Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Pitstop for strangers and the strange 7/22/12-7/28/12

Old 07-24-2012, 12:36 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you are still checking in on us Claude. Try to stay cool!!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin’!

Good to see you Claude!

TUESDAY, JULY 24th:

1847 - Mormon leader Brigham Young and his followers arrived in the valley of the Great Salt Lake in present-day Utah.

1847 - Richard M. Hoe patented the rotary-type printing press.

1849 - Georgetown University in Washington, DC, presented its first Doctor of Music Degree. It was given to Professor Henry Dielman.

1866 - Tennessee became the first state to be readmitted to the Union after the U.S. Civil War.

1948 - Soviet occupation forces in Germany blockaded West Berlin. The U.S.-British airlift began the following day.

1956 - Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis ended their team. They ended the partnership a decade after it began on July 25, 1946.

1969 - The Apollo 11 astronauts splashed down safely in the Pacific Ocean.

1974 - The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Nixon had to turn over subpoenaed White House tape recordings to the Watergate special prosecutor.

1987 - Hulda Crooks, at 91 years of age, climbed Mt. Fuji. Hulda became the oldest person to climb Japan’s highest peak.

1998 - Roy O. Disney received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
All my friends keep telling me to never succumb to peer pressure. So I'm going to take their advice and not listen to them.

Coffee’s on!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
have been reading posts ( not to difficult to keep up )
Bob glad it seams to have been nothing serious !
Scott still enjoy your history lessons !
Bark -nice fish (even though they arn`t trout ) just kidding

I know Mark is in the sand pile -sure wish he could at least drop by & let us know he is ok !

hot up here also ( been watching the grass die & water evaporate )

have been fabricating parts & pieces of antennas for different frequencies for my ham gear .
We have had a lot of good company this summer and its been nice having my son back in the area after completing collage (bought a house 18 miles from us )

Claude
Ill be learking in the shadows
Hey Claude, you old buzzard - - thought you had gone up the river fishing and got lost. Good to hear from you. Still playing with your antennae, eh?

Just checking in with the diesel sniffers - - no new news this morning, so I will continue getting good stuff done.

Bob
Old 07-24-2012, 04:13 PM

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE HIDING IN HERE??????????????

(sniff sniff - - hmmm? I used deodorant.)

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LonesomeBob
Old 07-24-2012, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection...certainly not the worst thing to medically happen to me, but if you can avoid it I'd recommend y'all do so.

There's nothing like laying face down, bare buttocks in the air while your doctor uses a bicycle-pump sized needle to make your legs twitch like a puppet.

On the flip side though, I was able to sit upright in a regular chair without back pain for the first time in over 2 years. Here's hoping it lasts longer than the duration of the anesthesia...
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Yikes! I was going to whine about the electromyogram I just had (they stick needles in you, run current through them and make your muscles go nuts). It is nothing compaired to your injection. Do the Steroid's make your blood sugars go nuts?

Originally Posted by FiverBob
ANYONE HIDING IN HERE??????????????
LonesomeBob
Sure,,, he makes fun of me because I panicked a little yesterday when nobody was here, freaked out and started running down the road screaming throwing my clothes in the air.
Hows it feel Bob.
Hope one of your neighbors hit you with their weed wacker as you were zipping by.
Hurts doesnt it.
Sun is finally out here. Going out for a little ride.
~
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bark
Do the Steroid's make your blood sugars go nuts?
It can cause elevated sugar level in diabetics for up to a month, but the doc says I shouldn't have any noticeable symptoms as I'm not even close to diabetic. I can say I felt pretty crappy afterwards, but I figured that was a result of 13hrs fasting prior to the procedure. Or maybe it was just that I wasn't allowed to have my morning pot of coffee (fixed within eight minutes of leaving the hospital).

In any event, now that the anesthetic has worn off, I can definitely feel the puncture location but my joint pain is still much reduced. It's somewhat odd not feeling the stab of pain with movement and the dull throb at all other times. I'm amazed at the level of pain my body had become used to, and I hadn't really thought about how much or how often it hurt until I realized it didn't hurt anymore.

I had an electromyogram when they were trying to determine why I couldn't sleep. It turns out I don't have nerve connectivity problems in my legs, don't have RLS, and, (whaddya know?!) the back pain I've been complaining about is what's been keeping me from feeling rested! Of course, I'm also taking Neurontin (Gabapentin) to reduce the sciatica caused by scar tissue nerve impingement, so it would (should) stop most minor nerve pains anyway...
I say all that to say good luck with whatever issue resulted in your need for the test...We've got a friend with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, and it's just brutal...I'm very, very hopeful your need is much less severe!

Stay thirsty, (and healthy), my friend.

-ald
Old 07-25-2012, 03:16 AM

I have had back pain but luckily it was the stupid kind (from being stupid) that went away without treatment.
Reason why I asked about the blood sugars is because my wife had been getting cervical epidural steroid injections for the disks in her neck.
After one of them she went into ketoacidosis and darn near died.
Now she is on insulin (she had been borderline for years).
Anyway, glad its working for you, I know the shots made it so she could sleep at night, take walks and enjoy life so she doesnt really mind the insulin.
Sometimes I wonder if our bodies werent designed by the govt.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With all you guys comparing aches, pains and ailments, this place is beginning to sound like a rest home at bingo time!

Mornin' all!

WEDNESDAY, JULY 25th:

1805 - Aaron Burr visited New Orleans with plans to establish a new country, with New Orleans as the capital city.

1850 - In Worcester, MA, Harvard and Yale University freshmen met in the first intercollegiate billiards match.

1850 - Gold was discovered in the Rogue River in OR.

1854 - The paper collar was patented by Walter Hunt.

1861 - The Crittenden Resolution, which called for the American Civil War to be fought to preserve the Union and not for slavery, was passed by the U.S. Congress.

1866 - Ulysses S. Grant was named General of the Army. He was the first American officer to hold the rank.

1868 - The U.S. Congress passed an act creating the Wyoming Territory.

1941 - The U.S. government froze all Japanese and Chinese assets.

1943 - Italian Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini was overthrown in a coup.

1946 - The U.S. detonated an atomic bomb at Bikini Atoll in the Pacific. It was the first underwater test of the device.

1946 - Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis staged their first show as a team at Club 500 in Atlantic City, NJ.

1952 - Puerto Rico became a self-governing commonwealth of the U.S.

1998 - The USS Harry S. Truman was commissioned and put into service by the U.S. Navy.

2010 - WikiLeaks leaked to the public more than 90,000 internal reports involving the U.S.-led War in Afghanistan from 2004-2010.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Coffee is ready. Ph00 f0r B0b & Geritol for the rest of you.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 AM

Sure,,, he makes fun of me because I panicked a little yesterday when nobody was here, freaked out and started running down the road screaming throwing my clothes in the air.
Hows it feel Bob.
Hope one of your neighbors hit you with their weed wacker as you were zipping by.
Hurts doesnt it.
Sun is finally out here. Going out for a little ride.
~
Hey man, I panicked - - no joke. Thought I had missed the rapture. I wish it was ONLY a weedwacker that hit me - - it was a truck. Thank goodness it was a Dodge. ............I was down to the Pampers and it hit me in the butt - - they cushioned the blow. ...........

Originally Posted by chaikwa
With all you guys comparing aches, pains and ailments, this place is beginning to sound like a rest home at bingo time!

Coffee is ready. Ph00 f0r B0b & Geritol for the rest of you.
Jist u wate, big boy! Yo daa is cumin when you grow up bit more - - - no, not OUT - - - UP. .........

Sun is up, blue skies, lots to do - - - thanks for the ph00, Scott - - -ummm Good....................CYA,

BoB
Old 07-25-2012, 08:02 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I think the common factor is that they are both being corrupted by the same devil.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by j_martin
I think the common factor is that they are both being corrupted by the same devil.
Well stated, Mr. Martin.

Bob
Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 PM

Ouch. The truth hurtsLoL!

22 fish today (I was fishing some old folks proxies).
Gotta finish cleaning them but I will let them freeze em or whatever.
I am beat (and I dont smell too good either).
Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

does this have anything to do with a sewer pipe thru a recreational area???
Old 07-25-2012, 11:51 PM

Fronty is nuts and an 83 year old lady just yelled
Soylent Green is People!
Some old people really freak me out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pitstop for strangers and the strange 7/22/12-7/28/12