Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   To the Soldiers (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/soldiers-284904/)

SIXSLUG 02-03-2011 05:59 PM

To the Soldiers

After watching the NG show on Outpost Restrepo last night I feel I need to Remember and Thank our Troops for what they do![guitar]

We should have a Memorial Day to celebrate our Service men and women every month as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for all you do, you know who you are!

staarma 02-04-2011 08:57 AM

Same here.

I watched it once and can no longer find it. I should have kept it on the DVR but got button happy and deleted it. Now it looks as though it's not going to run again. I guess I'll have to get the DVD.

wyododge 02-04-2011 09:19 AM

That was a fantastic documentary. I happened to see it was playing one night late, the title was kinda strange, so i figured what the heck. I don't even think I blinked...

Those boys are amazing. You have it right Kurt, There seems to be a month for every other group who does nothing but complain about what they don't have, or haven't been given.

Those guys were handed a rock, in the middle of hell. Absolutely amazing what they did there. Wonder why that was not on the news...

cbrahs 02-04-2011 11:54 AM

Here is the link for anyone wanting to view the trailer.

http://restrepothemovie.com/

DieselDaze 02-04-2011 12:19 PM

The word "Thanks" just seems so, "shallow" when it comes to expressing how greatful, respectful, honored we are for what our men and women in uniform do everyday.
Perhaps a handicap of the English language, I wish there was a better word to express our sincere appreciation, our... thanks to all our service men an women.

cbrahs 02-04-2011 12:28 PM

warning warning warning. language at the 9:30 and the 12ish minute marks. if you don't like language don't watch. these guys are Hero's and my hats off to each and every US Military member out there. We love you guys and keep on with the fight.

irocpractice 02-04-2011 12:51 PM

I am on a business trip and on my way back I'm in the Baltimore airport Wed.As I go to the boarding area for the flight,I see some troopers in uniform.As I go over to tell them how much I appreciate their efforts for our great nation,I'm struck by how so very young they all appear.Gosh,to be able to live in a nation where,without coercement these young people so willingly go to help keep us safe from external threat is just so mind boggling.G_D love them all.

SIXSLUG 02-04-2011 02:06 PM

I know what you mean, Thanks doesn't seem to cover it.

staarma 02-04-2011 02:28 PM

Thanks really doesn't cover it. So I bridge the gap by praying to God for them everynight with my family.

cbrahs 02-05-2011 10:13 AM

for all you netflix peeps, Restrepo is available to instant view. I know I will be watching it tonight! :)

LeviMXUSMC 02-05-2011 10:50 AM

To our countries true patrons and hard working men and women. Thank you for the support and it is the Americans like you is why Marines like me fight.

From the my family and I thank you for the support.

befitz 02-05-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs (Post 2919218)
for all you netflix peeps, Restrepo is available to instant view. I know I will be watching it tonight! :)

Thanks cbrahs, just watched the movie. This is of particular interest to me,
as my son arrived in Kunar Province last month.

And staarma, I agree, prayer is the Ultimate help. Thanks for praying, as do
we.

cbrahs 02-05-2011 03:59 PM

Levi- Stay safe brother. My son just got back from the box in november.

befitz- tell your son thank you. You and momma need anything just hit me up anytime.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND THEIR FAMILIES

cbrahs 02-06-2011 12:24 AM

Just got done watching Restrepo. Great documentary and tore me up. our guys/gals are over there risking their lives each and every minute.

one part of the movie Capt. asked his boys why they joined the Army. One soldier in particular spoke up and said "fight for my country" then the Capt asked if they knew ahead of time that they could be wounded or killed and if anyone of them did not know this before they joined. Not one said that they did not know. They ALL joined on their free will to protect our country.

THANK YOU AND MY HATS OFF TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO SERVED, WHO IS STILL IN AND WHO HAVE FALLEN. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICE TO DEFEND THE GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD!

befitz 02-06-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs (Post 2919545)
Just got done watching Restrepo. Great documentary and tore me up. our guys/gals are over there risking their lives each and every minute.

one part of the movie Capt. asked his boys why they joined the Army. One soldier in particular spoke up and said "fight for my country" then the Capt asked if they knew ahead of time that they could be wounded or killed and if anyone of them did not know this before they joined. Not one said that they did not know. They ALL joined on their free will to protect our country.

THANK YOU AND MY HATS OFF TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO SERVED, WHO IS STILL IN AND WHO HAVE FALLEN. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICE TO DEFEND THE GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD!

Yes, that movie is the real deal. And, the hit me up offer goes both ways,
we're in this together as parents of soldiers, as are many in this Nation.
Thanks for your support, I'll pass it on to our son.