Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   The "Spring has Sprung" breakroom..wipe your feet when entering 4/15/2012-4/22/2012 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/spring-has-sprung-breakroom-wipe-your-feet-when-entering-4-15-2012-4-22-2012-a-302384/)

Lary Ellis (Top) 04-14-2012 11:17 PM

The "Spring has Sprung" breakroom..wipe your feet when entering 4/15/2012-4/22/2012

Here we go again with another fine week of Spring like weather....this means, storms, rain, snow and just about anything good old Mother Nature can dream up for us.....go out there and enjoy it folks :)

madhat 04-14-2012 11:37 PM

Evenin/Mornin Top.

Hope everyone in the mid west makes it tonight,, lots of bad storms going on.

Lary Ellis (Top) 04-15-2012 12:01 AM

Morning Gunny, wish you were out this way I am sipping on a small jug of Apple pie shine I made about 15 yrs ago and stirring it with a cinnamon stick. I put it away for my BD and didn't open it up till the family left from the party......Sure would be nice to have you here to share it with ;)

jhenson 04-15-2012 03:12 AM

'Mornin all you fine DTR members. Sounds like Lary might have had a rough night!!! I'm completely bass-ackwards from most of you folks....I get off work in the morning and then proceed to sip on my brew of choice. Hopefully one of these days I'll either be able to change shifts or just flat out change jobs.....economy and job market willing....and then I'll know what it's like to enjoy family/friend time again.

Well, only 4 more hrs for me and it's off to the house for [coffee] time.

Later.

chaikwa 04-15-2012 05:07 AM

LARY STARTED A BREAKROOM THREAD??? Wow! The world must be ending sooner than we thought! Wait... maybe it HAS ended and this is all a dream!

Morning all! If I gotta be up this early on a Sunday morning, SO DO YOU!

WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!

SUNDAY, APRIL 15th:

1813 - U.S. troops under James Wilkinson attacked the Spanish-held city of Mobile that would be in the future state of Alabama.

1817 - The first American school for the deaf was opened in Hartford, CT... I said, the first American school for th... nevermind. Too disrespectful.

1850 - The city of San Francisco was incorporated.

1861 - U.S. President Lincoln mobilized the Federal army.

1865 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln died from injuries inflicted by John Wilkes Booth.

1871 - "Wild Bill" Hickok became the marshal of Abilene, Kansas.

1892 - The General Electric Company was organized.

1899 - Thomas Edison organized the Edison Portland Cement Company.

1912 - The ocean liner Titanic sank at 2:27 a.m. in the North Atlantic after hitting an iceberg the evening before. 1,517 people died and more than 700 people survived.

1917 - The British defeated the Germans at the battle of Arras.

1923 - Insulin became generally available for people suffering with diabetes. SWEET!

1940 - French and British troops landed at Narvik, Norway.

1945 - During World War II, British and Canadian troops liberated the Nazi concentration camp Bergen-Belsen.

1951 - The first episode of the "Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok" radio show aired. Ironic that it would air on the date he became the marshal of Abilene, Kansas!

1952 - U.S. President Harry Truman signed the official Japanese peace treaty.

1952 - The first B-52 prototype was tested in the air.

1953 - Charlie Chaplin surrendered his U.S. re-entry permit rather than face proceedings by the U.S. Justice Department. Chaplin was accused of sympathizing with Communist groups.

1955 - Ray Kroc started the McDonald's restaurant chain.

1956 - General Motors announced that the first free piston automobile had been developed.

1984 - Ten members of a family were found murdered in their home in New York City. An infant was found crawling among the corpses.

1987 - In Northhampton, MA, Amy Carter, Abbie Hoffman and 13 others were acquitted on civil disobedience charges related with a CIA protest.

1998 - Pol Pot died at the age of 73. The leader of the Khmer Rouge regime thereby evaded prosecution for the deaths of 2 million Cambodians.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
It is better to drink of deep griefs than to taste shallow pleasures.

Special 'Thankful Sunday' coffee is ready.

Going to get fresh donuts too. Have a coffee while you wait!

ofcmarc 04-15-2012 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3097609)
Morning all! If I gotta be up this early on a Sunday morning, SO DO YOU!

WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!

Shoot, Been up all night. Whadda you mean I gotta "get" up.......

Been another crazy night in the motel. One of my lead guys got a frantic call from his wife early in the shift. His 6yo girl was attacked by a dog and severely bitten on the face and scalp...... Just BARELY missed her eye..... Last I talked with him she was still in surgery..... Tough call to get.....

On the lighter side of things, it's gonna be ANOTHER beautiful spring day up here. [coffee] Mid 50s and sunny! [coffee] Of course, I'll have to sleep through most of it........:(

chaikwa 04-15-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ofcmarc (Post 3097611)
Shoot, Been up all night. Whadda you mean I gotta "get" up.......

Oh c'mon! We ALL know that you go to work, make your appearances and find a warm, dark corner to curl up in for the rest of your shift. Now stop making excuses and get up!

Originally Posted by ofcmarc (Post 3097611)
Been another crazy night in the motel. One of my lead guys got a frantic call from his wife early in the shift. His 6yo girl was attacked by a dog and severely bitten on the face and scalp...... Just BARELY missed her eye..... Last I talked with him she was still in surgery..... Tough call to get.....

Please pass my best wishes to him and his daughter for me. Not that it will mean much to him, (obviously, we don't know each other), but maybe the fact that he DOESN'T know me will give him some comfort. [laugh] I hate to see kids hurt, I really do. Hope she makes out okay. :(

Shovelhead 04-15-2012 07:57 AM

Mornin' all.
Beeeeeautiful morning here in the DC suburbs. (just out of "Hood-Rat" bullet range) ;)
Breakfast of waffles and bacon done, on the last cup of coffee in the pot, dishes in the sink, dogs been out and are now back in their pen.
Chores done yesterday, today is "GOOF-OFF" day. :cool:

Enjoy.

ofcmarc 04-15-2012 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3097612)
Oh c'mon! We ALL know that you go to work, make your appearances and find a warm, dark corner to curl up in for the rest of your shift. Now stop making excuses and get up!

I am EMPLOYED by the state I don't necessarily WORK for the state......[roll]

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3097612)
Please pass my best wishes to him and his daughter for me. Not that it will mean much to him, (obviously, we don't know each other), but maybe the fact that he DOESN'T know me will give him some comfort. [laugh] I hate to see kids hurt, I really do. Hope she makes out okay. :(

I'll be sure to do that.:cool:

Hvytrkmech 04-15-2012 08:08 AM

Morning boys, Marc that suxs, prayers for you buddies daughter. I had that happen to my son when he was 3yo, an Akita was tearing up his face, I went into berserker mode and got the dog off him but had the top knuckle portion of my thumb bitten off. That was a long night...

Shorts 04-15-2012 08:14 AM

Good morning people. Rainy out here. I better get the dog out while there is small break in the water fall.

Sorry to hear about the little girl. :(

ofcmarc 04-15-2012 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech (Post 3097632)
That was a long night...

Happened to my then 18mo old Christmas day 2006.... Very long day.... All is good now though.

1/2 hour to quittin' time![coffee]

j_martin 04-15-2012 08:32 AM

I just had a dog incident. Stray "friendly" pit bull showed up at the farm. First chance he got he tried to kill my 15 year old part manx cat. Viet Nam era military martial arts suddenly came to recall and I put a brute force choke hold on the dog, got him to let go of the cat, threw him out, and then finished the job with 00 buckshot. Sherriff said I was plain crazy for doing what I did before I got the gun.

Toughness, luck, and a large measure of angelic intervention saved the cat. I was sore for a week. (Durned adrenaline)

I executed the dog to prevent the sort of things I'm reading in this post. Some animal rights activists want me to be hung for doing that.

chaikwa 04-15-2012 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by j_martin (Post 3097643)
I executed the dog to prevent the sort of things I'm reading in this post. Some animal rights activists want me to be hung for doing that.

Tell the activists that when it comes right down to it, we're all just animals and you won't hesitate to put down any animal that's a threat.

'Bout time y'all finally got up this morning!

jhenson 04-15-2012 08:45 AM

Goodness gracious....I hate hearing news like this about kids (as I have a 17 and a 2 yr old [duhhh]). Hope all is well with the incident. A co-worker of mine just 2 weeks ago had his grandaughters face severely bitten by a horse (accidental feeding mishap). Had it have been my horse there would have been 1 less horse on the farm but the pediatric skin surgeons worked wonders on that little girl!!!!! Something obviously spooked it to do what it did while feeding but everything worked out in the end Thank God.....Dr.s said it was very close to getting her eye along with most of the side of her face.....good thing the granddad was so fast at pulling her away when it all happened. Prayers and wishes this Sunday morning!