Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Toyota ---Nascar??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stickbow
....and no one here can tell me that Toyota is just as American as the big three just because there built here Im too all American for that song and dance
That's a tough argument to defend if one is driving a truck built in Mexico by a German company (as I am).

Rusty
Old 02-20-2007, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigredBCS
arnt te blocks pretty much 350's anyways, arnt they all running the same motor already?
nope... NASCAR engine rules state that you are allowed a maximum of 358 cubic inches. Chevy uses the 350 base, Ford uses the 351 Windsor base, and I am not really sure which block Dodge is using, and Toyota, they came up with something just for NASCAR. Now these are not go to your local junk yard and grab an engine either. they are high dollar special alloy blocks with very tight tolerances and modifications. Like on the Ford block, it is a 351w base, but the mains are smaller, mush like that of the 351 Cleveland, to reduce bearing speed... I am a ford man when it comes to v-8's. the old fords, not the newer ones, they have to be carbed... haha

but like I said, eventually they will all have the same engine, and I am almost certain that it will not be ford. Prolly between chevy and toyota right now, as both of these have new style engines designed and just approved recently. Ford and dodge are still running their old stuff, but it works...
Old 02-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Banned

ORIGINALLY:

>Where was Dodge built ?

>Where was Ford built ?

>Where was Chevrolet built ?

>Where was Toyota built ?

Where did these vehicles originate from ?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
ORIGINALLY:

>Where was Dodge built ?

>Where was Ford built ?

>Where was Chevrolet built ?

>Where was Toyota built ?

Where did these vehicles originate from ?
Originally, Studebaker (remember them?) made Conestoga wagons. So, what does that have to do with the present?

Rusty
Old 02-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Toyota does not matter. The only difference between them and the Chevy/Ford/Dodge is the name on the front of the hood.

Problem with Nascar is their new "Diversity" Objective. Last I checked racing was the fastest cars wins regardless if the driver is a black, white, male or female. They hide behind the diversity theme as a way to block the true motive of wanting to take the southern aspect out of all of the races, which they pretty much have done on TV. Go to the race in Talladega live, and you will learn quickly they have a long way to go.......

The France family wants to take Nascar to the "next level" which is not all bad. Problem is they are spitting in the faces of the folks that grew up with it and made it great in the 1st place.

(RANT OVER - BACK TO WORK)
Old 02-20-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mountaineer
What do you guys think of toyota joining Nascar.
Hey , don't you watch the truck races ? Toyota has been around a while . NASCAR is a joke anyway . A Fusion is a race care ? Best driver/car combos ever ? Petty / Dodge , Pearson/Mercury , Roberts/Pontiac . Kulwicki or Allison hade great pontential in the T-Bird .
Old 02-20-2007, 02:36 PM

when was the last time a carb was on a production engine?? nascar still runs them. as for toyota they sent the engines right back to japan to engneenrs to work on not the the shop in usa so parts are comimg from there. money talks !toy will spend lots of it ! ford will not do it , dodge tries, chevy dont have to they are nascar!! as for cot its here if you dont like it dont watch a have choosen not to ! antway whats with cheerleading on espn a sport ????
Old 02-20-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by RustyJC
That's a tough argument to defend if one is driving a truck built in Mexico by a German company (as I am).

Rusty
yea your right about that, my bad... is ford the only one left building in usa?
oh well this should be a great nascar season. I kinda wish mark martin would have won the daytona, but its all fun
Old 02-20-2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by stickbow
I kinda wish mark martin would have won the daytona, but its all fun
Yep, I'm not a big NASCAR fan any more, but ole Mark deserved that one as many years as he's been trying.

Rusty
Old 02-20-2007, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by RickG
Hey , don't you watch the truck races ? Toyota has been around a while . NASCAR is a joke anyway . A Fusion is a race care ? Best driver/car combos ever ? Petty / Dodge , Pearson/Mercury , Roberts/Pontiac . Kulwicki or Allison hade great pontential in the T-Bird .
Toyota---Nascar not Arca
Old 02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by RustyJC
Yep, I'm not a big NASCAR fan any more, but ole Mark deserved that one as many years as he's been trying.

Rusty
Now that he's out of a ford, he has a chance....
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Mods, hope this ok!

I carried my 79 yr old uncle to LR back in Dec to buy a 2006 Ram 2500 (Hemi). Somewhere along the line the salesman mentioned Toyota. My uncle who is a WW 2 vet told him "back in 1943 the US gov told me they were my enemy." "They ain't never told me no different".
Old 02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mopardan
Mods, hope this ok!

I carried my 79 yr old uncle to LR back in Dec to buy a 2006 Ram 2500 (Hemi). Somewhere along the line the salesman mentioned Toyota. My uncle who is a WW 2 vet told him "back in 1943 the US gov told me they were my enemy." "They ain't never told me no different".
Some people still have strong beliefs this way.

My point in an earlier post was, Toyota probably wasnt even being built back when Dodge Ford and Chevy were racing. It is known as an American sport, not a foreign one, thus the reasoning of them not being allowed into NASCAR.

I know, I know, most of our vehicles are not American made, most of all the parts that we use are not even rebuilt or manufactured her in the USA. Cant change that now, but wish I could. I also dont remember any Toyota running shine (bootleggin) in the mountains either.

Yes I also remember the old Studebaker's and others racing in the sand. Wish we could go back in time.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:12 AM

There have been real crazy replies on this topic on other forums " Caterpillar is sponsoring Toyota . Does that mean they will put Cat engines in Toyota trucks ?" " Cat has their own race team . Why would they sponsor Toyota ?" ,and a UPS teamster got really irate about UPS sponsoring a non-union manufacturer . The sponsors go with the driver . Get over it .
Old 02-21-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dee-Dubya told me several times during the broadcast that Toyotas are built in the US, Dodges are built in Mexico and Canada, blah, blah. They're just as American as Ford, Chevy or Dodge. Umm, Toyota is a Japanese company with manufacuring plants in the U.S. The big three are American companies with manufacturing plants the other contries. I dont care if Toyota races, just dont get the cheerleaders lying to me. It doesnt matter much anyway, NASCAR has been NAR(ace)CAR for 20 years now. Maybe for the 2010 NARCAR season they can race Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs. Just slap a rollcage in and your there.

Quick Reply: Toyota ---Nascar??