Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Snowmageddon breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 07:55 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Snowmageddon breakroom

Woke up to 6+ inches of snow and up to another 16 inches due today into tomorrow morning. It is currently dumping, so it is believable.
People are all wound up about it. The stores where full of people yesterday, buying things like the stores would be closed for the next week.

Looks like I will get some solid plow time in today. Having a nice black tea and raw honey before digging out the old 1st gen and doing the first round of plowing for the day.

Coffee, Ph00 and water for tea out on the counter.
Apple fritters in the oven for anyone who needs a heath 'pellet" for their breakfast.

Off to stoke the wood stove, as they are calling for a good cold snap to push out the snow storm out. The high tomorrow is supposed to be about 0F.
Then I will start making 9Ft Fisher plow "snow angels" in the fresh powder.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:46 PM

Pushed around the 16 inches of snow we have gotten in the past 24HRs with the old 1st gen.
It took a few hours.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:10 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
Pushed around the 16 inches of snow we have gotten in the past 24HRs with the old 1st gen.
It took a few hours.

So, you did.....

Stole all my snow again ! You Bastage ! I want my snow back !!!!!
The following users liked this post:
oliver foster (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 10:35 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Looks familiar.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here in S.W. Indiana we didn't get it that heavy but it was windy as the dickens when it blew through. I had my heavy duty Cadillac out to haul passengers so I didn't have any issues. The wind ws blowing the cleared lanes in before the plow went 1/2 mile. I did stop to pick up a family from Minnesota. I thought folks up there knew how to drie in the snow. Dad's a doctor and their apartment is a block from the hospital. the kid goes to school three blocks from home and mom is a writer. We both had Escalades but where mine has Discoverer MT2 tires and a lift, his was stock with street tires. I dropped them off at a motel that was setting out folding beds to let people hole up for a bit. It even let them bring their dog.

Last edited by grouch; 01-22-2019 at 05:09 AM. Reason: I kant spel wurth a durn.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:49 AM

Cold as a witches earlobe, eh? Today is a bit better. 16*f right now, heading to the high 20's. Wednesday's forecast is 55*f and rain.

Ugh....
Old 01-23-2019, 07:24 AM

Calling for 32F for a high and some mixed icy spit from the sky today. I will clean up the wind blown snow and push back the driveway snow banks with the plow a bit during lunch before they set up tonight.

I would be glad to share a bit of the snow with you T-man... It is stacked up here thick. The shop and cabin roof could use a shovel off today too.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:56 AM

I think I'm gonna find an old Am Indian dude to bang his drum for a couple hours to bring some snow my way. Maybe I'll get a couple minutes on film, and Twitter it, and become famous doing so. Who knows? Start some controversy over a snow dance.

It will be in the 50's, and our forecast is for the smallest snowfall totals for January in decades
Old 01-25-2019, 07:34 AM

42F and it poured a lot of rain yesterday until about 6 when it turned over to snow.
The shop roof slid on its own, so I had the plow truck out twice yesterday trying to keep the heavy wet snow cleared off.
Today is 25F and still snowing. The driveway is back to solid ice, rather than 6 inches deep of chowder like, slush.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:30 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Fresh ph00 on the stove - - - oh, OK, I will make coffee also. …..

Bright sunny morning out there but still cold. Two nights ago strong winds, lots of lightning and rain and dropped from 79 degrees to 48 that night.
Back down last night to 49, but up to 60 all ready. Cold again the next two nights.

Off to work on the subdivision rule breakers today and hopefully get some resolved peacefully. Have a gudurn.

…..……………………….………………..Ph00...…………..
Old 01-25-2019, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the hot drinks Bobby.

I left a few fresh apple fritters on the counter as a naughty little afternoon treat.

That does sound cold for Fla.
At least the days are noticeable getting longer and the sun is stronger when it does come out now a days up here in the north.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:21 PM

Mm,mmm...

Fritters !

Thanks Ollie !

40*f and sunny and windy.

Nice day to sell a job to a customer, and set myself up for the day. Picked up materials, packed the truck, and once we get a nice warm day, I can make a few $$..

Took the plow back off the brick, and will be driving around a bit today, hopefully get some of that salt washed off.

Cold and FLA, to me just don't seem to fit together.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:34 PM

It has been snowing on and off all day. More plowing for me this afternoon. The snow banks are getting high and really deep. If this sort of winter weather pattern keeps up I will need to have my neighbor come over with his bulldozer and blast back the banks on a warm day..
Old 01-26-2019, 07:02 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Another cold 45 degree night in Florida. BBRRRR. Great day yesterday - - son and DIL are here. She spent a lot of the day in lounge in lanai.
Their dog loved it out there and so did she. Read and slept. At least no wind like before.

Fresh coffee and ph00 are on - - sorry, I ate the last fritter - - please don't tell my doc - - he would spank me. It was good.

Me gone to move stuff from one storage room to a larger one for our Property Owner's Association. Too many stored records and running
out of room. Several of us involved so should go quick - - I hope. New room is right down the hall.

……………..……..Ph00...………….Have a great day.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:37 AM

Glad to see the fritters where enjoyed.
Just above 0F here but the sun is trying to burn through the light cloud cover. Might take the dogs out for a snowshoe in the wood later with my daughter. After the rain and the re-freeze snowshoes might be optional, as there might be enough of a crust to just walk on.

Glad too see some life in the break room[s] this week.
Where is Stan and his coconut water?
Lary and his leggs?
Scotty and his high......buy?

Have a good day all, I am off to stoke the stove.