Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Toyota ---Nascar?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/toyota-nascar-137691/)

Mountaineer 02-18-2007 02:13 PM

Toyota ---Nascar??

What do you guys think of toyota joining Nascar.

Totallyrad 02-18-2007 02:44 PM

I think they have to go really, really fast. Seriously, I'm surprised they weren't there sooner.

dieselmedic 02-18-2007 04:11 PM

They have the only car in Nascar that is made in the USA.

Fronty Owner 02-18-2007 04:55 PM

I think Toyota is going to do in NASCAR exactly what they have done on the lots. Make everyone work a little harder

Copenhagenjunkie 02-18-2007 06:46 PM

Agree w/ all the above............

It will take some time before they start doing good (top 10 in the cup series) then look out. I was impressed that Blaney finished 2nd in the Busch race yesterday.

wannadiesel 02-18-2007 06:56 PM

I'm not happy about it. What's wrong with having an American motorsport? I guess I'm just a xenophobe. [tapdshut]

iker42 02-18-2007 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel (Post 1364738)
I'm not happy about it. What's wrong with having an American motorsport? I guess I'm just a xenophobe. [tapdshut]

Im with you. o by the way.. .Kasey Kahne avoided every single wreck and finished 7th.

Mike

Fronty Owner 02-18-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel (Post 1364738)

there is as much american in Toyota as any other. Only difference is where corporate headquarters is located.
We live in a global society now. for good or bad, thats the world today.

Copenhagenjunkie 02-18-2007 07:40 PM

I believe that most people are driver fans not a manufacturer fan. Ok I will admit it.............I am a Jeff Gordon fan and he just so happens to drive a chevy. I am happy as long as Jack Roach ([laugh]) isn't in the winners circle.

I know Mr. Roach had a secret agent put an addative in the gas of the 55 MWR car can't prove it though [tapdshut]

Begle1 02-18-2007 07:46 PM

Exactly how many of the parts on a NASCAR are brand-dependent, anyways?

Are the suspension, engine, driveline, chassis or body pieces that different between the "brands" anymore? I don't think that NASCAR has been about the brands for years. Now it's just about the drivers, and Toyota's presence won't change that.

I do consider Toyota just as American as the other two and a half, so I don't really care about them going into NASCAR. If they want to jump on the sinking ship, more power to them.

Fronty Owner 02-18-2007 07:49 PM

you see that little emblem in the middle of the grill??? thats the only difference from one car to anohter...

CASMOKIN 02-18-2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner (Post 1364831)
you see that little emblem in the middle of the grill??? thats the only difference from one car to anohter...

Aint that the truth!

Mountaineer 02-18-2007 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1 (Post 1364825)
If they want to jump on the sinking ship, more power to them.

I think that is exactly what it is. A sinking Ship. I wasn't a fan of the commercials either with their agenda and all, including the band. Making Nascar something that its not.

sherod 02-18-2007 08:00 PM

I tend to agree about being a "Drivers" race.

Was talking to my friend today during the race. She brought up the 50 year anniversary coming up. I thought she had a good idea.

Bring back the late 60's/early 70's Nascar cars for a celebration race. Make it a manufacturer race. Built production motors, on production cars.

SCHWEEEET

Ed

Fronty Owner 02-18-2007 08:12 PM

An entire year of pulling cars of the local dealers lot, putting roll cages in then and taking the glass out.

Lets see how gordon does with a frontwheel drive 4 cylinder automatic.....