 lbs of thick sliced maple bacon to go with those terrific pancakes.

Have a safe weekend!
Old 11-19-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey Bob, global warming/climate change does not exist.

To that end, this part of the world has been upgraded from semi arid to more temperate. As for snow, yeah we still get some, early, late, etc. However, a couple weekends ago we had +9* C. I haven't had to put on insulated coveralls in probably 4 years. It simply hasn't gotten cold enough to bother. Last winter, Christmas was the coldest we got, almost made -30c for two whole days. And that was it. Had to put a toque on...geewhiz.
We have a lot more summer precip now than we ever had, and there is actual measurable humidity in the winter.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure its just my imagination.

I have some theories, but nothing related to the leftist agenda.