Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

So I finally know what I want to do w/ my life!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by singleturnout
go into the MARINES and when you get out you will have a new outlook on life,YOU WILL NEVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED AGAIN
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by rdc
WOW !! throwing stones for sure... O.K. I will return fire thank you..
1.-- I was gonna go in the Marines but my ASFAB score was too high !!!!
2.-- " "" """ """ """ """ my head wouldn't fit in the Jar..

3.-- You do know the Marines are UNDER the direction of the U.S. Navy? They don't even get their very own branch !!!

Had a marine at work one day ragging us 3 navy guys. He said you know why all you navy guys have all those tattoos don't you ? my buddy said no why? He said it was so the marine had something to look at while he nailing the sailor... ( somewhere undesireable ) My navy buddy said " yeah, that is why they are all pictures because you dunba**'s can't read !!!!!

Sure you could go in the marines and learn how to catch a bullet or be a cannon fodder. There are PLENTY of jobs in the civilian world for cannon fodders... OR, you could go in the Navy and learn a valuable trade. electronics, nuclear engineering, ect.. ect.. See places you only dreamed about instead of the battle field and your base camp for 4 years. And actually find a job that pays well later in life. AND not get shot at while you are learning the trade... can't beat that deal....

I worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier for 4 years, ( catapults) I Learned a ton about hydraulics, steam, maintaining just about any kind of mechanical unit...( and how to run for the catwalk when someone yells RUN in the radio !!! lol..) Then I used my G.I. bill to go to college, Then I used my Veterans preference that some one mentioned earlier. Now I work for the Gov't in a Powerhouse making $70 K a year and doing very little work at all and living the good life... I will retire when I am 50 yrs. old.. gotta love the navy !!!!

This is all in good fun.. I have no disrespect for the Marines , they are great guys and fine warriors...We had fun with the Jarheads,errr,, marines thet were stationed on our boat..
Ohman!! What was your ASVAB scores? Won't matter if you keep messing with a Marine!! My GT was 'bout a 123. By the way, I'm I level AVI in the fleet, a navy AT on your side of the house. Who's got the better job? As a reply to #3, we're the mens department. We were formed to take care of some poor little squids that kept getting slapped around on the boats. THAT's why Marines are here, to protect you from all the bullys!! From just the schools that the Marine Corps has put me through, I had over 180 college credits before I ever stepped foot into a university classroom. (still can't spell for crap, though. Maybe that's why I have a job with my name on my shirt!) Boeing, Lockheed Martian, and Smiths industries all tried to recruit me when it was time to for me to re-up.
I'd rather die young as a Marine, than a fat sailor at 80.
Who do you think will get the girls?

Getting all this, Josh? I think that we turned him to the 'other' blue side. Anyone know anything about AF SF?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I know that you're mad that we got to see women every now and then. Come play in my sand boxes, there are a lot more of them on PI than SD. Do you guys even have a pit?

I think we had just as many sand boxes, just not quite so deep. One thing we did have that you guys miss out on are the hills for Infantry training. Lots of climbing to get the legs in shape.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:02 PM
rdc
Banned

madhat,

Not sure what my score was. obviously not high enough or I would have went to college and THEN the navy..
Mens department?? HMMM... does that fall under the " don't ask, don't tell" policy?? LOL !!!!

Yeah, you had the better job on the boat no doubt about that. We had one stinkin' shift and it was usually a 40+ hour on and 4 off shift.. Were you on a carrier also??
I commend you on your accomplishments and I hope the original poster is seeing what the military can actually do for his future. Be it Navy, Marines, Army, Airforce or even, ( god forbid) the Coast Guard..

According to John Carey you are supposed to be dumb as a rock !!!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:03 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

I havent been swayed any direction yet Mark, I was just curious. And yes, I was asking about recon! Shoot me an email in the AM?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:05 PM
rdc
Banned

Madhat,

Her is a classic that ou should enjoy

DO NOT post links to anything containing profanity

Click on the sayings.....
Old 11-19-2006, 11:15 PM

Forget all those "special forces" teams that have you eating bugs and crawling through the mud. Start thinking 007 type jobs. Air Force OSI. (office of special investigations.)
Learn the truth about area 51!! Ha!! Seriously, with a degree like yours, special forces won't put it to use. OSI will and you will have all the danger you can handle without living like an animal.

Another option is SS (secret service). My neighbor's kid was recruited right out of college. Within 2 years, he's at the White House. He has some cool photos mountain biking with Prez. Bush and some pretty cool stories too. It's kind of funny and I tease him about it, but when he was a kid, I took him duck hunting with my son. He couldn't hit anything with that scatter gun!! Now he's got a pretty neat job and can definately hit his target now.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by skipro3
He has some cool photos mountain biking with Prez. Bush and some pretty cool stories too. It's kind of funny and I tease him about it, but when he was a kid, I took him duck hunting with my son. He couldn't hit anything with that scatter gun!! Now he's got a pretty neat job and can definately hit his target now.
Maybe he was getting scatter gun shooting lessons from Vice President Cheney ???

PISTOL
Old 11-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's true the Marines are a 'Department' of the Navy....the MEN'S department!

My GT was 132. Anyone higher than that?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by IA_James
I think we had just as many sand boxes, just not quite so deep. One thing we did have that you guys miss out on are the hills for Infantry training. Lots of climbing to get the legs in shape.
You got the hills, we got the sand fleas. I do not want to compare the two, not saying one is worse than the other, but I'm getting tired of teeth with wings!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by rdc
madhat,

Not sure what my score was. obviously not high enough or I would have went to college and THEN the navy..
Mens department?? HMMM... does that fall under the " don't ask, don't tell" policy?? LOL !!!!

According to John Carey you are supposed to be dumb as a rock !!!
Don't misunderstand my intentions, I'm just as dumb as the next guy, but brains were brought into this one, so I had to come back with something! I do not think that I am anything special, or the crap. For the record.
Don't ask, don't tell?!? We don't talk about that in the Marines... Just overhear it from the navy. Careful, you joke about Marines being gay, but we all know that the navy is full of flamers. Ever seen the movie "Brokeback Battleship"?

Just messing with you sailors!! I really care about my fellow Devil Dolphins!!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
You got the hills, we got the sand fleas. I do not want to compare the two, not saying one is worse than the other, but I'm getting tired of teeth with wings!
I'd rather do the fleas. The hills aren't that bad after mile 5, and before 12. Before and after that, they really, really, suck.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:02 PM
rdc
Banned

Madhat,

I think you are confused, Too many mortor rounds in your personal space maybe?? I have never seen any navy guys sleeping in tents together... Hmmmmm ?????
BTW, before you go the submarine route, We surface guys don't consider them the real navy, They like to hide when the going gets tough...

I think if we have convinced the original poster of any thing about the Military it is that once you sign the papers you not only join the Military, you join a brotherhood that every single one of its members is Extremely passionate about regardless what branch... ( or sub branch in the Marines case lol !! )
Old 11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Oh the HUMOR!!! Yeah, I've spooned with another Marine in a shelter half before, BUT NOTHING HAPPENED!! (except we almost froze to death) Careful, my agent orange is starting to act up. I'm laughing while I type this, I work at a navy clinic every day, and have a lot of proof about which way sailors swing. Most of them can say purple with a lisp.
I've been talking to jbjarko over pm's and e-mail, I think I got him. He said that he liked girls, and something about being disqualified from the navy for that...
Old 11-20-2006, 08:45 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Well boys looks like I need to find an officer selection office, talk to an officer recruiter and see what he has to say

Quick Reply: So I finally know what I want to do w/ my life!