Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Post pics of THE stupidest vehicle youve seen

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post pics of THE stupidest vehicle youve seen

Ill start...hope these dont belong to or offend anyone lol.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:00 PM

here are a couple i found.

honda with an identity crisis, doesnt know if it is a honda or an elcamino wanna be.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont know if anyone watched it, but how about that car they had on the show storm chasers this year? It was crazy. Like some custom built welded together deal...
Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 PM

Forgot to mention....both trucks I found are on ebay...the lower is called 'the shuttle'.

Diesel storm, pics no worky?.?.?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:27 PM

i tell people this was my inspiration for my stacks...
Attached Thumbnails Post pics of THE stupidest vehicle youve seen-my-inspiration.jpg  
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
DTR question asker

Originally Posted by MasseyMan1089
I dont know if anyone watched it, but how about that car they had on the show storm chasers this year? It was crazy. Like some custom built welded together deal...
You gonna watch the whole series?

I like it (kinda) so far.

Too bad they had to use a stupid F450 with that Powerstroke that might leave them stuck on the side of the road with an F-5 tornado coming right at them... though I guess he'd be happy to get that shot, but I'm not sure if that thing would survive a really big tornado.

It sure sounds like it has a 6.0 in it, but it looked to be an older truck that would have a 7.3...

Anyway, yeah its stupid looking, but shoot the guy did the work himself, its an interesting idea in the least.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:52 PM

That truck looks like it is always struggling to get going... Bet it is pretty heavy though.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 AM

Well guys, I just won this thread!

Saw this beauty at the Quarter Horse Congress this year. It's so crazy I think I would buy it if it was for sale!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by dieselfuelonly

Too bad they had to use a stupid F450 with that Powerstroke that might leave them stuck on the side of the road with an F-5 tornado coming right at them... though I guess he'd be happy to get that shot, but I'm not sure if that thing would survive a really big tornado.

It sure sounds like it has a 6.0 in it, but it looked to be an older truck that would have a 7.3...

Anyway, yeah its stupid looking, but shoot the guy did the work himself, its an interesting idea in the least.

The TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) 1997 7.3 non intercooled from what I understand. It was an old farm truck he converted it with. The outside is 1/2 steel and the glass is bullet proof. The truck weights in at a little over14,000 lbs. The thing is sweet. I'd say i would want to chase a tornado but I haven't been around enough of them yet (the last one Corey and I were laughing at the sirens right up until they went off right next to my window....) We took off cause we knew it was coming.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Speaking Of that show come on guys that TIV wont stand up in a twister did you see how he had the bullet proof glass in there? I seen at least 2lb of silicone and the thing leaks haahha. Good show none the less.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

here ya go, came upon this earth friendly specimen the other day...

Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by doomgaze
Well guys, I just won this thread!

Saw this beauty at the Quarter Horse Congress this year. It's so crazy I think I would buy it if it was for sale!

DANG!!!! too bad he didn't off the truck's sleeper, push the travel trailer forward, and put a G/N hitch on there - then you could haul the BIG horse trailer too! I am really not liking how far down those propane tank racks are hangin', too.... with that long wheelbase, I can see them catching a curb or something and getting wiped off.

Gotta print off these pics for hubby.... he's talking about doing something kinda like this for a horse show rig for us!
Maybe not "quite" as big a truck, though
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I f I had a camera last night, I'd win. Maybe I can get Old Dog to rig it up again this weekend?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
here ya go, came upon this earth friendly specimen the other day...
Thats really funny since the generator probably puts off more emissions than that suv's factory 4 would...
Old 10-29-2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by dieselfuelonly

For those interested.....Here is a link with some pics/write up about it.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/storm-ch.../vehicles.html

Quick Reply: Post pics of THE stupidest vehicle youve seen