Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Question about concealed carry

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last time I went to upstate NY I carried mine and was allowed to through most of the states, not sure about PA but NY does not honor TN's ccw. I talked to my friend and he said don't get caught with it. He then told me when he moved back up there from the south he had a pistol and it was disassembled and "barried" until he left that dookie hole again. He explained the laws behind bringing a pistol into NY state and it boggled my mind, glad I left that place.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Ted Nugent: “I believe that a person moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves. The second amendment to me is so obvious to me, its insane that there is an argument. Let’s pretend there is no document. Let’s pretend brave families didn’t leave the tyrants and slave drivers of Europe, so that they could practise the religion of their choice, they could speak out without being murdered, that they could produce wool without the King’s men coming and taking it from them every season of harvest. Lets pretend none of this happened. Lets just pretend that this guy named Ted Nugent, parachuted down to earth and woke up one morning and saw all of these wonderful resources and had dreams of excellence and being the best that I could be. I don’t need a document and I don’t need another man to explain to me that I have the right to defend my gift of life. And that there is an argument in America from Hilary Clinton, from Barbara Boxer, Diane Feist, from a whole gaggle of ********, who would try to tell me they will dictate where how and if, I can defend myself. I find that preposterous, I find that unacceptable and I will not accept it. I am a free man, DON’T Tread on Me, a good law abiding citizen, not convicted of a felony. The 2nd amendment of our bill of rights is my concealed weapons permit. PERIOD. That’s it.

Evan Smith: “So no limitations of any kind”

Ted Nugent: “No none. The limitation would be instead of arresting people for molesting children 24 times, I would rather the dad walked into the room, found a person molesting that child and blew his brains out. I would rather that the lady in Massachusetts last month who was taking her daughter to soccer who was car-jacked by a recidivistic maggot who had been in the prison system all his life but he was let out again because “we feel sorry for him”, maybe he had a bad childhood, and instead of her being hijacked and murdered, I’d rather she just shot the bastard dead. But in Massachusetts, somebody decided she can’t do that, so she is dead. I would rather she was alive and the car-jacker was dead. I’m weird? I would rather that the guy who beat his lady to within an inch of her life in Waco, on parole was he, and beat her to within an inch of her life in front of her grandchildren, with a whiskey bottle, I would rather she fell to the ground, pulled out a 38’ and shot him 6 times in the chest and killed him. Am I weird?
Because the guy is going to get out again. I don’t like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders.”
Old 12-11-2008, 11:48 PM

Thanks for all the great responses guys. My mind is made up, and protection of my family is more important than the "rules" in my mind.
Hypothetically speaking now...if one was forced to use their concealed weapon in a state that didn't honor their permit I imagine they'd hang you out to dry....so sad some of the laws in this country, but it's still better than all other places.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A Florida non-resident permit is riciprocated in a lot of states. Might be worth a look.....