Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Tinnitus (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/tinnitus-325143/)

ssandlin 05-18-2016 09:37 AM

Tinnitus

Anyone else here suffer from this? Mine started about 2 months ago and is really annoying. Went to the ENT and he gave me a bottle of Tinnifree to try, hope it works!

ftltmp 05-18-2016 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by ssandlin (Post 3304205)
Anyone else here suffer from this? Mine started about 2 months ago and is really annoying. Went to the ENT and he gave me a bottle of Tinnifree to try, hope it works!

If it works please let me know, I have been dealing with it for many,many ,years. Mine is really bad, I hope it works for you, if it does I will look into it.
Good luck, I know what you are going through.

Danderson 05-18-2016 10:49 AM

I've had it since January 16 2016.
Highly annoying.
Inadequate firearms ear protection.
There's an American Tinnitus association publication.

Lary Ellis (Top) 05-18-2016 11:52 AM

Yep I also suffer from it...too many rounds sent down range without proper protection or at least adequate protection. Keep us informed on how that stuff works for you.

Danderson 05-18-2016 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top) (Post 3304217)
Yep I also suffer from it...too many rounds sent down range without proper protection or at least adequate protection. Keep us informed on how that stuff works for you.

Unfortunately for me,it's not compatible with Eliquis my blood thinner.

NJTman 05-18-2016 06:05 PM

Had it for years from using power tools and rock music. It's always there, and if I expose myself to loud noise, it gets worse. It gets worse also if I eat salty foods, or better if I stay away from salt

Learning to live with it, and if I have low volume noise in the background, I can actually get to sleep at night

SIXSLUG 05-18-2016 07:18 PM

Dad was an ENT...blamed it on music, tools and gunfire. Unfortunately it is due to the breakdown of the hairs in the cochlea and they don't ever grow back or return to operating.

A friend of mine suffers from menards(sic) disease and has mentioned that making a huge reduction in salt intake has reduced his frequency of event and also seems to have reduced his tinitus...as NJT man mentioned above.

NJTman 05-19-2016 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by SIXSLUG (Post 3304261)
Dad was an ENT...blamed it on music, tools and gunfire.

A friend of mine suffers from menards(sic) disease and has mentioned that making a huge reduction in salt intake has reduced his frequency of event and also seems to have reduced his tinitus...as NJT man mentioned above.

A former doctor told me I also had menieres disease as well. I say former because that disease is symptomatic of vertigo ( sensation of spinning ) of which I've never had happen to me. Salt consumption can make what I have very uncomfortable, so I try to avoid heavy use most of the time.

If someone finds a natural cure, I'd be willing to try it as well.

sherod 05-19-2016 06:58 AM

Add me to the list. I have it constant in both ears. Also guilty of lots of gunfire and loud farm machinery and racing engines....

I have tried the OTC stuff of various kinds. Nothing has helped. I hardly use any additional salt, but thanks for the hint. Think I'll watch that closer.....

patdaly 05-19-2016 09:02 AM

Same thing here, between the guns, the full song BBC passes down the track, old age and the Glass industry, the little voices never leave these days.

I have largely gotten used to it and the only time I go nuts is if things are too quiet.

I can't sleep without the TV on.......

BarryG 05-19-2016 09:36 AM

I also have it. It wasn't too bad until last year. I got my first ear infection of my life last year and a double one to boot. I ended up blowing one of my eardrums. What a joy. In the past I had been able to tune it out for the most part or as NJT said low level background noise would help block it. However while ears and ear drum were recovering from that infection and perforation there were times when I would have a different tone in each ear and loud. I could not tune that out it was driving me crazy. fortunately that has stopped happening but general tinnitus is definitely worse than it was before I got the infection. And somewhat like Pat I go to sleep with the radio, ipod whatever on a timer. Seems once asleep even if I wake up later which happens every freaking night many times I am ok at that point as it doesn't seem to keep me awake then.

ssandlin 05-20-2016 08:41 AM

Update guys. The Tinnifree bottle has enough pills for a 15 day treatment. I've been on them a week now and notice no difference in the ringing in my ears.

Will update again once I've used the bottle up.

Danderson 05-20-2016 10:42 AM

If it's any comfort to us,Neil Young and Eric Clapton's got it too.
I imagine it's pretty prevalent in that occupation.
Distraction is helpful. Quiet's the worst thing.

ftltmp 05-20-2016 12:22 PM

I have to run a fan at night to drowned out the ringing.

NJTman 05-20-2016 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by ftltmp (Post 3304409)
I have to run a fan at night to drowned out the ringing.

Much more consistent than the wife farting in her sleep......

Ha ha!

I really meant me and the dogs, but any chance to pick on the wife is always taken....[laugh]