Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Shaky breakroom 1/24 to 1/30

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 05:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hi...first day since my wife retired back in early December that she hasn't been around....so I broke bad, went to town and got a haircut..."Born to Be Wild!"

Fresh Phoo, Joe and Donuts come and get em!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Funny thing. I got a haircut the other day too. Just one though, didn't want to wreck the comb-over.

Yeah, I warn younger people all the time. Someday, a good night's rest will become more important than extra curricular activities. And yet, they laugh. Someday, your hair will migrate from the top of your head, to your ears, nose, and back...

How's things in your part of reality? This is the oddest thing. 3c here today. Forecast was calling for rain, thankfully it didn't materialize. Been way too warm this winter. We could still get a blast of nasty cold, but it wouldn't last long enough to make the misguided southerners move back home.

Well, off to the races.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
50 mph plus wind gusts yesterday had to park.
Good friend passed away, funeral this wknd.
Daughter grades for her yellow belt in karate tomorrow.
'Special phoo goo' and straight up black java as well as steak and EGGS to strengthen your LEGGS!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:15 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
50 mph plus wind gusts yesterday had to park.
Good friend passed away, funeral this wknd.
Daughter grades for her yellow belt in karate tomorrow.
'Special phoo goo' and straight up black java as well as steak and EGGS to strengthen your LEGGS!

Yoooo - - - weather sounds normal up your way. We had semis and cars flipped yesterday down south of us. Strange stuff. Sorry about your loss. Always tough. And that wild thing of yours going for her belt - - go girl, go. Tell her nana and grandy are wishing her well.

And fresh ph00 goo and eggs for breaky. I brought along a loaf of rabbit bread (raisin) for toast - - pouring a cup, bread is in the toaster, grabbing eggs and sitting down to enjoy. Thanks.

Off to my "LIST" stuff. Wow, will this thing ever turn the corner and start getting smaller. DUH. Thought I was retired!!!! How does that work???

Bob
Old 01-28-2016, 03:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Figured I entertain you with today's work follies.... Arrived at work at 0445 in a great mood. By 0448, major panic sets in as I inform night shift a main computer system is down. I woke up a service guy in Fla and spent 3 hours on the phone troubleshooting and doing "try this". Turns out it is a catastrophic hardware failure. The guys in the "head office" forgot to renew the service contract and also the purchase of spare components.

When I left, the biggest thrill I had was when I thought "I'm glad I'm not THAT guy!"
Old 01-28-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey what's up just got back from the gym and dreading tomorrow because I know I will be sore.

Finally got my wife's health insurance with the champva system straightened out 19 months total but now it's right there are a handful of people in the goverment that do try and do a good job.

Most of the snow has melted but we're supposed to get an inch tonight

Time for supper latter
Old 01-28-2016, 04:49 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey all grabbing phoo and off to figure out why I have a dead piston
Old 01-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by pind

How's things in your part of reality?
Just a little TOO much reality, in my reality if you know what I mean
Old 01-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by sherod

When I left, the biggest thrill I had was when I thought "I'm glad I'm not THAT guy!"
Sucks to be him!
Old 01-29-2016, 08:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Coffee and Phoo in the pots and fresh baked goodies dig in!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:17 AM

About time you got up and fixed some goodies. Came in at 6 and no one around, so went and did a bunch of work. Now time to grab more ph00 - - smells good and the goodies look like lots of fat mollykules - - yeh! Here they come down there - - - gulp.......................... ......................

Finally cleared up down here and sun is up. More like it. Over 4" of rain the past two days and a bunch of wind. Get to try out my new blower/sucker/mulcher soon as it all dries out. That will be lot more fun than raking it up - - I think????

L8R
Old 01-30-2016, 08:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Fresh coffee and phoo and lots of goodies too....Today's break room is being catered by Cracker Barrel come and get some grits!
Old 01-30-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Fresh coffee and phoo and lots of goodies too....Today's break room is being catered by Cracker Barrel come and get some grits!
I'm here. Stuff looks good and ph00 smells good. And they have good grits. .....................................

Hey, where is everyone? Two posts yesterday - - you and me. Everyone snowed in???

Gotta go finish putting in a new mail box - - other one rotted all up. Roof rotted so bad it came off in my hand when I tried to lift the box. Always something to do and so little time and so many calling. L8R
Old 01-30-2016, 01:31 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Another one of those weeks. Weather? ICE and lots of it. Work? A hydraulic failure and a turbo grenade besides the annual I'm in the middle of. Then my boss lines out my next 2 months. I won't be home for a while.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:03 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headsup fellow DTRotarions !
Eric got this great idea while taking his wife out to dinner Friday night at Tony`s Steak House !
He has graciously ordered a buffet breakfast for tomorrow morning !
It will include Steak & eggs -biscuits & gravy - hash browns -assorted fruits -cornbread -
coffee pho & Tea .
Make sure everyone is aware.
AND A BIG THANK YOU TO ERIC

Quick Reply: Shaky breakroom 1/24 to 1/30