Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Toyota ---Nascar??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wannadiesel
I'm not happy about it. What's wrong with having an American motorsport? I guess I'm just a xenophobe.

I totally agree! National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think NASCAR needs to start looking at what the Europeans are doing with the World Touring Car Championship.

MikeyB
Old 02-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would like to see some of the top drivers start their own league and screw NASCAR. They have been going down hill since the restrictor plates and dictating to the teams what air pressure and springs they HAVE to run. Taking the racing out of racing is all they are doing.

Toyota should not have been allowed in, just for the fact, they werent there from the start. I dont like the change, but then I dont watch it much any more. We used to go to Bristol every spring but havent been there for 3 years now.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
I'm not happy about it. What's wrong with having an American motorsport? I guess I'm just a xenophobe.
I agree. Hopefully the will get a major sponsorship from Target. That way there will be a huge bullseye on the side of the cars so the good ol' Dodge/Chevy and Furd boys will have a spot to aim for.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=GIT-R-DONE;1365066]I would like to see some of the top drivers start their own league and screw NASCAR. QUOTE]

That will NEVER happen.........
And where are they going to race? France family and ISC own most of the tracks that are raced on now. If anybody would start a league it would have to be the TEAM OWNERS not the drivers. NOBODY wants to risk the $$$ and time that they have invested to start a new league. WHY? Because it will fail.

You know the plates were put on there to keep the fans safe. The flying brick or COT will change everything, putting more control back to the driver/crewchief. It may be ugly but the racing will be much better.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 AM

there are also some differences in the engines between each make also. of course you cna not get them in a production car, but each one is a brand specific engine. Ford distributor in the front, chevy in the rear, Dodge=?, Toyota=?. Has toyota put a v-8 in a production car? That used to be a requirement, that whichever production car you decided to name your NASCAR cars, had to have a certain number of cars come off an assembly line with v-8 to tqualify it.

I wish they would go back to the old days of racing what they produce. Those ford torinos, gto's, and all the other vintage cars were fun to watch. i was not here then, but I love to watch ESPN classic races like that.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by HappyGA
I wish they would go back to the old days of racing what they produce. Those ford torinos, gto's, and all the other vintage cars were fun to watch. i was not here then, but I love to watch ESPN classic races like that.
I wish they'd go back even farther. The 406/427 Ford Galaxies, 409/427 Impalas, 421 Super Duty Pontiacs, 413/426 Dodges and Plymouths, etc. were based on actual production cars you or I could go into the showroom and purchase. To me, those were the "good old days".

Just the musings of an old man.

Rusty
Old 02-19-2007, 09:18 AM

I also heard that the bodies will all be identical next year or real near. (Cubic inch all the same) The only verables that will be left will be the driver and the crew.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:23 AM

Yep, the "Car of Tomorrow"....

Rusty
Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 AM

don't forget, they are working on an engine of tomorrow also. Who wants to bet on the make of that engine? I will say Chevy, them and NASCAR are good buddies.. NASCAR execs don't like Roush and his fords.. I know there is Yates also, but Jack is on their stinky list because he will say what he thinks...
Old 02-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RustyJC
I wish they'd go back even farther. The 406/427 Ford Galaxies, 409/427 Impalas, 421 Super Duty Pontiacs, 413/426 Dodges and Plymouths, etc. were based on actual production cars you or I could go into the showroom and purchase. To me, those were the "good old days".

Just the musings of an old man.

Rusty

The old Daytonas and Superbirds. . . That wold be cool !
Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

Dodge is owned by the Germans... is't Ford's CEO a frog?

it's a global economy unfortunately, and NASCAR is glorified Pro Wrestling w/ a better sound track. Bring on Toyota or Hyundai or whoever... it's gonna be the same exact car as every other car in the field, just like it is now *yawn*
Old 02-19-2007, 05:58 PM

So it will be a bigger IROC race pretty much? I like the older cars to, where you could go and buy one off the showroom floor.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:04 PM

arnt te blocks pretty much 350's anyways, arnt they all running the same motor already?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Toyota is here to stay Tony Stewart reminds me a little of old Dale Earnhardt..... move or be moved.

Nascar grew up from the deep south, and I now root for Dale Jr or Tony, I dont like seeing companies like ups or Cat going with toyota, but oh well times are a changin, and no one here can tell me that Toyota is just as American as the big three just because there built here Im too all American for that song and dance

Quick Reply: Toyota ---Nascar??