Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

somethings brewing break room 30 Oct - 5 nov

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
somethings brewing break room 30 Oct - 5 nov

Evening all its after 1500 that's 3pm for you civilians and there wasn't a new break room started so here it is fresh phoo and coffee and a bowl of candy for kids.

Be careful and keep your head on a swivel if it don't feel right it probly ain't.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:23 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Thanks for opening up the new break room.
I checked earlier but the coffee pot was just empty.

Using your spider senses the next week or so…check!
Old 10-31-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Going to the doc this afternoon. Looks like it's time for a z-pack for the sinuses again.

Hope all goes the way you want it to this week!
Old 10-31-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Hope all goes the way you want it to this week!
It won't, I'm optimistic.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
God morning from, yeah, you guessed it - Paradise. Well maybe not the real thing, but pretty close. Just yesterday my wife and I were talking about how blessed we are to live where we do, particularly when she came home from shopping laden with bags so heavy with fruit and vegetables that she could hardly carry them and the total cost was less than $10.

Hot water, coffee and ph00 is ready. There is huge pile of pan de muerto (dead bread) on the counter, so go ahead and pig out. It's that time of year again, so this bread is everywhere. Just to maintain the dead theme have placed a few vases of marigolds all around the breakroom. Enjoy the smell.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks for the chow and coffee, Stan.

I'm enjoying a few cold, refreshing adult beverages here... packing for my trip to Korea in the very near future.

One of my junior Marine's house caught on fire yesterday, what wasn't burned in the fire was destroyed by smoke and water. His wife and young daughter have almost nothing left. Luckily, we have a great support system, and things are happening. My wife is housing her at the moment and taking her around to deal with the legal issues, and a lot of the battalion is coming forward and taking care of other things. It's a bad day, but there are a lot of good folks in the world to help out.

Hopefully everyone is having a good morning. Stay motivated... about something. Doesn't have to be work or home or whatever, just find something that makes you happy and keep your head up!!!

mad
Old 11-01-2016, 02:07 PM

Glad folks weren't hurt in the fire! I'm almost as old as some other folks around the breakroom and have been in or with the Military since I was 17. You can always count on your Brothers and Sisters!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:55 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

This place is pretty dead this week. Removed the stale pan de muerto and fed it to the dragon. Fresh pan de muerto next to the fresh coffee. No ph00 because ph00boy is away, so nobody will drink it.

Just waiting for the sun to warm things up a couple more degrees, then heading outside in my shorts to wash my wife's SUV.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:20 PM

Stan- Thanks for sending the warm my way! 2 Nov and 82 degrees in Kentucky! Not being picky, but a stray shower or two would really help!

Helped myself to the eats. Today's lunch consisted of a stale donut and somebodies chips they left on the table.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening all 80s in southern WV in Nov. We're gona get suckered punched by old man winter when we lest expect it, and we need the rain also went down to a local lake and it was more like a creek.

Yall take it easy latter
Old 11-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
ATTN:

Established tree service looking for new truck driver for local routes.

Must be able to back up a trailer without flipping it over on its side.

If qualified, please contact your local tree service.
Attached Thumbnails somethings brewing break room 30 Oct - 5 nov-1102161148.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
oliver foster (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 04:49 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Glad I'm not that guy...

Mornin. Coffee and Ph00 are on. Cubs won, might be the end of times...

Have a good en.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the coffee Mark...man I missed all the goodies Stan has been bringing in.....oh well the Dragon seems fat and contented at least
Old 11-03-2016, 09:54 AM

Good morning. Another luvly day down here. Yesterday was awesome. Went outside at 9:00 to wash my wife's SUV and the sun had already warmed it up so much that the first bunch of water hitting the glass and metal started to steam. As everything was drying so fast, needed to wash it in small batches to prevent those horrible white water spots from our hard water. It does not get that hot temperature wise here, but out in the sun it can burn quickly. We are at a 6,000 foot elevation , so that may have something to do with it.

May be heading out later today, so may buy some more empanadas and dead bread for y'all. Walmart has their own bakery and all that stuff is made fresh every day. The empanadas cost .52 cents each at today's exchange rate. The bread comes in various sizes, but is also very cheap. I live between two Walmarts and depending on traffic it is about a 10 minute drive to either one. Another Walmart owned store (Superama) also has their own bakery and is only 5 minutes from my house. The variety of pastries and other stuff put out for sale every day is amazing. Anybody drooling yet?

Already eaten my usual morning nopale, so now it is time for breakfast. A huge bowl overflowing with a large variety of fresh cut fruit. Today is: papaya, watermelon, cantaloupe, guava, tuna (prickly pear), grapes, loquat (fresh picked from my tree). Also have a sort of porridge made from fresh almond milk and chia. Then toss is a handful of pomegranate seeds. Good healthy, raw food that is not contaminated with preservatives. Here is a picture of today's breakfast.

Let's see, after breakfast, what should I do? Where to start on my never ending to do list?

Ciao
Attached Thumbnails somethings brewing break room 30 Oct - 5 nov-breakfast.jpg  
Old 11-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Stan....you left out the bacon and the biscuits and sausage gravy

Quick Reply: somethings brewing break room 30 Oct - 5 nov