Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thee Newly Renovated Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 05:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thee Newly Renovated Breakroom

Buffet style spread for olive ewe.

hanyday
Old 11-11-2018, 05:32 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
What's on the sterno racks?

I'm hungry
Old 11-11-2018, 06:36 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from way down here, the city that is currently catering to that big caravan heading your way. Another gorgeous day dawning here. The mornings are cooling off recently, but by 9 or 10 a.m. the sun warms everything up wonderfully.

Not sure what all that stuff is that Scotty has so generously spread out, but it sure tastes and smells good. Even the dragon is hovering over some of the dishes. Noticed it/him/her drooling in some of them. Hmmmm, dragon drool gravy! What renovations?

Refilling my coffee cup, adding some honey and continuing my busy morning.

Ciao.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:16 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Its a virtual Buffet.
you think it and it appears

I thought 🥩 and 🍳
Old 11-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Yum! Good Morning!
Old 11-11-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Freezing rain outside, a leak from an old wood stove chimney inside.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning, Veterans. Thank you for your service!

Clear and cold here this AM. Currently at 37 deg. F with a low overnight of 29. Looks like we'll dip down to below freezing again tonight.

Today would be a good day to go to the range and expend some ammo.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Finally slowed down enough to see what the activity is. Not sure about this virtual reality stuff - - - I imagined a big ole red lobster broiled sitting on my
plate and vooaalllaaa - - there are 11 cockroaches instead. What is with that?

Gorgeous day in Florida today - - busy week ahead. More dentist appointments too. Hopefully that will be it for a while - - my wallet cannot stand a
lot of that stuff.

No ph00, so I will wander on down the street. L8R
Old 11-12-2018, 09:11 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
47° and rained all night and yesterday afternoon. Dr this morning to get my stitches removed.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:25 AM

Welcome to Monday.

Coffee sipping time is over. I will be spending some time today updating the Artist's website and FB pages with new product pictures and a bit of advertising for a series of upcoming sales. I also have some family business to attend to over the next couple of days so that will be fun.

I retired just a bit over a year ago. Two firms have sought me out and made some very attractive 3 to 5 year employment contract offers last week. I need to make a decision by the end of this week if I will go back to work and who I will be working for. I've been working for myself this past year and, frankly, the boss is a bit of a PITA.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good afternoon!

I put supper in a pot on the stove it is almost ready! dig in guys it probably wont last long!

Yum Possum stuffed with rice, cabbage, carrots and taters yum yum!

Old 11-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I must say, Lary - - - we don't see you for days and suddenly you show up with something like this. Amazing. Must admit, looks good. Been
a long time since having some possum - - - last one was cooked over campfire and was very good. Had gator and possum that night after
a long day of hunting in the everglades. We have been missing you around here.

No ph00 and too late to make it now. Y'all sleep well tonight.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
That's not what I envisioned eating possum was like, but I digress...

Newly Remodeled Breakroom ! Perfect timing.

22 or 23 years back, wife and I had little money, so we used the charge card to buy some homeocheape-o windows. Silver Line was the company that made them, and when I received the order, the windows didn't have any "new construction" mounting flanges on them, as I had ordered. Windows went back, and eventually I got them. I installed them, and didn't put much effort into the detailing of the flashings on them, and fast forward to today.

2 decades of water entering this one window (haven't found any other windows with the same issue, and you can see the devastation it causes to the sheathing and rim board of the house. The jack and king stud are okay, just discolored, as the plywood acts as the sacrificial material, most of the time. I unfortunately, flashed the bottom incorrectly, and caused the rim board to rot out again, as I had replaced that very same rim board when I did the windows and siding 2 decades ago. So... doing the same thing twice is what I consider a total fail, as if you don't do it right the first time, why bother ?

This time, all the flashings will be detailed correctly, as 20 more years in the industry has shown me a thing or two.

Ugh... What a pain, but then again... at least I can do it and not have to pay $2k to have someone else come in and do it.. New siding / sheathing and tyvek to come.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:09 PM

Monday proved to be more productive than I had planned. I was drafted to glaze in some of the wife's art glass into an old wood window frame I had prepped earlier this year. It turned out pretty nice and I think her customer will be pleased.

Then I got back to work on finishing the auxiliary lighting install on my truck. I had already updated the low beams to HID bulbs and ballasts and had LEDs stuck in the foglights. I wanted a bit more light for running at night on the country roads. I also wanted more for backing so that got wrapped up as well. I was on a roll!

The following users liked this post:
NJTman (11-16-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 12:11 PM

Today I'm being domestic. Got a little laundry going and will cook the Mrs. brunch/lunch/linner when she gets home from teaching her class.

I am also trying to decide which, if any, job offer I'm gonna take. But I am leaning towards taking a job to keep the one brain cell I have left from turning to mush. Now...which one...

Quick Reply: Thee Newly Renovated Breakroom