Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

So I finally know what I want to do w/ my life!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I'm brainwashing him with jarhead stuff over pm's right now, somebody better help him out!!!
I was doing the same thing! LOL.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by jbjarko
Haha. Parris Island generally gets the east coast recruits right? Is C. Pendleton for the west?
Yeah. Hollywood Marines is what we call em. I know some people, though. Think that you are getting on the bus for MCRD SD? " Why am I on a plane? Why does this look like South Carolina? WHY does that look like Sgt Morton?!?!"

I'll get you, my pretty....
Old 11-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by tn hillbilly
MAD HAT
Why be a Marine when you can be a SEABEE.
Come closer and ask that....

This is a family site, and I refuse to have points put on me, so I will have to refrain from answering that.

What's a seebee?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad Hat don't get mad cause i can do your job, but you cant do mine. I gotta say i've worked with some pretty awesome Marines before. Did 2 tours in Afghanistan. On my second tour was invited to the Marine Corp Ball there. Awesome experience.

Marshall
Old 11-18-2006, 03:33 PM

unless you want a nice soft life, then join the navy or something. (Happily waiting for the return fire on this one!!!) They all pay the same!
Hey now. Navy wasnt easy. Ever try going to work with a hang over?? I learned how to fold my colthes, clean and drink. Pretty much in that order

I did 4yrs and wish I would not have been so quick to join after HS. My uppers never did help me out. Didnt find out until 3 months or so before getting out that I could have been doing Jouneryman to get my civilian certification. There was a lot of favortism on my boat. Might not be that way everywhere though.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you wait for handouts, you won't find out 1/2 of what you should know. Do your research.
You would be amazed at the amount of servicemen that didn't know about the College Fund, or the benefits of your 4 yrs inactive reserve.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by tn hillbilly
Mad Hat don't get mad cause i can do your job, but you cant do mine. I gotta say i've worked with some pretty awesome Marines before. Did 2 tours in Afghanistan. On my second tour was invited to the Marine Corp Ball there. Awesome experience.

Marshall
Ohhh- That's a good one!!!! (there was not a sarcasam face guy) Let's switch jobs.
All in good fun, though. I have no problems with my fellow service members giving me a hard time because they have a little envy of Marines. Joke away. I LOVE being a Jarhead!!!!
Couldn't make it without you squids. Who would take us places?
Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 AM

Thats why ur a jarhead, more stremlined to swim!!! j/k!! Dang marines hitching free rides off of us!

I actually like all branches of service. Its fun to poke fun at the others.....
Old 11-19-2006, 07:43 AM

Yeah. Hollywood Marines is what we call em.
Hollywood Marine, maybe. The only thing I know about PI is that's where they train the women.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:37 AM

I LOVE being a Jarhead!!!!

Heck ... if it weren't for all the Jarheads "helping us out" by standing in line and clogging up the chow hall, us Squids would all be so fat that we couldn't fit through the scuttles !!!
We even pawn off the leftover ravioli's they serve at midrat's on you fellas... them things are enough to make a billygoat puke
(Luckily, we know where you hide the MRE's ... some of those are actually edible !!)

PISTOL
Old 11-19-2006, 11:25 AM

Go with the Army, they have more choices. Ranger, SF, Delta. Each has its own mission and they do support each other.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by IA_James
Hollywood Marine, maybe. The only thing I know about PI is that's where they train the women.
I know that you're mad that we got to see women every now and then. Come play in my sand boxes, there are a lot more of them on PI than SD. Do you guys even have a pit?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Heck ... if it weren't for all the Jarheads "helping us out" by standing in line and clogging up the chow hall, us Squids would all be so fat that we couldn't fit through the scuttles !!!

PISTOL
Hey, Chief, I like you're saying at the bottom of your sig, that's pretty good.
What?!?!? The navy does not have an obesity problem, do they I've had a few midrats, and I'm glad that the Marine Corps and a redneck lifestyle gave me a iron-lined stomach, but PLEASE stir the chili every now and then!!!
Need an MRE? I'll send a few out to the first few lucky customers.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:26 PM
rdc
Banned

Get your commission. I'm a Marine Sgt, about to be SSgt. PM me if you want me to give you the skinny. I won't bs you, I'd rather you be happy than just a number in the Corps. I also have a couple of very good officer friends that could help you out if you have ?'s. Marines are the best, unless you want a nice soft life, then join the navy or something. (Happily waiting for the return fire on this one!!!) They all pay the same!

WOW !! throwing stones for sure... O.K. I will return fire thank you..
1.-- I was gonna go in the Marines but my ASFAB score was too high !!!!
2.-- " "" """ """ """ """ my head wouldn't fit in the Jar..

3.-- You do know the Marines are UNDER the direction of the U.S. Navy? They don't even get their very own branch !!!

Had a marine at work one day ragging us 3 navy guys. He said you know why all you navy guys have all those tattoos don't you ? my buddy said no why? He said it was so the marine had something to look at while he nailing the sailor... ( somewhere undesireable ) My navy buddy said " yeah, that is why they are all pictures because you dunba**'s can't read !!!!!

Sure you could go in the marines and learn how to catch a bullet or be a cannon fodder. There are PLENTY of jobs in the civilian world for cannon fodders... OR, you could go in the Navy and learn a valuable trade. electronics, nuclear engineering, ect.. ect.. See places you only dreamed about instead of the battle field and your base camp for 4 years. And actually find a job that pays well later in life. AND not get shot at while you are learning the trade... can't beat that deal....

I worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier for 4 years, ( catapults) I Learned a ton about hydraulics, steam, maintaining just about any kind of mechanical unit...( and how to run for the catwalk when someone yells RUN in the radio !!! lol..) Then I used my G.I. bill to go to college, Then I used my Veterans preference that some one mentioned earlier. Now I work for the Gov't in a Powerhouse making $70 K a year and doing very little work at all and living the good life... I will retire when I am 50 yrs. old.. gotta love the navy !!!!

This is all in good fun.. I have no disrespect for the Marines , they are great guys and fine warriors...We had fun with the Jarheads,errr,, marines thet were stationed on our boat..
Old 11-19-2006, 07:54 PM

go into the MARINES and when you get out you will have a new outlook on life,YOU WILL NEVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED AGAIN

Quick Reply: So I finally know what I want to do w/ my life!