Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Sparse, no frills breakroom June 23 to July 6

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
The Sparse, no frills breakroom June 23 to July 6

That's right, you're stuck with this one for two whole weeks...

there's a pot of coffee in the corner - unknown how long it's been there. Don't take your muddy boots off as there is a pile of dirt on the floor.
Bar fridge in the corner has the creamers with the box of sugar packets on top with the coffee and filters right beside the machine on a small separate table.

If you slide around on the rough cut plank bench too much your likely to get a sliver in your.... same with the table.

C'mon in and make things a little warmer....
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 08:12 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Lol... Two weeks.... Not a month?

Stan can't pay the tariff now...forget about two weeks.

Spent a boatload of hours crawling around in hell today. Wife joined me and helped with the 16 ft run. Good to have a second pair of hands on the job. Still wasn't any fun. Body is paying for it already.

Don't drink coffee, so I put some cheap azz beer in the fridge, cause no one gives a chit anyway.

Latr doods

New stack head

New supplies
Old 06-23-2019, 06:39 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
[QUOTE=NJTman;3361740]
Stan can't pay the tariff now...forget about two weeks.

I ain't payin' nuttin' to nobody nohow!

Good morning from a soggy Paradise. Looks like the rainy season has finally started. Love it. Most days are sunny with a bit of cloud, then late afternoons the clouds turn dark and shortly after dark, the rains start. Last night at 20:30 it started to rain hard for about 2 hours and then it eased of to a gentle rain for most of the night. The sun is not up yet, but from what I can see so far, the skies are clear again as usual.

Shoveled out the breakroom, petted the dragon(s) and made fresh coffee and ph00. Now lets see if anybody shows up to partake. Still coughing from all the dust that came up when I triad cleaning the place up and the dragon is sneezing. No goodies today. What's the sense on wasting good food if nobody shows up? Too bad that this breakroom has deteriorated to what it is today. It used to be a fun and busy place to visit a few times every day. With all the new members, plus some old timers, this place should be rocking.

Was out at my country property yesterday and needed the 4 wheel drive on my truck. The soil there is a type of reddish clay and when wet like it was yesterday, has about the same traction as wet ice. Was on a very slight, flat slope, like maybe 2% and got stuck. That is when I had to use the 4WD. Could not get it out of 4WD and will post that problem later this morning in the the appropriate area for help.

NJTman, that job looks painful and uncomfortable. Also looks too much like w-o-r-k!

Got lots of stuff to do, so will leave this dead place and head out. Hope that more DTR members show up and liven the place up somewhat.

Ciao.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:10 AM

Our rainy season is (hopefully coming to an end. Days and days on end, rain, clouds, and more rain and clouds. Yuk!.

My pine and for trees are happy. Though. Look at them this morning!

Hey Stan. What do you mean by "dragons"? They're plural? Whos been multiplying?

Esplain !

Now that the house we just bought turned 60 this summer, I figured upgrading the HVAC and adding lighting where there never was any, AND replacing the 2 wire romex (without ground) with new ground 2 wire romex was about due. I can't imagine the builder saved much money using non grounded 2 wire romex throughout the house except in wet locations, and exterior lighting. I mean there were only 6 circuits. How much money did they save?��

Oh well. Couple days of wiring, got to wrap the trunk line with duct wrap, and I'm out of the dungeon for a while.

Dogs were asking to go somewhere, so we'll see.

67* f. 35% humidity, and blue skies. What a gorgeous day to be lucky enough to be here above
The dirt.

Dunkin donuts munchkins assorted flavors on the counter. Since they're from dunkin they'll last the 2 weeks this break room will be in effect
Old 06-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, finally a new breakroom. Started on Saturday which is illegal, but no fine - - just thanks for getting something up and going again. Like Stan said,
we used to have a lot of fun on here. Where has everyone gone? Where is that thread about the cement bed liner? Need more like that.

Grabbed some ph00 and, no, didn't bring goodies to just have them rot. I did bring fresh food for the dragon. It gave me a hug.

Time for late breakfast - - - wifey not feeling good and still asleep. Will snack a bit until she wakes up and make breaky for her.

Have a good day...……………...
Old 06-23-2019, 08:22 AM

Where's Chiakawa and Bark? Those two clowns made the place funny.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:20 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, finally a new breakroom. Started on Saturday which is illegal, but no fine - -

Errrm, no, I didn't jump the gun, I was just extremely late....
Since pleading ignorance to a rule doesn't cut it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Put some thin foam and vinyl covering over the bench to make them a little more inviting. Placed a red and white checkered table cloth on the table.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Where's Chiakawa and Bark? Those two clowns made the place funny.
Bark could come back with some funny stuff. I met him up in Alaska. He was having some problems and slowly drifted off the forum.
Called once but no answer. I do miss some of those days - - - we had fun. Still could -- just need some help.
Slow day but welcome - - - straightening up a bit around house. BobIII (the third) will be here with his pregnant wife in the morning.
He in in his 30's and they have been trying have a baby for a long time. It has cost both of us a bunch of money, but finally she
has a jumper in her belly. What fun. Anxious to see them.

Refill...…………….

Bob
Old 06-23-2019, 03:29 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by westcoaster

Put some thin foam and vinyl covering over the bench to make them a little more inviting. Placed a red and white checkered table cloth on the table.

Feeling quite at home with the new decor. Thanks!

Brought some beers and put them into the fridge.
(Had to give some of them to the dragons, they started incinerating my trousers. Now they sleep but if they burp... you are on your own.)
Old 06-23-2019, 06:20 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by NJTman
Hey Stan. What do you mean by "dragons"? They're plural? Whos been multiplying?
Esplain !t

Go back to the beginning of the last breakroom for the explanation. That troublemaker Scotty started it. Sort it out with him.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 09:40 PM

Hey, wait to you hear what Scotty's daughter did. WOW. I won't spill the beans - - just keep your eyes open for his post when he can
get to it with everything else happening. He is a proud daddy.

Heading for bed. Watched my neighbor (well, not quite neighbor, but close) walk the wire across time square with his daughter. Made me
nauseated just watching. Do not like being on the edge of things.

Nitey nite.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:40 AM

Oatmeal, fresh blueberries, grapes and honey on the table. No double dipping in the oatmeal!

Took the kids to the Delaware Water Gap and enjoyed the spectacular weather.

Pups had a great time.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mads has done extremely well this season with Basketball.
We made some decisions which meant she had to say good bye to a team that had some issues. This has opened some doors for her that this other team was blocking.

She was Awarded Player of the Game in her last tournament and the team swept the tournament and won it all.

An important note here is the team they beat has never lost a game in the past couple years. This team has traveled the USA and sought out challenging tournaments.
Our girls defeated them cleanly 38-18 and again in the final 42-20.
The other team moved to the B side after the first defeat and then defeated all the teams on the B side to qualify for the final on the A side.

There where some scouts present as well.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:43 PM

Wow, wish I could have hit the breakroom early this morning. Just came in and grabbed a short bowl - - - excellent. Love good oatmeal with blueberries
and honey. Good going. Cleaned up and put everything in the fridge for tomorrow.

Thanks for posting Scotty. Proud of your gal - - she is a winner. Hope you are doing better and got some decent word today. Let us know when you
can.

Me off to bed. Two docs tomorrow - - maybe I will get some good word. Don't feel I will though. See ya morry when I get back. Sleep well.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:40 AM

Good morning from a VERY wet Paradise. It's raining hard as I type this. The rainy season has very definitely arrived. The parched ground sure needed the water.

I see that we have one justifiably VERY proud and bragging Papa on DTR. Congratulations to you Scotty for having a daughter that is excelling in what she does. May she and her team go on to many more wins.

Scotty hope to hear some good news from you soon in regards to your doctor and health problems.

Bob, same for you.

Although it may be a waste of time, still made fresh coffee and ph00.

Ciao.

Quick Reply: The Sparse, no frills breakroom June 23 to July 6