Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Start your week here break room

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Start your week here break room

Renovated the kitchen. It's all controlled by your phone apps or telepathy.
Think what you want and poof there it is.

No more complaining about who didn't do anything.

The breakroom is self cleaning too.
Think 'clean' and the room tilts to the back and the pressure washer comes on...voila! Presto Cleano!

Works OK, a few glitches but hasn't killed anyone yet.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Scotty, good plan. Lots of thought and effort. The failure point is the dragon. Seems he got dizzy from the changing colors and tilting floor. The pressure washer is kinda melted and there is a steam pile of something in the middle of the floor.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good morning DTR hope everyone is having a great day!....

I made the mistake of trying Scotty's "Telepathy" method and know I will NEVER try that again

I know it is my fault but I couldn't help it I had this sudden image of Scotty showing off his LEGGS wearing a pink Tutu enter my mind and it became SHOCKINGLY far too real

Now I must poke out my minds eye with a red hot poker..the sooner the better! ....oh the humanity!
Old 11-08-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Reminds me of the movie Beethoven's 5th where he cleans the kitchen with a fire hose.

21° and mostly cloudy, turning to snow by late this afternoon. They are saying 4" to 8" overnight. Hey boss, snowed in, can't get to work.

Trouble with telepathy is dirty thoughts can turn to dirty deeds. FOOD FIGHT!
Old 11-08-2015, 03:06 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Having raised 9 kids in the country, I often mused about a concrete house with concrete furniture, and a 1 1/2" plant hose for wash down.

Got the buck quartered and in a refrigerator. Way too warm here to let it hang. Hitting 60 every day. Meat was 36° this morning. About 50 when I cut it down after church. Going to have to grind or can the whole thing without being able to age it.

The quarters totaled about 145 lbs. Should yield about 80% boneless.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening everybody veteran reconrection day at church cool and sunny busy week coming have a good one
Old 11-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Somebody check outside, I think BobbyDependable and Stanadian are involved with one of the 'issues' I encountered with this new room.
Sorryboutdat

Dear ole Legged one, think salamander, your eyes will grow back via more telepathy.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Well, being as my phone doesn't have apps, and I'm basically telepathetic, I feel reasonably safe from this futuristic break room.

Strange weather thus far. Couple nights below -10c, but even at -5, we've been getting these Chinook winds. Definitely not right, just like me.

Added another couple trucks to the fleet, proving that misery does indeed love company. Many projects on the go, with absolutely nothing nearing completion. Look at me gooooooooo!!!
Rememberance day on the 11th. A moment of silence at 11 am, then continue as normal form. The folks we're paying tribute to, didn't put their lives on the line so that we can be lazy. They sure as heck didn't take a stat holiday in the middle of getting their butts shot off.

Thanks to those serving for the good, and to those who came before.

Have a good week people.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One will come along , NE. remember, women are never on YOUR schedule..lol
She better hurry up. I'm about a half step from being a full-blown grumpy old man.
All 3 of my sisters married sailors, all 3 are divorced from their sailors too.
My dad was a Sargent in the Army. Served in Korea. He trained to be a cook, but wound up in a tank. You go where they send you.
I never served,,,,, directly. The rest is subject to security regulations.
When I was at Schneider, I became friends with one of the mechanics. His dad was Air Force, and got into a program that trained AF pilots to land on carriers so he could go to Vietnam. After his dad was shot down and killed, his mom married into the Navy.
Then he joined the Army.
Claimed that him and one other man in his unit had clearance to be in the one radar trailer during desert storm (they turned back at the Iraqi border), they were getting faint blips that no one else was getting. After watching the sky with a full moon, they figured out they were picking up the stealth bombers.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yesterday I helped my friend tear down his 450 crawler that mentioned last week. Got it down to the bare block. Now waiting on him to get the new parts. He had ran it out of oil due to an unknown leak. Not near the carnage I thought there would be. Must have been sloppy enough to get by.

One weird thing, as I was digging dirt from around the flywheel, I found the rusted and busted hulk of a starter nose piece. I guess now we know why there were times he heard a tinkle sound....It appeared to have been in there for a LONG time.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

^^^ that sounds like my Elder Twin!
He keeps finding loose parts, parts that aren't his and stuff from parts unknown on and in his carcass.

The temps at home have been unusually warm. 54 yesterday. Normal high should be 32 ish.

I adjusted the settings on the hydraulic tilt for the room. It works much faster. Sensitivity for telepathogenic, telepathetic, telephones and telefriend you care has been set for a lower voltage too.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I adjusted the settings on the hydraulic tilt for the room. It works much faster. Sensitivity for telepathogenic, telepathetic, telephones and telefriend you care has been set for a lower voltage too.
What on earth happened around this place. T'aint rite. Sumpin horbl rong. No coffee, ph00, donuts -- - nuttin. T'aint rite...................
Oh well, knowing some that hang out around here, how can I expect less? Fresh coffee and ph00 are on and fresh pumpkin bread. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by j_martin
Got the buck quartered and in a refrigerator. Way too warm here to let it hang. Hitting 60 every day. Meat was 36° this morning. About 50 when I cut it down after church. Going to have to grind or can the whole thing without being able to age it.
Good looking animal - - been too long since I brought one down. Gotta think and plan about that.

Family could not pull plans together to hang out on Thanksgiving, so daughter put together an "early" Thanksgiving bash out at the ranch - - or so we thought. Son and DIL from Jax came down and stayed with us. So we gathered up SIL and went out. All looked normal, greetings out at the drive, up to house where daughter took our hands, made us close our eyes explaining some major changes in the living room so close your eyes. Stumbled in - - OK, take a look. Here is a huge banner hanging from ceiling - - - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD - - (I quickly noted MOM always comes before DAD - - LOL). Our birthdays are two months apart, so she put this together between the days. Looked down - - living room is jammed with family and friends from both her side and mine. Cars all hidden behind barn. Grandkids, nieces and nephews, BIL, kids everywhere. Then, someone came up behind us and here is our son from Seattle. Wow, absolutely complete and well hidden surprise. What a day. Still have company at our house with our two sons. We will remember that one for a long time.

OK, grabbing my ph00 and go wake up everyone..............

Have a great day - - we will - - promise.

ThankfulBob
Old 11-09-2015, 09:01 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning Morning opportunities abound!! lets get to it!

winter wonderland this AM with half inch of frost. sunny though, so I know I will be doing something outside.

had a morning meeting in the local village, I usually look around for the neediest customer and secretly pay for his/her breakfast, makes me feel good. ugh! I was the shambly one with barn boots, carpenter pants and a hoodie....breakfast was guuuud! snicker

2 cups of tea this AM to fire me up!

Scottycanuck, the hitech breakroom of the future needs tweeking- I keep hearing the radio station through my fillings....
JM, mmmmmm venison. my dinner was excellent. Thanks for the idea!!
it's cold here, I'll offer to keep your venison......har har
Coug, still not looking forward to slick driving. all newly paved roads around here are going to be e ticket adventure rides.....
Old 11-09-2015, 11:40 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Claimed that him and one other man in his unit had clearance to be in the one radar trailer during desert storm (they turned back at the Iraqi border), they were getting faint blips that no one else was getting. After watching the sky with a full moon, they figured out they were picking up the stealth bombers.
Hand a dear friend that was , in a trailer , in Desert Storm. Committed suicide a few years back. PTSD. Another friend that was , on a ship , in Desert Storm. He drank himself to death. PTSD. Another friend that was , in an undisclosed location , during Dessert Storm. He ODed. PTSD. Most of my Vietnam era friends fared better as well as my WW2 friends.
Disappointed, didn't get the snow they where warning us about. Got about an inch last night.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is it Monday already - again?
Woke to snow, more on the way.

Trying to stay positive while swimming against the tide.

Hope y'all have a good, safe week.

Quick Reply: Start your week here break room