Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Start your week here break room

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 06:29 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning folks. Another beeeeuuuutiful day dawning down here. Fall is in the air as it is quite cool in the mornings lately, but quickly warm up once the sun comes up.

Just got my new laptop fired up for the first time yesterday and as I loaded the various programs am constantly amazed at the multitude of bloatware garbage that keeps on popping up and acting like legitimate programs that appear essential for the operation of the computer. I think I spent more time deleting stuff than installing stuff.

Coffee and ph00 are ready.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Ahhh - - - ph00 - - - thanks Stan................

Busy day - - take sis-in-law to get her flu shot, get mine, off to Costco and spend money, then get ready for meeting this evening. I have to give a presentation on future plans. Oh joy.

Later,

Bob
Old 11-12-2015, 09:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks Stan another day another project last warm day here for a little bit 60s today fourties tommorow

I had a great day yesterday out and about with my wife life's getting better
Old 11-12-2015, 11:44 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear Clint! everyone deserves the life they lead....(old cowboy saying) glad you are on track and laughing...

Larry should be too! send out the sheep to find him...Laaaaaarrrrrrrrryyyyyyy

Stanimal, glad you have laptop tamed. keep posting about beautiful weather, I can dream....

Scottycanuck, be safe as you travel where the wild weather woes.....

NE, don't know which end of the state but wow- keep the rubber side down.

getting my chain jerked here, keep calm and carry on today. might organize something to clear the mind.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Huh? somebody calling me?....under the truck fixing stuff that taint quite broke yet but give me a little time I am working on it
Old 11-12-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
A good day started with coffee with my Bride this morning as I had a modified shift. Tied to the NCIC computer all day, but got relieved early. After that, quick errand to town with the Bride to install new POW/MIA flag on the bank pole. 50 mph winds ripped out one grommet. Glad she had an extra.

Sat night is supposed to be in the 20's. Bye bugs! I might just light a fire and enjoy it with the Bride!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:11 AM

Morning all - - it's Friday - - wow, nuther week about in the cooler. Fresh coffee and ph00 are brewed and fresh baked pumpkin bread - - the blonde is getting ahead of things a bit with her baking.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
getting my chain jerked here, keep calm and carry on today. might organize something to clear the mind.
Heidi - - we gotta get the welder out and cut those chains - - I'm working hard on it - - cut one last night, but won't happen until February. Opting out with mixed emotions. Love to help where I have knowledge and experience, but sometimes you just have to say "love to, but no time."
Grabbing mine................................

Gone!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:43 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning! Thanks Bob for the coffee and pumpkin bread
Old 11-13-2015, 06:54 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mmm coffee bread and raw pumpkin.

Lots of stuff happening but I managed to put the brakes on for the wknd, hopefully. Father in-law is not doing well, prognosis not good.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:07 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning peoples and sheeples. A few clouds this morning, but it made for a pretty sunrise.

Spent some time yesterday going thru many GB's of photos on SD cards, editing and transferring the desired photos to a DVD. That is very time consuming. Now need to take the CD's to Costco to get some prints made.

Did you know that when you rearrange the letters for;
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA it comes out as; AN ARAB BACKED IMPOSTER

Today is Friday the 13th. Any triskaidekaphobians here? Today could be quite interesting in the financial world.

Off to see what I can do to leave a mark around me. No, no, no, not the kind of mark male dogs leave everywhere!

Old 11-13-2015, 08:45 AM
DTR Mom

Morning Glories!
Stan, sure you weren't on google? trich..fear of fri the 13th.glad the pic work put you in a good frame..(pun) of mind.

Ed, glad you get to sneak a little couple time in. not ready for 20s up here in
mtns of new York and it is screwing up all the animals. 60s next week.

Fiver, yes. yes. actually used the term ;opt out. forcing myself to get my stuff done. guess we are not programed selfish, lol.

ok, list of annoyance: missing cordless saw I just used
cat was on laptop keyboard, thinks it is a petting station. teaches me about the computer (when she hits combo keys). now my computer is ticking, as if hitting the wrong key will make it explode. also have to undo lock on repeated keystrokes. real l y slows down typing.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:05 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Had a friend, bent on saving fuel, whose cat used to lay on top of the CRT monitor to keep warm. Leaped down onto the keyboard frequently causing all kinds of "help me" calls. Also had to blow and vacuum the fur out of the monitor about every six month.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by j_martin
Had a friend, bent on saving fuel, whose cat used to lay on top of the CRT monitor to keep warm. Leaped down onto the keyboard frequently causing all kinds of "help me" calls. Also had to blow and vacuum the fur out of the monitor about every six month.
Cats hate these new (well, now old, aren't they) LCD/LED monitors. Only a kitten can park on top of one of them.

Sure pretty down here today - - 78 for a top out, 62 last night - - flowers everywhere - - black snake is sunning himself beside front door - - keeps the wrong people away. .........

refill..................
Old 11-13-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
We've had 2 LONG black snakes living under our sidewalk for about 3 years now. I love it when people see them as they are used to us not bothering them.

Wifey needed a quick oil change in her car. Zippitdy-do-da, done.... Now the long process of cleaning the floor after a gallon of oil ran out of the pan when it split while I was moving it. Glad I could steal the kitty litter for my Bride's cats!

Took the Bride to breakfast in the 78 Magnum. Decided to test the Friday 13th thing. All good, back home without a rollback!

Off to do something else....
Old 11-14-2015, 05:48 AM
DTR Mom

trying this again....
GOOD MORNING DTR Faithful!!! up and ready for this weekend, came home last night to hunters at my house. someone did not get the memo... no worries they were all snuggled in and cuddled around the tv remote...trying to figure it out.

stupid windows update shut this down right before I could post...grrrr

granola bar for me and pancakes, scrambled eggs, maple sausage and fruit all set up, come eat! then sit in the rainy woods and fall asleep....

Quick Reply: Start your week here break room