Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Toyota to get the Cummins Rival!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think this will happen. Toyota trucks with gas engines already cost a premium, I can't imagine putting in a CAT diesel engine on top of that as well. Their trucks will cost $60K !!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:05 AM

We are talking the half ton tundra right? If so, no 1200 pound engine is going in that. Toyota is smart and that would be stupid. Hit the pedal and snap the rear end? Why not say its a going to be a cummins m11? why am I reading this I am outa here....
Old 11-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AAmeeting
We are talking the half ton tundra right? If so, no 1200 pound engine is going in that. Toyota is smart and that would be stupid. Hit the pedal and snap the rear end? Why not say its a going to be a cummins m11? why am I reading this I am outa here....
Toyota is working in a 3/4 and 1 ton truck. They need one to really compete in America.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:01 AM

who cares, the more competition, the better
Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LanceD
who cares, the more competition, the better
well said!!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 AM
KVD

I couldn't buy a toy taco 1 ton truck.

I would just feel like a poser and think it couln't pull anything.

I mean I would feel like I would have to change everything about my cause my truck is made by a "light duty" truck company. I would have to start drinkin light beer, smoke light cigettes, and eat more salads.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:53 AM

I think the guy was talking about

learning the Toyota Production System otherwise known as Lean Manufacturing.

You can read a little about it here: http://www.vorne.com/solutions/learning_center/tps.htm

Toyota is world famous for developing cutting edge manufacturing processes and philosophies. They approach quality as being the overriding goal in every activity they do, from the way that they stock their raw materials and sub-assembly components, to the way that the vehicles are shipped to the dealers. If you want to learn how to make something, it doesn't matter whether it is communications satellites or toothbrushes, go tour a Toyota Factory first.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:59 PM

It'll never happen, more silly rumors, who makes this stuff up?
Why does this seem so impossible? Toyota already has a cordial relationship with Caterpillar via Toyota Motorsports. It's supposed to be a 3/4 ton, 4 door Tundra with an 8 foot bed. Towing capacity is to be around 11,000 lbs. Release time is mid-2007.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:06 PM

I say bring on the big Toy's I love my Cummins but hate my Dodge and could be easily persuaded to go with a comparible CAT!! Of all the rigs I've owned I would say that the three toyotas have been the most reliable and fun to drive. Not to mention take one heck of a beating. JMO
Old 11-08-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by CSAGrey1
I say bring on the big Toy's I love my Cummins but hate my Dodge and could be easily persuaded to go with a comparible CAT!!
I agree completely. Even if all other things were equal, I'm pretty sure that after purchase service would be infinitely better than dealing with the crooks at DC, and the truck would probably be made in the US to boot.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:39 PM

I read Toyota spokesman saying "if we build a diesel truck it will have a toyota diesel" "we don't outsource parts now, we're not going to start. We don't want to run into the problems ford is having by using an outside engine manufacturer"

Give me some time and I'll find the article.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:39 PM

Smile

I just read on Car and Driver that the new Toyota will have a Cab that will make the new Mega Cab's size look standard among trucks!!!! WOW---I hope that everything that is being speculated comes true. A Toyota the size of a MC with a CAT Engine powering it!!!! Huh-I can see allot of Dodges sitting on Toyota lots after being traded in. C&D were not allowed to tell to much on there inital test of the new Tundra but I can be sure that Toyota will bring out something that is beyond what is on the market today and what is projected to be here in the near Future!!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by boostjunkie1
I just read on Car and Driver that the new Toyota will have a Cab that will make the new Mega Cab's size look standard among trucks!!!!
Does anyone need a bigger cab? I think the Mega-cab is already too big.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 AM

Read an article that Toyota is working with isuzu for the diesel engine in there trucks. Seems they have money invested in isuzu.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Does anyone need a bigger cab? I think the Mega-cab is already too big.
That's why they make motorhomes

Quick Reply: Toyota to get the Cummins Rival!!!!