Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Therapy of your choice Breakroom 8/7-8/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Therapy of your choice Breakroom 8/7-8/13

Fishing is an excellent mental therapy. Wish I could do it. Last week of disability vacation, then back to work. Light duty meaning doing boring admin stuff.
Rain is forecast through Thursday. My poor sunflowers are crying fowl. Had mama and her to baby mice (that's more than 1 moose) in the front yard this morning along with the 2 rabbits.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice day today with sun and low humidity. Parts were supposed to be here at 1000. The guy taking the order didn't know that only one truck ran on Sunday. In the meantime, no lawn mowing or 'wheeler work as both are blocked into the shop with the truck with no parts.....

Was looking at the Gulf Coast forecast. Bobby is going to need his snorkel. 10-16 inches of rain coming in depending on the location.

Scotty--Glad to here the wee one is on the mend!
Old 08-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
No moose here but Jack Rabbits and prairie chickens are living around the neighborhood...for now. LoL
The grill is on.
Shoot season and shad up.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
No moose here but Jack Rabbits and prairie chickens are living around the neighborhood...for now. LoL
The grill is on.
Shoot season and shad up.
Not much on the Jacks, but I could use some Prairie Chicken! I'll get the grill started!

Funny story--Years ago when I was stationed in FL, I had to take a 2 week trip to Boise. A very green Lt. from Puerto Rico whined enough for me to take him with me.. The airport in Boise had mounts of Jack-a-lopes. I convinced him that they would attack at a moments notice, and the ones without horns were babies. For the first week, he could barely work because of looking over his shoulder! He never liked me much after that!!!
Old 08-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Killer Jackalopes

Ed you are just NOT right
Old 08-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
OK - - - NOW WHAT????? IT IS 4:20PM AND NO ONE HAS PUT ON EITHER COFFEE OR PH00. WHAT IS UP WITH Y00?

Guess I will have to make it if I want it. Making some delicious new blend of ph00 - - try it, y'all will luv it.

Originally Posted by sherod
Was looking at the Gulf Coast forecast. Bobby is going to need his snorkel. 10-16 inches of rain coming in depending on the location.

Scotty--Glad to here the wee one is on the mend!
Snorkel might not work for some. Went to BBQ after church - - coming home suddenly I could hardly see the road. Limit was 55 - - I was rolling 30 and I am used to Florida rain. Wow, palm fronds flying across the road and huge rain drops pounding the windshield. Kept looking up and out for the funnel cloud, but nothing. Went 4 blocks and no rain, no wind, just clouds overhead. Noted we had a bunch of stuff in the gulf. Fun.

Scotty - - so glad to hear the report on daughter. She is a sweety - - tell her hi from Nana and Grandy.

OK, going to relax with my ph00 and watch some Olympics. L8R
Old 08-07-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well I'm back at the house for a couple weeks before I take the camper on another trip I have to wash it this time to get the diesel black off the side of it. Any good ideas how to clEan it.

Just help wife string a bushel of beans now she's putting the up.

Dinner tonight is beans and a pon of cornbread
Old 08-08-2016, 10:25 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote-(Will Rogers) I no longer attempt to write comedy - I just follow the Government and report what i see !

Martha Stewart goes to jail for lying about insider trading on Stock Market -

Evidently this is more important than NATIONAL SECURITY !

Don`t know i`m totally confused >

WILL ROGERS IS STILL RIGHT TODAY
Old 08-08-2016, 11:46 AM

Not even back to work yet and my boss wants to put a wrench in my hand. The mice are still hanging around the yard. Almost walked into them walking the cat. Speaking of cats, I have spares. The wife left the catnip plants out and they are forming up a pride. The rabbits are sitting on the side lines thinking there goes the neighborhood.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:57 PM

My wife is attempting to talk me into bringing barn cat number 3 into the house....(She named it).

Had a chance to take off work early today to put calipers and new soft hoses on the 89. All ordered Saturday. Got to the store and found two right side calipers, 1 hose, and confused faces. Finally got the other caliper, but no hose until tomorrow. Sure am glad I have the lawnmower and everything else I need blocked in with the truck on stands.......I have had great luck in the past with this store but this time dealt with a new kid. I offered to show him what to do instead of just pushing buttons on the computer. Manager said he'd make it good for me, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe by Monday I'll have it together as the rest of week looks like a bust.

Cougar- You know I haven't had moose (mice) since I left MT. (Hint)
Old 08-09-2016, 06:06 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a slightly wet Paradise. Still nice down here in spite of some rain. Lots of rain and wind on Sunday night and came out on Monday morning to find tree branches laying across the front of the truck. Fortunately no damage, but spent hours removing the broken branches from the tree that I normally park under. Also did a lot of pruning. Not happy about using a chain saw while on top of a tall ladder, but managed to complete the job with no problems.

Made a special bucket of ph00 for that grumpy old guy that is always complaining about no ph00. Bring your own uglies. Hot coffee, special Mexican blend is ready, plus a few fresh Mexican munchies. Try a bowl of mixed fresh cut papaya, watermelon, pineapple, mango, guava, cantaloupe and cactus fruit.

Been fighting access to DTR the last couple of days. Made some changes to the settings in my VPN on Sunday and discovered that it blocked access to two sites, DTR being one of them. Changed servers on the site and DTR has come back, but the other site says 403 FORBIDDEN. Disconnect from my VPN and everything works. Strange!

Enjoy your day wherever you may be. Try not to look at any news - especially political.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:28 AM

Rained hard last night, thunder storms. Had to close the windows to keep the rain out. Another therapy session today. Found out through the bill they sent to workman's comp I have some sort of implant in my wrist now. Make me wonder why they didn't tell me. I guess that explains the extra hour on the butcher table.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:18 PM

Had to find out from my occupational therapist that the orthopedic surgeon put 2 screws in my wrist.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Had to find out from my occupational therapist that the orthopedic surgeon put 2 screws in my wrist.
I found out I had surgical clips while doing another MRI. Just hope they got all the tools out..........

Glad you are doing better!
Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar

Are you now literally screwed? Boy, could I have fun with that word and your situation.

Quick Reply: Therapy of your choice Breakroom 8/7-8/13