Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Some People have all the luck........

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some People have all the luck........

I sure dont. I just got my truck 2 1/2 weeks ago and guess what? I heard a loud rumble from the kitchen, got up and looked out the window to see my wife with the truck wedged up against the house. She was trying to pull into the backyard. Guess who will NOT be driving the truck again EVER??? She said she didnt know what happened but knew something was wrong when the truck wouldnt move anymore . Man i am so angry the entire passenger side above the wheel is messed up. I have been lurking here silently learning about my truck for a while. This is NOT what i wanted my first post on the forums to be like. Just wanted to vent to someone other than her (she feels real bad). Now my tax refund has to go to repairing the damage not to performance upgrades.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:00 PM

sounds like something that would happen to me !!! at least now you have something to hold over her head.....could come in handy at some point.....

Seriously, accidents like that really hurt....but that's just the way life goes sometimes....doesnt it???....good luck.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Banned

Get over it.....after all it is only a truck. There are way two many issues in life that require much more concern they you and your scratched up finder. The good point is no one got hurt, that is what you should be thinking about, not pouting over some body damage. Also, the wife is not at fault here, you are. If you would have taken the time to show her how to move the truck, this probably would not have happened. Also, in a marriage, partnership what ever you have, it is we, our, ours,us. There is no mine and yours. Sorry about the truck, that sucks.....It can also be repaired.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by y-knot
Get over it.....after all it is only a truck. There are way two many issues in life that require much more concern they you and your scratched up finder. The good point is no one got hurt, that is what you should be thinking about, not pouting over some body damage. Also, the wife is not at fault here, you are. If you would have taken the time to show her how to move the truck, this probably would not have happened. Also, in a marriage, partnership what ever you have, it is we, our, ours,us. There is no mine and yours. Sorry about the truck, that sucks.....It can also be repaired.
Very true......I dont think he's really MAD at the wife but wanted to vent....and this is probably a better place to vent instead of taking it out on her.....
Old 03-09-2004, 10:30 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Believe me I know how dissapointing it can be for that to happen on something so new. A friend of mine brought home a brand new Toyota Supra. He saved his pennies for it and was really psyched to be able to buy a new one.

Well, before the car had 100 miles on it his wife took it through an intersection and crashed it into another car. It was a few hundred $$$ from being totaled so he had to have it repaired and live with it.

He said it never ran the same again, and he had to keep paying for it for the next 6 years.

So go easy on her, at least you can repair it and have it to run just as it did, and most important noone was hurt.

DT.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Chapter President

That sucks, I had mine 4 weeks and backed it into the basketball pole(never gets used) with the tailgate down. Now my two hundred $ boat is a 700$ boat.

At least nobody got hurt! and hey, you had the tax refund to fix it.

Tom
Old 03-10-2004, 12:12 AM

My wife drove mine through the basement garage door...... Then, before I could get downstairs, she, in a panic, then backed into my camper. Put the drop hitch right through the side of it.

I came on out, stood there counting to 100............... She was in the truck crying. I walked over and asked her if she was through yet...... And she GOT MAD AT ME!

Only good thing about it is, she absolutely refuses to drive my truck now.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally posted by pogorules
My wife drove mine through the basement garage door...... Then, before I could get downstairs, she, in a panic, then backed into my camper. Put the drop hitch right through the side of it.

I came on out, stood there counting to 100............... She was in the truck crying. I walked over and asked her if she was through yet...... And she GOT MAD AT ME!

Old 03-10-2004, 12:26 AM

That made my night.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:44 AM

Y-knot............come on man, give the guy a break His TRUCK IS MESSED UP! My wife did the same thing last month. $4k to the front end. I feel your pain............
Old 03-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by y-knot
What y-not MEANT to say was Welcome Aboard!!!

If you haven't already, you'll find this site to be full of all kinds of information about your new Dodge Ram pickup.....including information about the best way to go about getting those new scratches fixed.

Glad you decided to quit lurking and introduce yourself, and I hope you don't have to use ALL of your tax refund to get those scratches fixed.

Now....go give your wife a big hug, tell her you love her and then teach her how to drive that beast.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome to the site Rabbit,,,,,,,,,

Bummer about the truck,,,,, but things happen. It didn't make it any better that my truck was almost 4 years old when the wife put the first ding in it,,,,,,,, she too was upset and scared that I would be mad,,,,, but stuff happens. The bad thing is I had almost backed into the same mailbox a few times before I made a mental note on how lucky I had been NOT to have dinged the truck,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, Think of how easy it's going to be to buy bombing goodies for the truck now,,,,,,,,,,, She will probablynever say a word about it!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Banned

Too funny.... My wife and I both laughed when I read this. Glad I am not the only one to crunch my truck in the first few months of ownership. Bodyshops can fix the metal. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:07 AM

Re: Welcome to the site Rabbit,,,,,,,,,

Originally posted by RATTLINRAM
Think of how easy it's going to be to buy bombing goodies for the truck now,,,,,,,,,,, She will probablynever say a word about it!
Yeah thats what I was thinking......I see a set of twins, a FASS system, BIG injectors, an Edge Drag Comp, a 6" lift and 36" tires in his future.... You could prolly dip into her bank account for this one
Old 03-10-2004, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by spots
Too funny.... My wife and I both laughed when I read this. Glad I am not the only one to crunch my truck in the first few months of ownership. Bodyshops can fix the metal. Good luck.
You too, huh? In the first three months I got rear-ended (small dent in the bumper), did some custom body work all by myself by rubbing the passenger side of the bed pretty hard against a concrete pillar in the parking garage at work, and got a deep dent just in front of the rear bumper from a hit and run driver in Lowe's parking lot. Then when I'd had it about a year, the parking garage exit gate malfunctioned and smacked it three times before I could get out of the way. One of them scratched up the hood a bit and left a tiny door ding style dent--I just polished out the scratch. The other two smacks hit the aluminum bed rails, so they didn't do any noticeable damage. Obviously it's cursed...

Quick Reply: Some People have all the luck........