Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Tell me about dogs, seizures, paralysis, and pinched nerves, disc's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bud I know what your going through, we had to put our little bud down about 1 month ago, he was 8 years old, he was one of the smartest most loving friends I could ever have, they love you unconditional, the main thing that we had to deal with is not let him suffer (cancer) no matter what you do it will not be easy, I know the position your in.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talk about digging up an oldie. Glad to hear shes been doing ok and sorry to hear of her latest tribulations.

Wish you all the best prayers.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:53 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey John!!! hope retirement is treating you well, "kids" and gkids well.

seizures come from the chemical build up of the tumor, nerve damage (like too much electricity) activates the muscle jumps.

cancer is pain no matter what. BUT a dog loves to be with their people!!!! when they cannot walk or it is too difficult , use a wagon- for thirty bucks you are still taking a treasured activity with your pet. good for both, heals the losing....

lay on the floor and rub the shoulders, hips for your pet. eases a cancer dog's pain and strengthens the bond, if they could talk,they would tell you thank you for giving me comfort and friendship. worth a ten minute chunk of time....again, heals the losing.

stay centered chief, all is well. tell susan she is awesome!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Man the only thing I hate about having dogs is seeing them go. We had a lab mix I got when I was in elementary school (I'm 26 now) and we just lost her last year at almost 15 years old, had lumps all over her chest. Had a handful of seizures in young age, then one every other month or so in her later years. Her hips were going as well, but still kept up with the 2 westies we have most of the time. Her last 2 days were tough, had 5+ siezures while my wife was watching her day one, day two was just one last seizure and rest.

Anyways, most of us have stories of losing dogs and they all suck! Good for you having a few good years after not looking so good. Best of luck!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Hey John!!! hope retirement is treating you well, "kids" and gkids well.

seizures come from the chemical build up of the tumor, nerve damage (like too much electricity) activates the muscle jumps.

cancer is pain no matter what. BUT a dog loves to be with their people!!!! when they cannot walk or it is too difficult , use a wagon- for thirty bucks you are still taking a treasured activity with your pet. good for both, heals the losing....

lay on the floor and rub the shoulders, hips for your pet. eases a cancer dog's pain and strengthens the bond, if they could talk,they would tell you thank you for giving me comfort and friendship. worth a ten minute chunk of time....again, heals the losing.

stay centered chief, all is well. tell susan she is awesome!!!
Golden advice in my book!