Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Since there’s no new break room, use this one.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 09:21 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
-38c outside right now!!! Yeah, yeah... I'll wait till the temps are up to -30c before heading out to feed and water chickens.

gotta plow the drive today as we finally got about 4" of snow over the last day and half. Wouldn't be so bad if I had a cool plow rig like Tcows or NJTman ... or even one of the forty-eleven dozen rigs that Oliver has. Not me! I'm stuck on my old 4x4 quad with a 40" plow...

I smell fritters! ? ! ? ... ummmm... but I don't see no fritters. One of the last goons (or I mean guys) in here musta ate more than one or two.

Anyways, fellas... by all means stay warm today. Please don't take any chances with the cold ... don't go out of doors until it gets at least +60f !!!
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (01-13-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good morning! something smells good but looks like they are all gone so I dropped a couple boxes of healthy donuts on the counter

Have a safe day folks!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a dark and warming up Paradise. The last few mornings are definitely warming up and once the sun comes up in our usual cloudless day, the day quickly becomes very nice.

Swept out the breakroom because it was full of doughnut crumbs and even some sprinkles. There sure are a bunch of messy eaters that inhabit this joint. The dragon refused to move as it wanted to sleep some more. I suspect that it is not a morning thing - much like some of the grumpy DTR members first thing in the morning. Wish whoever uses the last of the coffee would at least rinse out the pot instead of leaving the dregs to dry out which makes it so much harder to clean the next day. Anyway, made fresh coffee. Today is some great tasting coffee from Veracruz. No idea what the ph00 blend is today, but it smells OK. Hopefully someone will bring some goodies later.

Hope all of you have a great day and that things start to warm up for those that live in a deep freeze.

Off to do do something - after another cuppa.

Still waiting for some of the newcomers to join in with ........ anything.
Ciao
Old 01-12-2018, 08:06 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Low 60's F today, and light drizzle. Most of that snow is now running down the road to the local drains. Glad to see the piles disappear. Most of you old folks would agree that they can be painful

Cleaning up the shop, had my cup of green tea with raw honey, and the day has begun. Maybe I'll get in some welding practicing, as I haven't done anything in quite a while. Gotta keep those skills honed for when something breaks.

Have a good day, fellas
Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Almost 50F and pouring here.
Shoveled off the flat bit of roof last night. I then plowed where the roof slid off a mound of wet snow.
I am having a black tea with a shot of maple syrup with T-man and the dragon.

I brought in some more healthy apple fritters that are on the counter as they where so popular yesterday.

Be good..or be good at it.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:31 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
I brought in some more healthy apple fritters that are on the counter as they where so popular yesterday.

With 'friends' like you, .................... You are helping all of us to keep growing ........... out, not up.
Bob, stay away from the breakroom this morning as I know that you cannot resist these horrible things and will disobey your doctor once again!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:36 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Got caught up in reviewing the local "activities" last night in front of my home.

Seems the neighbor's fists can't stop contacting his wife's face and body. Oh well, another day in loser paradise....

Can't wait till the foreclosure goes through. Things might return to normal around here.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Prayers to you and your family Mark. When I had my wreck I had only half a second to decide where to do the least amount of damage. I could have T boned the guy that pulled out in front of me. I could have went behind him, but there was a car there and the Knik river on the other side. My last option was into the oncoming lane. Fortunately there was no one coming, otherwise it would have been T bone. Probably would have killed him. Instead I took the front end of his truck and destroyed mine in the process. Both of us treated and released for minor injuries.
Went from below zero at the beginning of the week to above freezing no. Nasty combination of rain, freezing rain, freezing fog, and snow the next few days.
Off to town to get in on some Sam's club bargains.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
With 'friends' like you, .................... You are helping all of us to keep growing ........... out, not up.
Bob, stay away from the breakroom this morning as I know that you cannot resist these horrible things and will disobey your doctor once again!
What a killjoy. Will not let me have one of my favorite things. Well, just to make you feel better, THERE AIN'T NONE LEFT - - OR RIGHT - - JUST NUTTIN LEFT. GGGRRRR. Oh well, better off - - just go eat some pork ribs instead. ............

Phone call late last night - - friend is down sick so wants me to teach his class Sunday. So, studying for the lesson and prepare the powerpoint for it. Not much time for prep.

Grabbing a ph00 and leave - - - hungry.......

Old 01-13-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Someone left the heat under an empty coffee pot again. What a stink. Ya, pork ribs sound good.
40° and windy. Should start raining shortly. That will make a mess.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:14 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Afternoon gents... +2c here today and was able to get a few things done outside that needed doing but I just didn't want to deal with -25c and wind...

Anyways, had trouble starting my 04 Yukon on Tuesday... had block heater plugged in but very hard start. Learned how to check continuity with my multi-meter and started to test it. It was so cold on Wednesday and windy that my meter "froze" up in like 2 minuets...

yesterday I crawled under it and unplugged the cord from the block... checked the actual block heater and it metered 30.4 ohms ... my 92 CTD metered 18.8 and my 07 Ford Expedition metered 29.5 ???????

So I checked the cord and sure enough it is cracked in a spot or two ... was able to cut it shorter put on a new male plug end and re-route the cord back to the heater and plug it in ... I'll check tonight and try to start it up ... supposed to be -13c so I'll know if I've fixed the problem.

Really thinking about installing a circulating coolant heater on the dodge ... she always fired right up when the block heater is plugged in and it's cold but it takes a long time to build heat in the cab.

I've got a new Tstat to install... so before I put it in I'm gonna back flush the cooling system... maybe run some vinegar through it (I've got a couple of threads bookmarked on the subject) and install a circulating coolant heater then

Fresh Timmy's coffee is on but no doughnuts!!! Gotta stay away from them there gut bombs
Old 01-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Man I feel sorry for you guys having to spend winters up in them frozen waste lands. Love it in the summer, but remember my years in Minnesota and duck hunting in S. Dakota at -20 to -40 - - horrible. My car would not start at - 20 and would not even go near it - - just walk to work. Yeh, horrible. So, I will not complain on our cold spell settling in tonight. Going to be in the mid 40s this next week at night and high 60s day - - I know - - don't hit me - - just shut up Bob. ...........

So, grab a cup and get out of here before someone sabotages my vehicle.
New week tomorrow. See ya in the afternoon.