Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Short week breakroom Feb 4 - 10

Old 02-05-2018, 05:53 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Short week breakroom Feb 4 - 10

Good morning. Coffee and ph00 is on, even although it may go to waste. The dragon appears very lonely and clingy this morning.

What happened? I went on a weeks vacation and everybody else did too? Nobody even started a new breakroom!!! Just took a look at last weeks breakroom and it is very disappointing with so few visitors. Hope that what is left of this week will see more visitors.

Got back from the hot beach and getting back into the groove again. Here at home when we arrived it was almost as hot as the beach, but this morning is cool again. Cougar, I heard you snickering at my reference to mountains. Is a mountain pass at almost 10,000 feet not considered a bit of a mountain? Had to drive almost 100 miles up hill and dale to get past the really high stuff. The truck being empty and not towing anything did not even notice the climb, although a few times did notice the EGT's and the boost pressure heading towards the upper limits. The rail pressure went up quite high too in a few places and one long climb saw 26 - 28,000 psi for a while.

Bob, hope things ease off a bit for you. You have been running for too long now. When are you going to retire, put your feet up and just take it easy?

Off to do something - like finish my usual first hot drink of the day which is fresh squeezed lemon, honey and apple cider vinegar, then later enjoy a nice cup of coffee. May even get energetic and do an oil change on the truck.

Ciao.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hot doggies - - - someone opened a breakroom. I didn't cuz I thought maybe the rules changed since I can't get on as often right now. Grabbing my ph00.................................THANKS STAN.

My week was horrible, and my wife just called. I could not understand her she is so clogged up. I will be going to take over care while she takes herself to the doc's office if I can get her in, otherwise going in to Quick Care. Her sis no longer realizes she IS at home and tries to get up and go home. She fell once in the week but no damage. Does not talk much any more, just sit up in her recliner and look at TV.

Weather is gorgeous here - - 74 high yesterday, 76 slated for today with 81 by next Sunday. YEA.

Gotta run.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You all and your warm weather 39 raining here, I hope you all get the flu and are stuck in bed for a week
Old 02-07-2018, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by railroaderone
You all and your warm weather 39 raining here, I hope you all get the flu and are stuck in bed for a week
Oh yeh - - - well I hope you get double petunia and get your truck stuck in a rut for a week. So there. ..................

Ha Ha - - - - ain't this fun. Just don't forget I feel that way in the summer about you when you are prancing around cool and yummy while I am soaking wet from perspiration from going out from the AC to pick up the newspaper in the driveway. This is our good time, so don't spoil it for me - - please. Oh, by the way, it is gorgeous out there today and 82 degrees, low humidity and flowers blooming. OUCH, don't hit so hard.

Things going downhill fast at the sis-in-laws house. She has been sleeping all night (did not get up for the potty one time), changed into some clothes this morning and went back to sleep bent over in her chair with her head between her knees, no breakfast, no water, no lunch and still asleep. Very labored breathing. Hmmm?????

Gotta run back over with some food for the wife and granddaughter. L8R.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:50 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Awwww Clint, be nice.

It is because of the type of weather that you are experiencing that I am now living down here. Today it is only 25C and no wind as I write this, but clouding over a bit and hopefully we will get some much needed rain tonight. We seldom have days that require using an A/C. In any case, I do not have one in my house. No heating either.

Bob, it sounds like your SIL's systems are shutting down.

Scotty, what happened to your friend Bruce Cairns that you asked us to pray for?
Old 02-07-2018, 06:21 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Well, the last place I would venture into is a hospital, doctors office, or other medical facility because of all this Flu nonsense going around.

Wife works down the street from a hospital in an insurance agency. Someone came by the other day, who just had left the hospital for (whatever), and said that you cannot enter the building without putting on gloves and a face mask.

Now for all the ugly people out there, the facemask probably wouldn't be a bad thing, but I mean really ? that's what it's like there ? Bat Crazy, Batman!

Off to have a nightly cup of green tea, honey and fresh sliced ginger, as I'm trying to keep away from the beer during the week. I'm just too fat, and I look at a beer, and I gain 2 pounds.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,569 Posts
Off to plow the fresh foot of snow we got yesterday afternoon.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey Ollie!...keep that stuff up there for a while will ya?

Geesh these old injuries of mine surely don't like this cold weather. If it would warm up a little I would call Clint and get him to run out to the range with me so we can kill some paper and metal targets
Old 02-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sadly I’m headed for another urgent surgery trying to get this infection under control.
I will be sure to show them my LEGGGS and request my usual war wonton soup post op.
Tomorrow at 10:45 is when they start the saw and shop vac.
not sure how long I’ll be in the hospital this time.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Sadly I’m headed for another urgent surgery trying to get this infection under control.
I will be sure to show them my LEGGGS and request my usual war wonton soup post op.
Tomorrow at 10:45 is when they start the saw and shop vac.
not sure how long I’ll be in the hospital this time.
Wishing you the best ! Maybe they can throw some medical grade maggots in there for a while. Since they only consume infected / rotted material, they leave wounds perfectly clean once they've done feeding.

Not that I have any experience in this, but it did make for a great show on PBS.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
Off to plow the fresh foot of snow we got yesterday afternoon.
Send it my way, will ya ? I'm tired of this 40* f and beautiful weather stuff.

I could use the snow plowing income...
Old 02-08-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Send it my way, will ya ? I'm tired of this 40* f and beautiful weather stuff.

I could use the snow plowing income...
I'll do what I can...
I will at least send you some pictures of the 6 ft tall snow banks I pushed today with the '95 dually with chains on the rear and an almost 10 FT wide plow on it.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Folks!
Hot Coffee and fresh Phoo in the carafe, Apple fritters, oatmeal and lots of fresh juice ready for you to enjoy this morning.

Have a safe day out there!!!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:26 PM

phew - - finally slowed down enough to come get a ph00 - - and a fritter (you are a naughty boy, Lary - - shame all over you). .....................................................................Yummy. I see the fritters were low fat. NOT.

Wife is home for a few hours with volunteer with sis. She loves trying to catch up with bookwork, then wonders where all the laundry is - - well, check your closet, dear. Everything that folds and has a place I know about is washed and put away. Ironing is waiting for you in utility room. Robb II and his wife will be here tomorrow for 2 weeks. Wow, that will be nice. Wendy is a nurse so will take over care of SIL for the time here. That is so sweet of them - - company for me and help for wifey - - - super.

Refill and gone - - have to take wife back to SIL house. Bummer. Nice having her home a few hours. ....................
Old 02-10-2018, 09:33 AM

I threw one of yesterdays apple fritters in the toaster oven to have with my black tea...Yum!

Looks like I am keeping the white stuff up here.
We got another 6 inches or so last night and it is still coming down. They only called for an inch or two.

Looks like the plow truck is coming out again.

Be good all and enjoy the weekend!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Short week breakroom Feb 4 - 10