Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Playstation 3 People are STUPID!!!

Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
I promise I'm not trying to flame or anything, but what will $600 buy your truck? Almost nothing. People that are hoardcore gamers (hoever useless it is to be one) think spending money on a truck is stupid when you could buy more games...

Now spending over $600 just to be the first moron to own one is VERY stupid. as phox said your getting a $1000 blu ray player that plays games for $600. It is a good deal cause it take sony like $850 just to manufacture them. They lose money on each one they sell.

I agree completely with waiting. Let them work out the bugs and drop the price and I'll get one. I want a Wii (stupid name) just because you get all the old nintendo games (regular and super). Now that is cool.
I could buy a lot of seperate things for $600, delivery valves, injectors, gauges, larger exhaust housing, 4 inch exhaust, brush guard, toolbox, lift kit, cd player, bed liner, decent intake system, but I get your point about to each his own. I'm saying that buying one for the purpose of smashing is stupid. Regardless if they made profit that's still money wasted. They could've donated it to a childrens hospital and the people waiting still would've been like **** and then at least someone would've got some use out of it. Being the first to have one is over-rated because in like 3-6 months a lot more people will have them and they didn't pay $1500 on ebay or wait in line for 2 days. I still play boxing games on ps2 and still actually every now and then play super nintendo, but I didn't pay over $150 for either.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Iron Mike
What's a blu ray player? Is that anything like a Booray player? Booray is a coonass(<<Not a dirty word) card game. Not sure of the spelling.
Blue-ray is the highest quality dvd picture available. Insted of holding 8gb like a standard dual layer video dvd they can hold up to 60gb or so, But it's useless without a Tv that supports the higher resolution.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mslaughter
I could buy a lot of seperate things for $600, delivery valves, injectors, gauges, larger exhaust housing, 4 inch exhaust, brush guard, toolbox, lift kit, cd player, bed liner, decent intake system, but I get your point about to each his own. I'm saying that buying one for the purpose of smashing is stupid. Regardless if they made profit that's still money wasted. They could've donated it to a childrens hospital and the people waiting still would've been like **** and then at least someone would've got some use out of it. Being the first to have one is over-rated because in like 3-6 months a lot more people will have them and they didn't pay $1500 on ebay or wait in line for 2 days. I still play boxing games on ps2 and still actually every now and then play super nintendo, but I didn't pay over $150 for either.
I agree, people are crazy to spen this much on pretty graphics that have bugs, but you can't fix stupid.

Are you kidding me? Someone sells something for less than it costs to manufacture? You must have gotten the big head after beating up on my cowboys this weekend! Surely I missed the point to your sentence.....danged ol' Red Raiders!!!
hehe. yea we barley won. We should have beat the sooners and texas, but we don't play in the second half any more...

I agree it is stupid to sell something for under cost, but like someone else stated they make money on games. $1 for the disk cost and the electricity to burn it. Oh yea, then you pay the programmers who make like $40k a year to make the games. so about $50 profit per game...Pretty crazy.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by marc03
Blue-ray is the highest quality dvd picture available. Insted of holding 8gb like a standard dual layer video dvd they can hold up to 60gb or so, But it's useless without a Tv that supports the higher resolution.
Not only that, but it has to support the copy protection to get the high res. dual layer dvd's hold 9gb and dual layer Blu ray hold 50gb. More space=higher quality video. I've read that older movies look awful because they actually show more of the "low quality film" from many years ago (eg wizard of oz)
Old 11-20-2006, 07:48 PM

HD-DVD owns BLU-Ray

And the Wii owns the POS3...
Old 11-21-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Digital Bullet
HD-DVD owns BLU-Ray

Got any info to back this up? How can any format that isn't perfected yet be better than anything?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:36 PM

Got any info to back this up? How can any format that isn't perfected yet be better than anything?
Yes...

The Wii is outselling the PS3 with a ratio of 3 games per system on the Wii to 1.5 for the PS3...

And HD-DVD outsells Blu-Ray by double every month...
Old 11-22-2006, 07:26 AM

Yes...

The Wii is outselling the PS3 with a ratio of 3 games per system on the Wii to 1.5 for the PS3...

Thats because ps3 did not release as many. They sold what they released.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by LethalInjection
Thats because ps3 did not release as many. They sold what they released.
Well, considering the PS3 is also a Blu-Ray player... the movies still don't sell.

Oh, and there were a LOT more PS3's released yesterday to Gamestop/EB...
Old 11-22-2006, 08:28 AM

Well, considering the PS3 is also a Blu-Ray player... the movies still don't sell.

Oh, and there were a LOT more PS3's released yesterday to Gamestop/EB...
That does not surprise me that the movies did not sell. Thats because no one bought a ps3 to keep they bought them to put on ebay and make money!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HD-DVD owns BLU-Ray

Hmmm. More hardware companies and movie studios support the Sony Blu-Ray vs. the Toshiba HD-DVD.

MikeyB
Old 11-22-2006, 12:26 PM

Yes...

Just because something sells more doesn't mean it's better. Ford sells more f250's than dodge sells 2500's. Does that mean they are better? Or, does it mean that people "in the know" know that dodge (cummins) make a better engine/truck?

The Wii is outselling because there are more to sell.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Hmmm. More hardware companies and movie studios support the Sony Blu-Ray vs. the Toshiba HD-DVD.

MikeyB
Oh yea, thats the other reason Blu ray is better. The only way anybody can comment on which is better by buying both and doing a side by side comparison. Other than that, it is your opinion. I'll get blu ray for the specs alone.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:39 AM

Oh yea, thats the other reason Blu ray is better. The only way anybody can comment on which is better by buying both and doing a side by side comparison. Other than that, it is your opinion. I'll get blu ray for the specs alone.
FACT: HD-DVD has more movie studios than Sony will EVER Vhave.

OPINION: Blu-Ray will be the next Betamax.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:18 PM

Everyone has their thing they will waste their money on. We waste money on trucks and other toys and they waste it on games and consoles.

No difference.

Just some toys allow you to enjoy them with a social life