Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Scam or no Scam? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/scam-no-scam-157862/)

Txwelder 06-29-2007 09:25 PM

Scam or no Scam?

I posted wheels and tires for sale on a website other than this. Had a guy respond from Spain saying he needs my full name, address, cell phone number, and price so he can send a cashiers check or money order and will arange for pickup of the wheels/tires. I am leary of this. Does anyone have any input on the subject? Just not real big on dealing overseas since there are many scams out there. Thanks in advance.

LOGAN 06-29-2007 09:27 PM

scam, they go fishing for adds like this, just delete it.

D2 Cat 06-29-2007 10:17 PM

Now let's think this through. Does it make sense to purchase tires and wheels in the USA and have them shipped to Spain? Oh, he's going to have them picked up, not shipping required!!

The faster you delete is email the quicker you'll rid yourself of headaches.

If the other web site is Ebay, post the question on your listing for everyone to read!

dssimecek 06-29-2007 10:31 PM

scam Run Away. Ignore It And Delete The Message.

dodgezilla04 06-29-2007 10:39 PM

have fun with it. give him the address and phone number of your local attorney generals office or the nearest branch of the FBI. :)

t-boe 06-30-2007 09:49 AM

Basically he's going to send you a fraudulent cashiers check for $XXXX over your original asking price. Then he'll say whoops can you just refund my whatever amount over I accidentally sent. You send him the difference, his check bounces and your out that money. You can either mess with him like dodgezilla04 says, delete it, or reply back to tell him to drop dead. Just don't do any deals with this scammer.

Rollin' Smoke 06-30-2007 10:02 AM

definate scam.......had a guy want to buy a motorcycle i was selling. he was supposedly in the UK or something like that. I actually played along with him though knowing that it wasnt legit. he sent me a cashier's check for $5000 and was supposed to have a guy pick the bike up the day I got the check. well everyone one know's that a cashiers check of that amount can take up to 10 days to clear a bank. well the guy thought that I was just going to let someone pick up the bike without the check being verified and cleared. I got the check and took it straight to the bank and told them what was going on. so they ran it through the bank it had on the check, supposedly this guys bank in Florida. the lady told me right on the spot that there was no such acount after she talked to the other bank. she also said, glad you didnt fall for this one!!! they also made some kind of report, but you know nothing will ever come of it. this was about 3 years ago.

hope this helps someone in the future

96_12V 07-01-2007 12:13 AM

SCAM - and I would tell this dude to Scram!

Unfortunetly, I'll probably not be selling many things on ebay or similar sites, due to the prevasivness of scams these days. What's with people anymore?

AlpineRAM 07-01-2007 04:52 AM

Well, I think you should give this guy one chance- tell him that there were enough scams and that you will sell with an escrow to assure that none of you are scammed.
I am very weary about buying stuff in the US because a lot of my inquiries are simply put into the trash can of the receiver. On the other hand I have been scammed by US vendors. They did send a parcel with the right weight, but the content was junk.

Just my 2c

AlpineRAM