Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Summer's a Cummin's Brakeroom - 4/17 - 23

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 06:28 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Gee - - - sure lonely in here. Coffee and ph00 pots are 2/3 full. Boooo!!!!!

Fresh coffee and ph00 are now a broo,
awaiting the arrival of all of yoo.

Hey, I can do it. ...................................
Man, I am just good.

Out to whip some more alligators. Have a gudurn.

Bob
Old 04-20-2016, 06:49 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Dangit, spilled my coffee......
Old 04-20-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Went to the Dr, pneumonia. Back on antibiotics, taking sick leave. Back to bed.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Long day tied to the Computers. Unplugging and eating supper. "

"Bye"!
Old 04-20-2016, 04:21 PM

Evening gang. Hope the day was a good one. Got lots done today. Put in new water softener. Man that thing is smart. I have a monitor like a TV remote control that sits in the house showing me water usage instant, average, over the past week, condition of the softening process, how much salt is left, I can program in when to go into recharge, how hard my water is to control the process, it will warn me when salt is low. This thing is slick Willie. Just way too expensive. Oh well, just money.

Made some fresh ph00 .....................

Supper is calling - - - well, the blonde is calling. Better go - - don't want her bopping me in the head. L8R

Bobby
Old 04-21-2016, 04:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Pickle pucker phoo goo for ewe no who, YAY!
Several different choices at the buffet today.
Stop complaining and eat it anyway.
Have yerself a good day, eh.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:26 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Chowing down on the breakfast buffet...thanks Scotty
Old 04-21-2016, 06:56 AM

Wow - Scotty rose from the dead. .................................

.......and brought food

.....................and made ph00

.................................and told us to have a good day.

OK big boy - - promise to have a good day - - after I chow down and have
............PH00..............................YAAA WHOO.

Gone.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:50 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I toiled late into the night
Ensuring everything's just right
My share of work is now complete
It's ready for thst rock in sheets
But as they hang and mud drywall
I must get back on the ball
Window and trim that were painted bright yellow
Need scraped clean of psint, ain't I just a lucky fellow?
But today I think I'll sit and rest
So tomorrow I can do my best
Old 04-21-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This weekend is Thunder Over Louisville, part of the Kentucky Derby Celebration. I have spent all week running background checks on the multitudes who are wanting to visit the Base to view the aircraft in the airshow. I can now say, I truly despise anyone who wants to look at parked aircraft. Saturday, I am the lead Controller/dispatch for the Security team. In the words of some actor, "I pity the fool" that irritates me........

Now for a hopefully nice quiet evening with me and the house critters.......
Old 04-21-2016, 05:39 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
G'day. I see that the usual fine fellows here are doing their usual outstanding job of "communicating". Weird, but do admit that it is fun to read. Some of you definitely are ................... well maybe I will not go there.

I see that this place is somewhere between dead and deader.

BusyBob, when you find out how a retired person can relax and twiddle their thumbs, please let me in on the secret.

Just finished installing new Carli ball joints in my truck. Sure glad that I have a professional press to help me do this job, because I can see that it would be impossible with a mickey mouse tool. For years now, one front tire has been wearing in a very strange pattern and even some chunks tearing out of the tread. Have spoken to many tire shop 'experts' and various mechanics, but nobody could figure out the problem. Now think I know the cause. Many years ago a 5 star Dodge dealer in Texas installed new ball joints for me. Did not know it, but the upper ball joints they installed were camber adjustable. The upper ball joint on one side was not tight, so the camber could change randomly. Found this out when I tried to loosen the nut and the whole thing just spun. Ended up by cutting the nut off with a torch. Fortunately the taper in the knuckle was not damaged. Now to get an alignment and two new tires. Going to go with Yokohama's again. Think that I am the only one of this site that uses Yokohama's.

Anybody else have any trouble getting into the Autozone site? For about a week now every time I try I get a "403 Forbidden" message. Can access the Mexican Autozone site with no problem, but when I click on their US link, back comes the 403. Yes, I cleared my cache.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:46 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Stan,
I have run Yokohama Geolander AT-S on my '01 for years and I have a set of 315/75/r16s on my '95 2500 right now too.

Cool, that you may have solved the tire wear issue.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 AM

Mornin gang - - - fresh coffee and ph00 are on the counter - - no time to fix anything else. Off to nursery for more plants, sod, mulch - - still not done in that yard. Think I will go buy a condo - - 20th floor on the bay. No plants, no grass, no mulch, no weeds, nuthin to do but - - - - uhhhh, sit and talk with you guys. HMMM????? on second thought, think I will buy a bigger house, with more grass, plants, mulch, bigger pool, more stuff to do. YEH - - keeps me ou of trouble.

L8R
Old 04-22-2016, 10:43 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
Stan,
I have run Yokohama Geolander AT-S on my '01 for years and I have a set of 315/75/r16s on my '95 2500 right now too.

Cool, that you may have solved the tire wear issue.

Been using the Geolander H/T-S LT315/70R17 for years and am very happy with them, even when towing my RV. My local dealer does not have these tires in stock, but does have the AT-S, so will go with them. They have virtually the same specs as the Michelin's and are quite a bit cheaper.

Now that I have new ball joints, the steering wheel is no longer centered. Guess that says a lot about the bad ball joints. Going in on Monday for the new tires and the alignment.

Bob, thought that you were retired and handing out advice on how to take it easy?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bob, thought that you were retired and handing out advice on how to take it easy?
Como esta???? Hey, who you been talking to? I need to talk to whoever told you that cuz maybe they truly know who is handing out such info - - - you can come with me. .................

Just came in from another full day in the yard planting, laying some sod, pulling weeds, mulching. DUH. Don't know when to quit. Need 20 more bags of mulch and will be done. That will be 80 bags for this spring. OUCH, my aching back - - - and arms - - and legs - - - and feet - - - - and head - - - and - - - well, you get the idea. Gotta quit doing this stuff. Keep telling the wife maybe we should go buy a condo on the gulf about 20 floors up. No weeds, no grass to mow, bushes to trim, trees to cut, roof to clean, pool to clean, drive to clean, walk to clean, outside walls to wash and paint. Wow, more I talk about it the better it sounds. Just sit in the porch, look out over the water, drink ph00, read a book, go work out, cool off in the pool and go walk the beach. DUH, what am I doing here???

OK, refill and hit the shower......................

Quick Reply: Summer's a Cummin's Brakeroom - 4/17 - 23