Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Toilet paper ettiquette

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 PM
JKM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One is over... One is under... Figured a janitor would know the difference... Sheeeesh.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:39 PM
JKM

Secondly, upon review of the picture, you can easily tell that the quality of tear is far superior on the " under" side.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JKM
One is over... One is under... Figured a janitor would know the difference... Sheeeesh.
We don't have dispensers here in the DTR restrooms. The rolls are just placed on the top of the toilet tank.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM
JKM

I'm impressed that you finally got around to putting the lid back on the toilet tank. Bark kept trying to make the coffee in there.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by JKM
So I have been doing some research at the hotel... The results speak for them selfs!

I guess you didn't think about your reflection in the chrome paper holder being visible in the photo or you might have put your pants on before snapping the photo

Ha ha.....I made the rest of you look!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I guess you didn't think about your reflection in the chrome paper holder being visible in the photo or you might have put your pants on before snapping the photo

Ha ha.....I made the rest of you look!
That brings up the topic of:

TOILET PAPER TERRORISM
Old 08-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
That brings up the topic of:

TOILET PAPER TERRORISM
Obama and Pelosi put that on the threat list between Veterans and folks with a job
Old 08-10-2012, 01:41 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JKM
Secondly, upon review of the picture, you can easily tell that the quality of tear is far superior on the " under" side.
Whoa whoa whoa, not so fast.

First, my summary would be the roll on the left unrolls too much per pull because it is uncontrollable. That's why it has less. Lending credence to my theory.

Second, one can easily see there are two kinds of TP being compared here. A variable that I believe I mentioned as to the ease of making a clean tear at the perforations. The tp on the left has a round semicircle type pattern. The tp on the right has squares. I would be interested in you counting the number of stitches (for lack of a better term) of each perforation line. Also, are the size of the perforations the same? More research is in order.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Obama and Pelosi put that on the threat list between Veterans and folks with a job
I doubt that Obama or Pelosi even use TP.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 PM
JKM

I am no longer on site, but I am remotely monitoring the situation using the cameras cincy had hidden in the break room ( he was watching every move, but still can't get the coffee right)

I am going to say the perforation on the under roll, was actually stronger, just the superb directional fashion in which it has been mounted aids it in better dispensability. For the record, the paper on the right is softer, possibly even heavier ply, and double quilted, and overall it has still shown to be less desirable.... The facts speak for themselves here Shorts!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

As many of you scientifically inclined people know, the only way to get to the bottom of this was to conduct what is called a "double blind" test.
I don’t quite know how to do a double blind test but tried it anyway.
I set up a roll dispensing unit like in the picture where you have one roll over and one roll under.
I than put on a blind fold and turned out the lights.
I than attempted to utilize the rolls.
When I finally unmasked and turned on the lights I found that both rolls had been emptied with equal amounts in the toilet,
walls, ceiling and bottoms of my feet.
So my scientifically based conclusion is this:
It just doesn’t matter especially if you are not able to find your butt in the dark with both hands.
~
Old 08-11-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's not argue about over/under! Perhaps we should figure out ways to save tp! Remember to save the little "circle" you take out of the middle! You'll need it to clean under the finger nail!
Attached Thumbnails Toilet paper ettiquette-asswipe.jpg  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by JKM
The facts speak for themselves here Shorts!
Ahh, facts. Ok. Here's my facts.

And guys, stop poking your fingers through. You have to use technique, not brute force.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Based upon the voluminous amount of unobtainable information available from nominal sources, and the complete elucidation of the ambiguous supposedly indisputible results of this testing, I am applying for an honorable degree in the field of "Butt Wiping" from the college of hard knocks. I cannot see how any knowledgable board could refuse administering a degree to me in this field.

All favorable recommendations from the studious members of this illustrious group on this outstanding forum addressed to the governing board would receive my deepest gratitude.

Sincerely,

Robert "ButtWipe" King
Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Based upon the voluminous amount of unobtainable information available from nominal sources, and the complete elucidation of the ambiguous supposedly indisputible results of this testing, I am applying for an honorable degree in the field of "Butt Wiping" from the college of hard knocks. I cannot see how any knowledgable board could refuse administering a degree to me in this field.

All favorable recommendations from the studious members of this illustrious group on this outstanding forum addressed to the governing board would receive my deepest gratitude.

Sincerely,

Robert "ButtWipe" King

How does Mr Depends have working knowledge of butt wiping?

Quick Reply: Toilet paper ettiquette