Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Start your week here break room

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 06:28 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
GOOD MORNING DTR Faithful!!! up and ready for this weekend, came home last night to hunters at my house. someone did not get the memo... no worries they were all snuggled in and cuddled around the tv remote...trying to figure it out.

granola bar for me and pancakes, scrambled eggs, maple sausage and fruit all set up, come eat! then sit in the rainy woods and fall asleep....
Wow, looks good -- - grabbing some, but all these "hunters" really lowered the amount available. See you made coffee and ph00 tOO. Good girl - - ya did good.

Me gone to get work done. ..........................
Old 11-14-2015, 07:08 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from - yup, you guessed it, Paradise! A bit cloudy at the moment, but the sun will soon break some of that up.

Came in to the breakroom, (glad that it is no longer tilting) for some coffee. Could not find anything to eat, so between the hunters and HungryBob, everything got cleaned out.

Fought with a fridge yesterday. Wife complained that there was lots of water draining into the fridge part from the freeze. Figured that it was just a clogged drain and therefore easy to fix. Wrong!!!! The drain was clogged, with solid ice for almost 6''. I know that it was 6" because I poked up from the bottom with a fish wire, so could measure it. Removed the back cover inside the freezer and it took a long time with a heat gun to thaw out all the ice that had accumulated everywhere. No access to the drain line from outside, so had to thaw out the pipe thru the drain hole. No fun. All the stuff that was in the freezer is sitting in ice chests, so was trying to work fast. Got everything back together and it now works fine, but for some reason the compressor now does not shut off. Scratching my head on this one as I never went near the thermostat or anything associated with it. I must have done something to cause this new problem, but what?

This morning will be installing an ultrasonic backup alarm in my wife's car. Hopefully that job will not take too long. Think that the hardest part will be to figure out where to drill the required four 1" holes in the rear bumper. Or maybe the hardest part will be to run 12 volts up under the dash to the monitor or whatever you call the dash thingy. Plus find a suitable ground.

Another weekend is here, so enjoy it. Anybody get any bargoons for Black Friday? We have the equivalent down here and that is the time I stay well away from all the hoards of crazy shoppers inundating the malls.

Remember what I said about the stock markets for yesterday? Anybody watch the markets for this last week? This long overdue slide could well continue into next week.

Outa here for now.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
-7° (that's 7 below zero for you tropical folk) this AM. Cold and clear. Out watching the Northern Lights. What a show.
Another unamusing week at work. Had so many people yelling at me I started telling people where to stick it (I'm being polite). After my boss and his boss heard the truth (I was recording these conversations), they backed me up rather than fire me. Trying to clear out a hangar and 7 offices with zero instructions on what to move and what to toss. I started getting this, why did you throw that away? And why are you keeping this junk? All from different people. Then this pencil pusher from another office who knows nothing about aircraft starts in on me about required aircraft maintenance. Then our server went down in the hangar. No computers and no phones the rest of the day. Thank you Friday the 13th.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:15 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
faxing you a hot toddy of your choice! bad situation with bad people in below zero outside temps...... my bad day is looking pretty good.
sending you patience, a sticker that warns people to stay away from you, and earplugs. hope something gets better for you....

stan, unplug the fridge and replug to re set the compressor. or wait and I'll be down to do it myself.....snicker

drove to different places, did stuff. got nothing of my own accomplished. still weird weather for hunting, biting wind means deer are in the deep ravines, hunters up top in the woods. no venison coming in tonight.....
Old 11-14-2015, 05:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Only one bang heard around my parts today. First day of modern gun. I don't go our unless the Grand wants to go as now I'm the only one at home who likes venison. I DID make a nice tenderloin though to "get the smell right".

Ended up at the community airport and volunteered to help clean and rearrange the mx hanger. Winter project of an old Citabria (Recover and whatever else) and a 172 now in place. Got a purchase offer on one of the best 150's available right now. Just can't figure a way to swing the deal. Oh well, renting has it's benefits.

See ya in the new "room."
Old 11-15-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
-10°. Need I say more? Roxie doesn't want to go outside, neither do I.