Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tribute to Lary's Real Twin Breakroom 9/13/15 - 9/19/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Ok, let's try this.
Picture transferred good. Only thing is it's huge, and even though it displays small, the entire image has to transfer to do it, which takes a lot of time. It also costs you dearly to send a 2 megabyte picture, when a 640 x 480, 100 k byte (1/20 the size) picture would serve the purpost.

So, if yer going to post pictures, set your resolution down to a lower level.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:49 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Stan,
I have a wireless backup camera on the fiver. If it's energized, nothing WI-FI works in the camper.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Stan,
I have a wireless backup camera on the fiver. If it's energized, nothing WI-FI works in the camper.
I'd bet it's causing interference.

Been getting a little rain in the area but it keeps just missing us. Be nice to get just enough to settle the dust.

I tightened some lugnuts on the semi last week getting ready to haul seed wheat for cleaning. The boss climbed under the trailer with a grease gun to grease the s-cam bearings because the one brake hangs. He came out about livid. They told him they changed everything that can be changed, yet there were bearings with the seals hanging on the shafts, and rusty parts everywhere. I didn't exactly say "what have I been telling you since March?". We had to put a pipe wrench on the one shaft to get the brake released. As soon as I put pressure on it, it snapped released.

The truck is now at the local Case dealer getting fixed right. Between the 2 trucks and trailers the truckstop let 3 bad tires (cords showing and frayed), a bad rim, a hanging brake, a non-functioning (I think oil-soaked) brake, and at least 6 non-functioning lights through the annual inspection.

They even tried blaming the hanging trailer brake on the truck brakes being worn and the trailer brakes doing too much of the work, and my adjusting the brakes when they wouldn't release. I wonder what the excuse would have been when I went to the co-op for the tire they fixed going flat again. Their patch was found free of any adhesion to the tire, just rolling around in it.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I'd bet it's causing interference.
I'm ready for my Captain Obvious award
Old 09-14-2015, 07:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings from up here eh.
I weed whacked my LEGGS to a beautiful shredded hot pink/red spiral yesterday while speaking with my elder twin.
We agreed next time we're primping while talking, we're going to use Skype. I'm putting a wiper/washer system on my camera lens.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Greetings from here as well.....I went with the sulfuric acid etching on my leggs to achieve that lovely mottled/runny look.....very nice indeed

Hanyday
Old 09-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Amazing how certain people can be so possessed with the looks of their LEGGS and completely ignore the important things - - like the coffee pots are horrible smelling, stuff growing in the top and won't pour. Yeh, I know - - do it yourself, big boy. ..................

OK, cleaned the pots, sanitized them, did a ceremonial dance around them - - then made wonderful smelling fresh coffee, Almond Mocha ph00, brought some fresh from the bakery apple fritters and some wonderful looking bananas - - sooooo good.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Greetings from here as well.....I went with the sulfuric acid etching on my leggs to achieve that lovely mottled/runny look.....very nice indeed Hanyday
I think we may have a problem with these two. Maybe we need to put them on the prayer list...................

Just got back from the skin doc - - he thought I was beautiful. Not sure I liked that description, but I took it to be a positive that I was at least not ugly with bad stuff all over my skin. Cardio tomorrow morning. Day off the rest of this day - -go do something productive. See ya.

.........................................YUM YUM

Bob
Old 09-14-2015, 02:45 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with all the work getting done on machinery, I took myself to chiropractor and walmart.

shopped, dropped and rolled myself for a younger look. if I could get away with it, I'd use the paint can shaker to drop some pounds....

they talk "people of walmart" and I have seen a few; but never had one attach herself to me and decide she was gonna be my stylist. followed me through the eyeglass center; lectured me and the hair cutter, and tried to take my pic when I was done. I actually hid by a display and came back ten minutes later to do some shopping. texted a friend for HELP! heheheh

playing FiverBob and gonna relax today, work tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:46 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I'm ready for my Captain Obvious award
BOOM, there it is. we still respect ya. like you to hang around.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
We lost a State Trooper this morning. Traffic stop went wrong. They got the shooter. Trooper Ponder was from a small community about 5 miles from my house. Those of you who go out and put yourself in harms way each day, please keep safe. We need you more than we need the likes of this shooter. The response was swift and accurate...
Old 09-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

they talk "people of walmart" and I have seen a few; but never had one attach herself to me and decide she was gonna be my stylist. followed me through the eyeglass center; lectured me and the hair cutter, and tried to take my pic when I was done. I actually hid by a display and came back ten minutes later to do some shopping. texted a friend for HELP! heheheh
Geeze Mom, I was just trying to be helpful and you kept running away
Old 09-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
We lost a State Trooper this morning. Traffic stop went wrong. They got the shooter. Trooper Ponder was from a small community about 5 miles from my house. Those of you who go out and put yourself in harms way each day, please keep safe. We need you more than we need the likes of this shooter. The response was swift and accurate...
Such a tragedy.
Circle the wagons.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:57 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
We lost a State Trooper this morning. Traffic stop went wrong. They got the shooter.
This is disgusting. We are quickly loosing all vision of who we are as Americans and losing any sense of good and normality. So many have no concept of what is good and honorable, rather they adhere to disgusting and unpatriotic behavior. How can one think it is acceptable to kill someone just because they are in your way?

Keep looking up gang - - things are going to happen.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
People who shoot cops need to be hung without any wait. Ran and paid bills today washed part of house off then washed and waxed wife's car.
I hate the fact that the government is gone let all these Muslim refugees in. I believe a war is fixing to start
Old 09-14-2015, 10:20 PM
DTR Mom

not liking that one bitsherod. God be with his family, community. There's a climate that was allowed by our president to exist. let me shut up now.

I walked fence line, got zapped enough to see stars, saw a soccer game, put my foot in my mouth (again). even got BBQ pizza free. I am so tired, I let the truck drive home. couldn't even play a birthday joke on someone.....

where's the curled up and snoring icon?

Quick Reply: Tribute to Lary's Real Twin Breakroom 9/13/15 - 9/19/15