Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

spark plug wire on a quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spark plug wire on a quad

I cant get no spark to my plug the cap is stripped out of the wire. The cap has a screw in it that you screw up into the plug wire . My question is can i cut the plug wire (like an inch) and rescrew the cap in to it to make it work?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:23 PM

yup.. its just a standard wire
Old 01-22-2006, 05:25 PM

ok kool i hope it work cause im gettin tire of this quad really fast, its only got 600+ miles and its edit me off.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:42 PM

What type do you have? I'm going to be getting a new one soon and don't need your headache
Old 01-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselrob
ok kool i hope it work cause im gettin tire of this quad really fast, its only got 600+ miles and its ****in me off.
HEY! Watch the language! There's naive and impressionable people here, like Hoss or Shortround! No need to corrupt the innocents!

Oh, and if you want me to fix that quad for ya, you can leave it here for a few years!

chaikwa
Old 01-22-2006, 08:22 PM

I got an 05 polaris sportsman 500 ho. Its an awesome quad but there are just little quirks on it. But i do take it to its limits alot, it sees water and mud over the seat and rolls over quite often. I know a few others that have same one or diff size ones and they didnt have any problems with theres at all. All of my problems are electrical (throttle sensor a few times it would only run if i help it at wot, lately ive been fightin with not getting spark) i cut a little peice off the wire and put the cap back on but it didnt do nothing. Tomorro ill tear into it more because ill be off and stores will be open.

Oh, and if you want me to fix that quad for ya, you can leave it here for a few years!

chaikwa
If you were closer id let ya tinker wit it for a lil while, but i cant lend it out for a few years. I dont think the gf would be happy with nothing to ride when we all go out.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:24 PM

My old man used to have one of these. It was great. It was the fastest starting engine I've ever been around.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 AM

I have been looking for one them for ever and i cant find a single person selling one. Imagine sending it out to sheids or haisleys and tellin them to tune that bad boy up lol. How did it run power wise reliability speed cold weather and such?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned

I'd kill for the diesel.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:37 AM

Ok well i got spark now and had it running for 45 seconds one time and 15 second another time. When it was running if i touched the throtle it would bog out after it picked up mabey 300 rpms but it would ilde itself. I took my fuel pump apart just befor it was running and that was full of crap. Now it wont start again but it has spark and is getting fuel to the carb. Any one have any ideas for me? I hate takin carbs out especially on utility quad they are so cramped in there. Please help haha im getting frustrated. I no if i take it to the shop they will clean it all out and it will be 300 bucks prolly.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:48 AM

My new '04 Sportsman 400 kept stalling on me the second time I took it for a ride, it was very frustrating. Turns out there is an idle adjust up by the 4x4 switch or throttle, (don't remember which) on the right handle bar that was loose from the factory. Apparently very common. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted/tightened it and it has been flawless ever since. The adjust is under a rubber boot up there somewhere.
I had the same symptoms: idle fine, give it some throttle and it died. There was too much slack in the cable or something like that. Call the quad dealer and ask them. My dealership made it sound like this was common.

~Rob
Old 01-23-2006, 12:04 PM

Yea i had that problem too within the first month but i figure that one out mabey its doin it again i didnt think of that one. thanks im goin back up the garage to give it another shot battery should be charged back up lol.